Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I honestly think other GMs put the screws to Chiarelli and ask for a king's ransom in trades because the Oilers won the McDavid lotto.

I know...tinfoil hat talk, but damn that's what it seems like.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
In the last 24 months, The Flames have added 2 top 4 D for a price pretty similar to what we paid for Griffin Reinhart.

We don't have a good GM folks.

I usually defend Chia but this is a not a good look for him. Don't know how anybody can defend it.
The Flames paid a similar price for Hamonic that Chia paid for Reinhart maybe even worse because of who fell to 16th that year. Ugh

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
how we don't match that deal is simply beyond my comprehension ..... flames get a solid 3/4 guy for essentially nothing.... late 1st rounder and two 2nd rounders.... that is a FANTASTIC deal for calgary, and one that our idiot of a GM should have matched all day long.... but instead he signed freaking RUSSELL for 4 years! lol, you can't make this stuff up.... utter incompetence

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
When does the narrative change from other GMs picking on Chia and raising the bids for us compared to other teams, to him just being a bad negotiator?

There seems to be a "wah-wah" patrol on this board these days who won't allow any criticism of Chia(check the draft thread to see), but I think it's a legitimate question.

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB
I honestly think other GMs put the screws to Chiarelli and ask for a king's ransom in trades because the Oilers won the McDavid lotto.

I think Chiarelli just isn't a good GM.

No conspiracy.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
In the last 24 months, The Flames have added 2 top 4 D for a price pretty similar to what we paid for Griffin Reinhart.

We don't have a good GM folks.
We would never of gotten the Hamilton deal. The Reinhart deal was bad, but oh well.

If the price for Hamonic is true, that seems like a solid deal for the Flames. Although I think they need more help up front.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Anyway. See you guys in March when we are top 4 in the west and you are all back on the bandwagon. The absolute idiots on this forum is crazy.

If we're in the top 4 it won't be because of our defence that's for sure

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
At what point do we trade our first round picks for a good RHS D man?

Should we wait until Connor is making 13 mill a season? That has to be the right time. No point to go for the cup now, while Connor is making peanuts.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
Now with NY having that extra 1st to make a play for Duchene. Depending on what D goes back the other way, Barrie could be moved a bit more easily.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010

I think Chia is just an idiot. I doubt he even considered any of the other defenceman available. He had his guy.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
At what point do we trade our first round picks for a good RHS D man?

Should we wait until Connor is making 13 mill a season? That has to be the right time. No point to go for the cup now, while Connor is making peanuts.

Top 4 RHD don't get traded for picks. That's what everyone told me last summer when we traded our 2nd best player for one.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
How many knee surgeries has Hamonic had ? Seems like they were catching up with him last season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad