Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
DP isn't coming back here... he didn't like it.

As far as I know, he enjoyed the city, but didn't like the coaching and management. Do you blame him? He was here for the Eakins/MacT era.

I remember him being involved in the community and always saying positive things about the city and the fans.

I'd take him back if he didn't cost too much to acquire.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
a signed Doughty for Drai ... would you guys consider it

No. Not sure why the Kings are doing this either, they have Kopitar.

I like Doughty, but we've already surrendered too much offence in the Larsson trade, we can't spare any more.

Klefbom just needs to suck it up and figure out that yes, you actually have to try hard when you put on an NHL jersey, since he apparently forgot that over the summer.

If Darnell Nurse has legit taken a step forward in his development, we should be good defensively once Sekera is back.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
No. Not sure why the Kings are doing this either, they have Kopitar.

I like Doughty, but we've already surrendered too much offence in the Larsson trade, we can't spare any more.

Klefbom just needs to suck it up and figure out that yes, you actually have to try hard when you put on an NHL jersey, since he apparently forgot that over the summer.

If Darnell Nurse has legit taken a step forward in his development, we should be good defensively once Sekera is back.
Getting Doughty is adding offense or some would say secondary scoring.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I prefer a unsigned Doughty for much less a package than Drai and still re-sign him after the 2 cup runs.
Agreed. And unless we completely shit the bed or offer him a crap contract, I can't see why he wouldn't sign here. If he plays for us then McDavid can't walk him again :P

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Chia needs to get off his duff and do something if Leon is out for an extended period of time.
TMac said today that they'll evaluate him and Drake tomorrow for the upcoming road trip. I'm crossing my fingers that Leon will play but putting him on IR today just doesn't make sense if there's even a chance of him coming back that quickly. F***

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Chia needs to get off his duff and do something if Leon is out for an extended period of time.
TMac said today that they'll evaluate him and Drake tomorrow for the upcoming road trip. I'm crossing my fingers that Leon will play but putting him on IR today just doesn't make sense if there's even a chance of him coming back that quickly. F***
Well it does give the flexibility to call up an additional body for the road trip, so it's nothing that exciting right now.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Well it does give the flexibility to call up an additional body for the road trip, so it's nothing that exciting right now.

Exactly. Did anyone from coaching or the GM come out and say he's out for extended period of time (2-4 weeks, etc.)? No. So this is probably one of those "Gives us an extra body to call up in case" type of scenario. I wouldn't worry about the IR that much.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Exactly. Did anyone from coaching or the GM come out and say he's out for extended period of time (2-4 weeks, etc.)? No. So this is probably one of those "Gives us an extra body to call up in case" type of scenario. I wouldn't worry about the IR that much.
Yeah. You're right. Just hearing rumors in the Injury thread has made me a bit nervous.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah. You're right. Just hearing rumors in the Injury thread has made me a bit nervous.
Oh I'm there man, super concerned. Because "day to day, turns into week to week" far too quickly sometimes, I suspect we'll see some moves if he's out for longer then a month and/or if the significant struggles continue.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it would be very hard for me not to look at any and all Doughty proposals.

1. doughty is a top 5 dman in the league.
2. RHD and can play the PP
3. Doughty at 22-26 a night pushes Larsson to #2 RHD
4. Doughtys significant TOI makes the need to pay for a good 5-6 dman less because he plays half the game

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
That's pretty much the season right there. Not enough secondary scoring to cover for his absence.

RIP Leon, we will miss you seeing as you just died and the IR means "deceased"

FYI - IR is any player who will be out of the lineup for 7 or more days. Designating a player on IR allows the team to call up a replacement player to take his place without having to send another roster player to the AHL

#context

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
RIP Leon, we will miss you seeing as you just died and the IR means "deceased"

FYI - IR is any player who will be out of the lineup for 7 or more days. Designating a player on IR allows the team to call up a replacement player to take his place without having to send another roster player to the AHL

#context

Well i heard rumors that he is out until February...and no timetable for return usually means a pretty long time

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
like I said RIP leon you were great while you were here bud. hope you get to play a game with gordie howe up there. you deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad