Trade Rumours and Free Agent Talk: Crickets..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
They don't need kadri either. They have two better centers already. That's the whole issue. We don't have anyone they need but they'll sure take the young talent. Not really good trade partners. Fowler might be a better target since he plays both sides according to Duck fans and would be cheaper. Same situation though. Trouba likely gives us 2 #2 dmen, and Fowler 2 #3 dmen, but he at least has proven he can hold a top pairing on a playoff team.

I would expect Winnipeg would want something around Gardiner or Reilly+. Personally I wouldn't mind Gardiner and an A/B level prospect (Dermott or Kap), but I highly doubt Cheveldayoff trades Trouba for anything short of a ransom. He's a smart GM. Winnipeg hold all the leverage in this negotiation.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I would expect Winnipeg would want something around Gardiner or Reilly+. Personally I wouldn't mind Gardiner and an A/B level prospect (Dermott or Kap), but I highly doubt Cheveldayoff trades Trouba for anything short of a ransom. He's a smart GM. Winnipeg hold all the leverage in this negotiation.

I'm not as high on Gardiner as some but even I have to step off when particular guys who know more than I do say he's really good. Wouldn't trade Rielly for him period. And yes, he is a smart GM although too cautious imo. Would he take our 1st next year? he wouldn't take it protected, so would we take that chance?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Mainboards were a tale of two cities so to speak. Some had him top 5 and some 2nd round. Don't think I remember such a polarizing prospect

Logan Stanley... Not on this board so much, but some mock drafts had him top 10, while some others (including myself) thought he should have been well out of the 1st round.

That's why I'm kind of happy that the Leafs got Middleton in the 4th round for those people who thought we needed someone with some size on the back end. That's the perfect time to pick someone those super raw big players.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Logan Stanley... Not on this board so much, but some mock drafts had him top 10, while some others (including myself) thought he should have been well out of the 1st round.

That's why I'm kind of happy that the Leafs got Middleton in the 4th round for those people who thought we needed someone with some size on the back end. That's the perfect time to pick someone those super raw big players.

Greenway as well.

Kid is massive, can skate, and has offensive instincts.

He's my pick for a huge diamond in the rough

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

i didn't pay much attention to prospects this year. Matthews or bust was it. I remembered Benson from years ago when Don Cherry called him the next Crosby or something like that. Read up on the guys we took and of course the media fueled Matthews vs Laine (crock of ****) that they always do.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Greenway as well.

Kid is massive, can skate, and has offensive instincts.

He's my pick for a huge diamond in the rough

I don't think he was that polarizing though. Most of what I saw was like late 2nd to early 3rd, and he went in the early 3rd.

He is a diamond in the rough though. I hope we get back those 3rd round picks we lost for compensation. We can get some good prospects in the 3rd round (Valiev, Nielsen, Dzierkals, Greenway and Woll since 2014).

Pirri was also signed by NYR just for everyone's information. 1 year/1.1 mill. Pretty good price for a 3rd line scorer who could put up 40 points in a full season.

Mr Hockey*

I think Greenway needs time to develop, let him spend at 3 or 4 years in the NCAA and then move him to the AHL.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
On top of the Pirri thing.

This may be pure speculation, but with the shear wealth of wing depth (or forward depth in general) the Rangers have right now, they may be gearing up for a trade involving Nash for Shattenkirk.

Would definitely be another blockbuster.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Lou better be banging down chveldayoffs door for Jacob Trouba, he's exactly what we need, big RH top 3 D, good defensively, physical, smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad