Trade Rumours and Free Agent Talk: Crickets..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Watters: “Trouba wants out of Winnipegâ€

Former NHL executive Bill Watters was a guest on Winnipeg Lunch today and discussed the Jets ongoing negotiations with restricted free agent Jacob Trouba. Watters’ believes Trouba’s camp wants out of Winnipeg.

http://www.tsn.ca/

I'd love Trouba but Watters is out of touch.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
If Trouba wants out of Winnipeg, I would certainly want to make a deal, we have plenty of prospects and a lot of Forwards that could be moved but do we have anything that Winnipeg may want to make a deal?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Yelp.

He's got zero insider info - I. Don't know why. They even let him. On the air anymore.

Would love the Leafs to bring in Trouba though

I'm not a fan of Watters either but the way he words his Rumour, its from Trouba's Agents camp and he may have heard something from that side of the negotiations but as far as being in touch with teams in the NHL and having sources with them, it's highly unlikely.

Most teams now are very closed mouth on any negotiations and I doubt if he's heard anything about Winnipeg looking to deal him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm not a fan of Watters either but the way he words his Rumour, its from Trouba's Agents camp and he may have heard something from that side of the negotiations but as far as being in touch with teams in the NHL and having sources with them, it's highly unlikely.

Most teams now are very closed mouth on any negotiations and I doubt if he's heard anything about Winnipeg looking to deal him.

Yeah, doubt Watters gets an inside scoop over Mackenzie/Dreger/Kypreos.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Agents use this tactic all the time.

Get the word out to the public to make it seem like the fans will lose their favourite up and coming player that is so important to the team.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I mean, Robidas could have gone on LTIR but the Leafs didn't need to put him there. Doesn't make of a difference though. Lupul going on LTIR or not doesn't change the fact that it is very possible that he doesn't play this season or in the immediate future. He's damaged goods as far as I'm concerned and a lot of people see it that way.

The way I see it is that he'll probably show up at camp and play some pre-season games. He'll probably be cut in some capacity and either join the Marlies or disappear with an injury, aka Robidas Island.

Very possible he doesn't play. I didn't talk about that. I was talking about LTIR and how he got on it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Very possible he doesn't play. I didn't talk about that. I was talking about LTIR and how he got on it.

How he got on it? By being injured? I don't understand what's so hard to understand?

People confuse simple IR with LTIR all the time though, but I think the point is that Lupul is probably not very likely to play a regular shift this upcoming season.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Trouba would be ideal.

Rielly - Trouba
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Hunwick - Carrick
Polak

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I mean that's great and all but what are you giving up to get him?

Likely one of the 4 main talents, Rielly, Matthews, Nylander or Marner. Rielly and Matthews are absolutely out of the question and the other two are close to that. Pass. I would however give them JVR and other futures

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Likely one of the 4 main talents, Rielly, Matthews, Nylander or Marner. Rielly and Matthews are absolutely out of the question and the other two are close to that. Pass. I would however give them JVR and other futures
Lol no, none of those 4 are going anywhere for anyone.

JVR sure, but Winnipeg doesn't need another winger I don't think.

I would think a deal around Kadri and Trouba makes sense for both teams.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Lol no, none of those 4 are going anywhere for anyone.

JVR sure, but Winnipeg doesn't need another winger I don't think.

I would think a deal around Kadri and Trouba makes sense for both teams.

They don't need kadri either. They have two better centers already. That's the whole issue. We don't have anyone they need but they'll sure take the young talent. Not really good trade partners. Fowler might be a better target since he plays both sides according to Duck fans and would be cheaper. Same situation though. Trouba likely gives us 2 #2 dmen, and Fowler 2 #3 dmen, but he at least has proven he can hold a top pairing on a playoff team.

Mad Brills*

This team was damn lucky to get under from clarkson's deal when they did.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Crouse for Bolland. Soured this quickly?

Apparently.

I mean I'm not high on him either - might top out as a 3rd line winger at this point - but he still has some valuable tools that made him a high pick less than two years ago. Given Arizona's prospect pool depth, I like the gamble they took here.

Mad Brills*

I wouldn't do this deal if I was the leafs though.

Bolland's extra 2 years are a killer.

For 1 year, sure, but not 3.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Apparently.

I mean I'm not high on him either - might top out as a 3rd line winger at this point - but he still has some valuable tools that made him a high pick less than two years ago. Given Arizona's prospect pool depth, I like the gamble they took here.

For sure. They'll be out from under that contract before they compete. I loved Crouse his draft year. Nostalgia for Burke I suppose :cry:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Apparently.

Truly. They have oodles of cap room and they'll be clear of Bolland's contract before it could potentially become an issue.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Apparently.

Some on this board wanted Crouse over Marner. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad