Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
"I've made some calls about different players. Nobody willing to give me a player for a player not in league yet." Says Murray. #Sens

Sather, try to pawn off Eminger/Bickel!

If Boyle isn't part of the teams plans get something for him!

SupersonicMonkey*

Ryan McDonagh is one of the 10 best defenseman in the game right now.

Arguably one of the 5 best.

It's amazing how few people notice it. The "problem" is that we have 3 guys who are all all-stars on the back end, and if MDZ can ever get his crap together, you have 4 guys really.

we're pretty blessed on the blueline.

Agree.

McDonagh is a star, in my mind. He's so good, but because he isn't as flashy and doesn't put up a ton of points, he doesn't get as much recognition.

McDonagh, Staal, and Girardi are the real deal.

Del Zotto's issues are all in his head. Some nights he looks smart, others he looks like he has bricks in his head.

Stralman is also very underrated.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Derek Stepan produced the same stats as RoR last year after breaking in with 45 points (as opposed to RoR having 2 seasons with minimal tallies), plays the same position, plays the PK and is in a better contractual place - oh, and he's also captain material (if we didn't already have Cally).

Tell me again why we're trading for RoR? Or why we would need to pay the ridiculous prices people are suggesting? Chronic undervaluing of our players.

Not seeing a trade here.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Derek Stepan produced the same stats as RoR last year after breaking in with 45 points (as opposed to RoR having 2 seasons with minimal tallies), plays the same position, plays the PK and is in a better contractual place - oh, and he's also captain material (if we didn't already have Cally).

Tell me again why we're trading for RoR? Or why we would need to pay the ridiculous prices people are suggesting? Chronic undervaluing of our players.

Not seeing a trade here.
We're tired of Stepan though. O'Reilly is Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Not seeing a trade here.

I didn't call for moving Stepan. I just called for moving a winger for a centerman. Moer important to have an overabundance of depth at center and defense than anywhere else.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Alfie is going nowhere, Gonchar would be a nice bottom pair partner for Stralman, and he might help the PP, key word "might"

Do NOT want, horrible D, too expensive.
Pens improved when they jettisoned him.

Best short term solution to PP as I and others have brought up is Paul Postma. The ? is the price...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I could see them asking for Kreider for O'Reilly. Landeskog + Kreider on the wings would be tough to contain. Depending on what O'Reilly is asking for in a contract I would pull the trigger.

Richards
O'Reilly
Stepan
Boyle/Halpern

No on moving Kreider he has too much potential.
Don't forget that eye opener on Brodeur last game vs. Devils.

But if they are interested in a D, what about
Girardi + x
for
O'Reilly + y

That might be something palatable as to salary cap.

We then look at getting Postma.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think we need both.

You think we need a PMD and a DFD?

Who exactly is getting the boot out of our D rotation then? Stralman? Del Zotto?

I think we just need 1 defenseman, thanks. And that's only if there's a great deal, otherwise I think we'll end up either calling up McIlrath or going with Gilroy come the playoffs and we'll be fine due to the strength of the top 4.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

Not seeing a trade here.
Because the grass is always greener on the other side.

People see stats, watch highlights of other players and think they will play like the highlights every game (I call it the video game syndrome).
And the stats have no context, who was on the ice, when (edit: and where) did they start the shifts ...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Wasn't directed specifically at you - a number of posts mentioned moving Steps.

Yeah I know, just making sure I wasn't lumped in with those guys.

Also, on the above about d-men, the Rangers need to add another defenseman before the playoffs. They need someone who can bring some pain to the opposition. Fistric? Murray? Someone who can be a warrior on the back-end and still play 15 minutes a night.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Sather, try to pawn off Eminger/Bickel!

If Boyle isn't part of the teams plans get something for him!

How about Eminger for a 7th and............ Drumroll.............. Huge Specimen? :naughty: these boards would explode!

Irony here would be that they were both #12 overall picks. Jessiman in 2003, Eminger in 2002!

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stop overrating ROR. He's a nice young player but he is not matt duchene. These boards love to over value our own prospects/youngsters as well as others.

Stop with the extreme trades. Let the damn team
gel.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Trading for RoR should cost no more than a 1st and 3rd. That's what it would cost if he is offer sheeted and the Avs do not match.

By the way, if RoR thought he was going to be a star, he would have signed a bridge contract by now. He wants to parlay 1 good season (out of 3) into a rich payday. And one more detail, he is holding out on his team that desperately needs forwards. His teammates are being decimated by injuries and he is still holding out, if that isn't selfish, don't know what is.

Exactly. ROR had one great season and he's screwing his team over trying to cash in on it. There's talk that he's upset they didn't make him captain now too - guy sounds a little immature. No thanks. Step is a fine second line center.

Talk about trading McD for him is hilarious. I would laugh and laugh and laugh if I were Sather on the phone with Colorado and got an offer like that. Then I'd light a cigar with a hundred dollar bill and start thinking about how to fleece Montreal next.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'm not really interested in Kessel, any line he would be on would turn soft automatically. I wouldn't even give up Miller and a 1st for him. Gaborik is much more valuable than him as it is. We have a PWF, a sniper, and a supposed "playmaker" in Brad the Beaver who is MIA for now. Why add someone as soft as Kessel? If anything, i'd look into Chris Stewart, Ryan Clowe, someone of that mold who can replace what Rupp brought but actually handle himself in a fight and be a versatile secondary scorer on an already talent stacked team.

I'd agree, in that right now, for this team, I'd much rather a guy who can muck it up, defend, do everything well, in addition to putting the puck in the net.

That's not to say I wouldn't want another elite scorer here; I would. But I don't think Kessel is elite, I think he'd get lost in the wash (or in the system) here.

I'd rather a plus second line player who does the dirty work, like another Callahan, or a Dustin Brown, for this team right now.

Unless I can find a #1 center. I would give up a TON for a true #1 center. But there aren't many of those and even less are available. That's why I'm constantly fixated on if it would be possible to pry John Tavares from Long Island. He's not Crosby, he's not Stamkos, he's not Malkin, but he IS a true #1 center.

The tier/caliber player I'd be looking for is the Eric Staal/Joe Thornton/John Tavares/Ryan Getzlaf range.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Wha!?!

I am one of Kreider's biggest fans, but O'Reilly is the MUCH better player and they are the same age. O'Reilly is a future Patrice Bergeron (and he isn't far off at this point).

I would do Kreider, but not McDonagh.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Yeah I know, just making sure I wasn't lumped in with those guys.

Also, on the above about d-men, the Rangers need to add another defenseman before the playoffs. They need someone who can bring some pain to the opposition. Fistric? Murray? Someone who can be a warrior on the back-end and still play 15 minutes a night.

"A backline ice warrior to the New City was the need
To breaketh Matthew the Chefs jaw, and to make other foes bleed
The Cigar Man placed calls to all The Snow Teams Kings
And with it came Lord Stanleys Cup and his aftersought Rings"

One of either Murray or Erskine will be a Ranger before March 1st, 2013. Nostradamus hath spoken

Last edited:

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
"A backline ice warrior to the New City was the need
To breaketh Matthew the Chefs jaw, and to make other foes bleed
The Cigar Man placed calls to all The Snow Teams Kings
And with it came Lord Stanleys Cup and his aftersought Rings"

One of either Murray or Erskine will be a Ranger before March 1st, 2013. Nostradamus hath spoken

Better be Murray, Erskine is god-awful.

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
You guys are really overhyping O'Reilly. This is coming from an Avs fan.

O'Reilly is like an improved version of Artem Anisimov. Better wheels, stronger on the puck, more ice awareness.

He's by no means an improvement over Stepan. They're similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia