Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Finally, I bring this up like a month and a half ago, emphasizing it is not hate, just numbers, and we would have to trade him or more likely buy-out.

I got vilified :rant::cry: :shakehead for even bringing it up, like Richards was another St. Brad of Park.

Now finally, I am glad to see the truth being spoken. :D

It must have been the way I said it. :laugh:

Damnit Bern, that's such a dumb idea! Stop bringing up this crap! GAWD!

:sarcasm:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Brad Richards won't waive his NMC. The Rangers are better off amnestying Richards in June 2014. Nice and clean. They owe him 2/3 of whatever money is left and everyone moves on. The new CBA hurts the Rangers ability to keep him.

I don't disagree w/you RB, it PROBABLY goes down like that.
However, I don't think there is any animosity for us giving him the contract and the impetus for moving him is simply the new CBA cap implications. That, and the numbers and we can't keep him to lose a couple of others.

Ergo, I think a trade IS possible. VERY difficult, but possible.
They like him in TB,
I don't remember for sure but I think Dallas was a $$$ issue,

I will have a proposal worked out over the weekend.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This doesn't explain selling our top scorer for bit pieces. If the choice was between flipping Richards or Gaborik this offseason, the easy answer is Richards. Especially if Gaborik stays healthy all year and leads the team in goals again, which it looks like he will.

Knowing that Gaborik will most likely walk you wouldn't be more inclined to get something for him? Maybe a young d +. I have no idea what teams would offer but it would be worth perusing for sure.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

You'd be wrong about that.

There are a lot more Callahan's in the league than Gaboriks. Callahan's my favorite forward on the team, and would prefer him long-term on the roster over Gaborik, but one is clearly more valuable than the other.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

IMO, no he is not.
Maybe on Bizzarro world.
But certainly not here.

Stepan is lucky a deal around him + for Yandle hasn't been done already.

Kreider, they won't move him so fast or so cheap.

Yandle would make a fine second line center. Can't wait to see what the spine of the team looks like after we move Stepan for Yandle, buy out Richards, and move Boyle.

Bern if it was up to you we would be icing a new team every 6 weeks, because you're trade happy.

Why would Phx move Yandle for Stepan? Edit: Why would NYR move Stepan for Yandle? Because JT Miller has had a couple of nice games? Really? :dunce:

You jump to conclusions so quickly, it's difficult to take anything you say seriously.

Kreider hasn't shown us much. And he's only a year younger than Stepan.

One player has posted 45 points, and 51 points in his career. A career that hasn't even come close to blossoming. The other is struggling adjusting to the NHL game.

Yet in the fairytale world you live in, you think Kreider's the more valuable player.

Keep dreaming buddy :)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I can't see many teams opting for Callahan, personally.. Although I would ;)

It's a difficult question as I am sure certain teams would rather one or the other. Boston may like Gaborik as they can't score goals. Pittsburgh may like Callahan because of his 2-way play and the fact they already have Crosby, Malkin, Neal. Etc.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
There are a lot more Callahan's in the league than Gaboriks. Callahan's my favorite forward on the team, and would prefer him long-term on the roster over Gaborik, but one is clearly more valuable than the other.

There are? I can think of about 10. People here continue to discount not only how incredibly strong a player Callahan is away from the puck, but also how important a player like that can be.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't see that Gaborik would likely walk, he chose to sign here, he has had success here.

If we keep him through the last year of his contract we should re-sign him.

I love Nash and Gaborik. Before they came to the Rangers they were my two favorite wingers in the league. Like I have said previously, I would much sooner trade Richards than either, and as you know, based on the teams trying to sign Brad there would be some legitimate offers considering we will have paid the first 24 million of his contract in the first 2 years.

Say you trade Richards for a cheap roster player, prospect, and pick, then go sign Weiss for 4.5 million a year. You've solved our cap problem, have two good centers, and get to keep our two top goal scorers.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

There are? I can think of about 10. People here continue to discount not only how incredibly strong a player Callahan is away from the puck, but also how important a player like that can be.

There are about what, 5 Gaboriks in the league? 6? 7?

Fact is a 40+ goal scorer is a lot rarer than a 2nd line two way forward.

There isn't any hesitation on my part who I value more here. It's Callahan, for a number of reason's, but I don't think the majority of the teams in the league would rather have Callahan than Gaborik.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't see that Gaborik would likely walk, he chose to sign here, he has had success here.

If we keep him through the last year of his contract we should re-sign him.

I love Nash and Gaborik. Before they came to the Rangers they were my two favorite wingers in the league. Like I have said previously, I would much sooner trade Richards than either, and as you know, based on the teams trying to sign Brad there would be some legitimate offers considering we will have paid the first 24 million of his contract in the first 2 years.

Say you trade Richards for a cheap roster player, prospect, and pick, then go sign Weiss for 4.5 million a year. You've solved our cap problem, have two good centers, and get to keep our two top goal scorers.

It's not that I dislike Gaborik. I actually like him. I just am not sure he will be looking for a short deal on his next contract. 3 years? Okay. Anything more, I walk away.

SupersonicMonkey*

What do you call 7 goals in 12 games?

Stat surfing.

Break it down the way it really is if you want to bring numbers into it.

He scored 3 goals in one game, and 2 in another.

Since the Toronto game 1/26, he has 2 goals in 8 games and is -2. In the last 3 weeks he scored 2 goals.

What is he doing the rest of the time? He isn't a constant threat like Nash. He refuses to move his feet. He refuses to engage.

WATCH how he plays shift to shift. If i really have to explain these things it may not be worth it.

In the same time span, Callahan was injured and scored the same amount of goals. He also blocks shots, kills penalties, forechecks, won a game in a shootout...

I'll stick to what happens on the ice play to play, if you want to stick to a box score go right ahead.

SupersonicMonkey*

There are about what, 5 Gaboriks in the league? 6? 7?

Fact is a 40+ goal scorer is a lot rarer than a 2nd line two way forward.

There isn't any hesitation on my part who I value more here. It's Callahan, for a number of reason's, but I don't think the majority of the teams in the league would rather have Callahan than Gaborik.

I can guarantee more coaches would take Callahan over Gaborik.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Knowing that Gaborik will most likely walk you wouldn't be more inclined to get something for him? Maybe a young d +. I have no idea what teams would offer but it would be worth perusing for sure.

Winning the cup would be more exciting than a few prospects/picks. With Gaborik we are a contender, without we're not. It's that simple imo. That is unless we sign someone equally good. Which I don't think we will.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
they are not going into the playoffs ( if we get in:cry:) with Kredier and Miller anyways, its good they both get time in both CT and NY this yr and maybe one takes a job........regardless they offer a draft pick, likely one of their 3rds for a rental

Antropov for a 3rd and a late is good with me for example. Poni got a 4th and 7th

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Antropov would be a great addition. You can move him back to center ice, have him center our third line. Or he could play 3rd line RW.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The whole "coahces would take x over y" is such a dumb argument.

Who cares what coach would take which player? For one, coaches aren't perfect. Second, coaches play favorites. How would we know anyway?

Callahan is the "favorite" type, and for good reason, while Gaborik obviously isn't the same type of player. Both are extremely different players, but extremely valuable in their own ways.

Why are we arguing this again?

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Marian Gaborik is NOT a "better" hockey player than Ryan Callahan.

Gaborik has more skill. But it doesn't matter when Gaborik is a lazy piece of **** and is only a factor once every 5 games. Callahan is "better" at every aspect of the game in all three zones, other then shooting the puck. He's a factor on every shift in some capacity.

For anyone who stat surfs, Gaborik looks "better".

There is a reason why coaches will put a player like Callahan on the ice in every situation.

Nash is by far and away this team's "best" forward. McDonagh is this team's "best" defenseman. Lundqvist is this team's "best" player.

100 % BANG ON Mr Supersonic Monkey !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest