Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Thanks for providing nothing to the conversation.

I actually was talking about THIS season, the most important frame of reference when trading a player.

Oh, and he's played left handed 249 times since October 2nd, 2009.

last I checked,600 some games is alot more important than 25 games.. Many teams are calling about Gaborik, he's obvioiusly got alot of value. If his cap hit was even a little bit less, he'd bring back a ton.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
last I checked,600 some games is alot more important than 25 games.. Many teams are calling about Gaborik, he's obvioiusly got alot of value. If his cap hit was even a little bit less, he'd bring back a ton.

I very much disagree when you're selling a player.

Those past seasons show what he's capable of, which is scoring lots of goals. However if you scout him, the guy is playing some of the most ineffective hockey of his life. There's a reason why we are selling him, and it's not for playing excellent hockey.

Teams are calling because they know we are selling him, the value goes down.

Brad Richards has some great stats, a Conn Smythe, and a ring. Forget about his contract. Would you trade for him right now? He has great stats in former seasons...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gaborik isn't being traded this year. You can end this discussion now.

I hope this is true, but I could see Sather parting before the deadline. He is one of the Rangers few enticing pieces that we're actually willing to part with. Unless Sather can convince a team looking for a third pairing d-man to take on Bickel/Gilroy/Eminger/Hammer.

If we're trading partners with LA, I'd like to see Matt Greene in a Blueshirt if he returns healthy this season :nod:

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
I very much disagree when you're selling a player.

Those past seasons show what he's capable of, which is scoring lots of goals. However if you scout him, the guy is playing some of the most ineffective hockey of his life. There's a reason why we are selling him, and it's not for playing excellent hockey.

Teams are calling because they know we are selling him, the value goes down.

Brad Richards has some great stats, a Conn Smythe, and a ring. Forget about his contract. Would you trade for him right now? He has great stats in former seasons...

Value is dictated by the market and that alone. A perfect example of this is Scott Gomez. He was underwhelming and injured in his final year with the Rangers and had a contract that was longer and therefore harder the work around. Yet he was still drawing the interest from multiple teams and as a result Sather had the leverage to as for what he wanted. Now obviously, to some degree Gainey just ****ed that up, but still. They were far from the only team prepared to take a gamble on Gomez.

Which leads us to Gaborik. As opposed to a full season like Gomez, Gaborik has struggled for like a month-and-a-half. Unlike Gomez' lifetime contract, Gaborik only has one more year. Does Gaborik's recent struggle help his value? Not at all. But he has as established of a track record as any goal scorer in the NHL; much less any winger that is going to hit the market. All GM's are going to take recent form into consideration, but only stupid GM's would make that their basis of interest.

Heyoooo*

Tortorella is obviously lobbying for Boyle.. :rolleyes:

Maybe Fedotenko wants to come back.

Whats Cory Stillman up to?

I heard St Louis is on the block too.

Brian Boyle to Edmonton for Bulin. Hank can back him up.

Im sure he wanted Lecavalier too, but that broken foot really puts a hex on the deal.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Is B.Boyle on the block?
I have seen no reports that he is being shopped or teams are calling about him.
There are rumors that the Hawks, Kings maybe Nucks are looking for that shutdown center that can win FO, but Boyle's name was not mentioned.

Green Blob*

Am I going crazy or for the past 3 years come trade deadline it is always rumored that we are interested in Boyle? And didnt some reporter last year say the offer was Boyle for Gabby or something silly like that?

I'll trade Boyle for Boyle though!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Tortorella is obviously lobbying for Boyle.. :rolleyes:

Maybe Fedotenko wants to come back.

Whats Cory Stillman up to?

I heard St Louis is on the block too.

Boyle to Edmonton for Bulin. Hank can back him up.

Im sure he wanted Lecavalier too, but that broken foot really puts a hex on the deal.
I'd take a flyer on Modin.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Is B.Boyle on the block?
I have seen no reports that he is being shopped or teams are calling about him.
There are rumors that the Hawks, Kings maybe Nucks are looking for that shutdown center that can win FO, but Boyle's name was not mentioned.

That's because teams know he's untouchable. It would be like asking the Pens about Crosby.:naughty:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I don't want Boyle, because Gaborik for boyle makes no sense, and for hagelin or Kreider or Miller makes even less sense, so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA