Speculation: Trade Rumors & Roster Building Thread: Part XXIV "Ghouls, Goblins & Gorton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Value for the current team and overall trade value IMO are two different animals.

I really like what Miller is doing this season. Looks like he elevated his game to me. He seems to be more physical, and more confident in his role. Granted its early, but with each game he is creating scoring chances and has been noticeable. I think his role is super important this year. Physical player who can grind it out and provide some offense from the 3rd line.

Not sure how Silfverberg would fit in here? Would he be a good linemate with Hayes?

If Miller was traded for Silfverberg I wouldn't be a happy camper. Ducks win this deal.

If Miller was traded for Silfverberg and Montour that's a whole different ball game. Rangers win this deal from a position of strength.

Miller looks the same to me as he did last year, not really noticeably "better" in any way, but that's fine. He consistently took the body and played a more aggressive game last year.

The catch with Miller this season is always going to be "can he score as many goals without the really high shooting percentage he had". He's been getting some chances but needs to put them in.

Silfverberg and D help in exchange for Miller would be fine to me I think. Silfverberg is a fine player with the worst thing about him being that he's older than Miller.

e: not to say that the Ducks would go for that, just saying that would work out just fine for the Rangers

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
How on earth is trying to win during "hanks window" sensationalism from the fans lol.

What are you talking about? GM's would absolutely be trying to win during their best players window i mean we gave away 2 more 2nds last year when we did not look good at all just to take another shot.

Fan sensationalism trying to win during lundqvists prime is one of the craziest things I've read on here in a long time bud

Whatever ya gotta tell yourself. This team is 4 months removed from getting embarrassed in the playoffs, and spent a chunk of the offseason surrounded by rebuilding rumors. They're not going to win it all this year, and passing on an elite prospect just because Lundqvist is 34 is silly. You act like this team's next trade has to fix all of their blue line issues or it's stupid, and that's crazy.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Whatever ya gotta tell yourself. This team is 4 months removed from getting embarrassed in the playoffs, and spent a chunk of the offseason surrounded by rebuilding rumors. They're not going to win it all this year, and passing on an elite prospect just because Lundqvist is 34 is silly. You act like this team's next trade has to fix all of their blue line issues or it's stupid, and that's crazy.

Embarrassed by the Cup Champs....

Did they rebuild? No they made one real smart trade and brought in two highly touted rookies added a veteran pker to improve where they were hurting.

Team is much faster. Look more like the team that went to Cup Final than they did a year ago.

Where's the weakness? You tell me? Every team has warts. Ours is top righty D that's it. If it's fixed tell me why we aren't a contender? Because this is HF boards and if it were up to many here they'd be rebuilding every year.

The core is the same minus brassard. They're absolutely trying to win now.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Miller looks the same to me as he did last year, not really noticeably "better" in any way, but that's fine. He consistently took the body and played a more aggressive game last year.

The catch with Miller this season is always going to be "can he score as many goals without the really high shooting percentage he had". He's been getting some chances but needs to put them in.

Silfverberg and D help in exchange for Miller would be fine to me I think. Silfverberg is a fine player with the worst thing about him being that he's older than Miller.

e: not to say that the Ducks would go for that, just saying that would work out just fine for the Rangers

We are *3* games in

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Telling me the pens looked like Cup champs before adding Daley and a new coach last year that basically copied our style from 2014 thru 2015? Definitely not.

We are very much going to be in this fight

You not only want to add a prospect but you want to take back an older more expensive less productive winger for JT Miller Just to get this prospect and hurt the current teams chances? That's absurd

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The team shoud be looking for deals like they had this summer. Find players who can be part of this next core group of players. Vatanen. Trouba. Silfverberg. Youngr guys are okay too as they will develop over the next couple of years and help push this team forward. Montour is one example.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

The Western champs last year were coming off a playoff-less season. Also the cup champs were eliminated in 5 games in the first round the year before.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The Western Champs last year were coming off a playoff-less season.

And the Cup winners last season had gotten beat by the Rangers in 5 games in '15, and their fan base basically had the same attitude about the future as we did when we lost to them in 5 last season.

A couple of little moves can change everything. Loved our offseason, don't want to trade Zucc but if we can get a RHD in another way then who knows what we could do this season. This idea that we have no chance is crazy.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Silfverberg is kinda expensive but i really like him and would definitely do Miller for him and Montour.

Miller will be better than Silfverberg and Montour looks at best a second-pairing. Not even there yet. This isn't even a lateral trade.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Embarrassed by the Cup Champs....

Did they rebuild? No they made one real smart trade and brought in two highly touted rookies added a veteran pker to improve where they were hurting.

Team is much faster. Look more like the team that went to Cup Final than they did a year ago.

Where's the weakness? You tell me? Every team has warts. Ours is top righty D that's it. If it's fixed tell me why we aren't a contender? Because this is HF boards and if it were up to many here they'd be rebuilding every year.

The core is the same minus brassard. They're absolutely trying to win now.

Ah, right. Losing to the eventual champions always washes away all the problems. Glad to know that 3 games into the season the concerns about our LD behind McDonagh are completely absolved, our problems with scoring inconsistency are gone, and adding one good RHD is going to fix the entire right-side.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Telling me the pens looked like Cup champs before adding Daley and a new coach last year that basically copied our style from 2014 thru 2015? Definitely not.

We are very much going to be in this fight

You not only want to add a prospect but you want to take back an older more expensive less productive winger for JT Miller Just to get this prospect and hurt the current teams chances? That's absurd

When they added Daley, they already had Letang and Maatta

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
We are *3* games in

well I was responding to someone who said they thought he looked a lot better than he did last year. I'm not criticizing Miller's play, just saying he's still playing well but the things he's doing well are the same things he did well last year (which is good).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And the Cup winners last season had gotten beat by the Rangers in 5 games in '15, and their fan base basically had the same attitude about the future as we did when we lost to them in 5 last season.

A couple of little moves can change everything. Loved our offseason, don't want to trade Zucc but if we can get a RHD in another way then who knows what we could do this season. This idea that we have no chance is crazy.

Well said

HF boards is notorious for wanting to rebuild more than wanting to win.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The Western champs last year were coming off a playoff-less season. Also the cup champs were eliminated in 5 games in the first round the year before.

So you think this team is as good as last year's Sharks? Love this board. 3 months ago the team is being torn down, and now 3 games into the year we're back to being cup contenders.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So you think this team is as good as last year's Sharks? Love this board. 3 months ago the team is being torn down, and now 3 games into the year we're back to being cup contenders.

With mcdonagh back to himself and hank giving us another elite year...If we get one of the righty dmen we've been discussing then yes we are absolutely.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

Because in those 3 months we've made some good moves. Added Zibby who could break out this year and be an upgrade on Brass. Vesey and Buch have given us some very nice depth when it comes to NHL forwards. We are scratching someone every night who could play on the 4th line of many teams in the league. That's not even counting Lindberg who is hurt.

Clendening has looked decent as a new face on our defense, would like to see him get more playing time and hopefully earn more trust from the coaches. He should be on Staal's pair at this point but hopefully that comes soon.

I also think McDonagh looks spectacular so far, Staal has looked better. We had a good offseason and while we're only 3 games in there have been a lot of positives.

It's not like we just brought back the same team. 7 guys made their Rangers debut on opening night.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This team needs (2) more pieces on the back-end in order to truly compete. Adding a single puck mover will help but it by no means is the answer for everything. They need to change the dynamics as a whole.

The forwards look decent but can always be improved.

I happen to think the team thinks of this as a bit of a transition year and they kick it back into high gear next year. I think Klein, Nash and Zuccarello are all gone by that time to recoup some assets and help rebuild a new core. We will see.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Not one player away but not as far away as HF thinks.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
This team needs (2) more pieces on the back-end in order to truly compete. Adding a single puck mover will help but it by no means is the answer for everything. They need to change the dynamics as a whole.

The forwards look decent but can always be improved.

I happen to think the team thinks of this as a bit of a transition year and they kick it back into high gear next year. I think Klein, Nash and Zuccarello are all gone by that time to recoup some assets and help rebuild a new core. We will see.

I don't understand how you can get rid of Nash and Zucc to "recoup assets" and think the team will be better.

Unless you are moving them in a Brass for Zibb type deal, but honestly that was such a good trade I really don't think its easy to expect a move like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad