Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I dont want Vermette. Except if its for Parenteau/DD or something ****** like that. But I cant believe another team wouldnt match that.

HabsDieHard*

People keep saying Arizona won't want NHL'ers back.

Because they want to "tank" or what have you.

But Maloney stated today that he doesn't see his team as having some need for a ten year rebuild.

Seeing as Arizona isn't really a primetime UFA destination, one can't just think they'll jettison any veterans with value in exchange for picks and prospects.

So I wouldn't be so quick to assume they'll only be interested in picks/prospects in any deals for pending UFA's or higher priced guys.

Far from it in fact.

I really doubt if the Arizona Coyotes had an offer for Vermette they liked that included Desharnais they'd avoid doing it out of a fear of missing out on McDavid...they are trading away the superior player in the deal?

HabsDieHard*

I dont want Vermette. Except if its for Parenteau/DD or something ****** like that. But I cant believe another team wouldnt match that.

Vermette is a reliable 2 way guy who has decent size.

He has 48 games in the 178 games he's played since the start of the 2012/2013 season. That's a 22 goal pace.

That's also every single game that has been played in that time frame.

I'm not sure how solid the Coyotes are but could a deal involving Desharnais and Fucale and a 2nd pick or another prospect for Vermette and a mid round pick make sense?

A team that has to be concerned about their internal budget could actually see decent value in Desharnais next season and the season after, and if they are not a playoff team in 2016/2017 as a pending UFA he would have decent value for them at that point.

Desharnais, Fucale and Nygren for Vermette and a 4th

Or if they don't need a young high potential goalie:

Deshanrais, Montreals 2015 2nd and Pateryn for Vermette and 2015 5th.

HabsDieHard*

Hanzal would be costly. Not sure he's the type of player I'd want to see them use those assets on at the moment.

Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller center trio could be pretty deadly moving forward, and lots of room to upgrade on the wings there could make it that much better.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Not advocating the trade by any means, just making an observation. If the habs trade Eller for Vermette, this could be the plan for the coming years:

This year:

Pleks
Vermette
DD

Within the next couple years:

Galchenyuk
Vermette/Plekanec
Plekanec/Vermette

The Future:

Galchenyuk
Vermette/Plekanec/Replacement
De la Rose

Good or bad, you guys decide.

HabsDieHard*

That'd probably be something like 11 million moving forward on 2 30+ centers in Vermette and Plekanec.

Not sure I see that as ideal.

Why not Desharnais ++ for Vermette?

Opens up even more cap space for the team moving forward and significantly improves their center position right now.

There's no real argument to be made that Vermette in for Eller makes the team significantly better.

Vermette is much older, a bit smaller, and not quite as fast. Yeah he gets more points but he also plays huge minutes on the power play.

And the wing will still be a weak point for the team, so whether it's Vermette or Desharnais or Plekanec in that 3rd line center role it will still be tough for them to produce much better than league average 3rd line center 5 on 5 production.

As well---I don't think Arizona trades Vermette for Eller. While I think they'd be happy to get NHL talent back, he's a bit unproven offensively and a bit on the older side to the point where tehy'd likely want prospects/picks with him. And that obviously makes no snese.

As opposed to with Desharnais, where it actually makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Less term, less money committed, more proven offensively and would get them more assets along with, than Eller would too.

Come on Bergevin make it happeN!!!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not advocating the trade by any means, just making an observation. If the habs trade Eller for Vermette, this could be the plan for the coming years:

This year:

Pleks
Vermette
DD

Within the next couple years:

Galchenyuk
Vermette/Plekanec
Plekanec/Vermette

The Future:

Galchenyuk
Vermette/Plekanec/Replacement
De la Rose

Good or bad, you guys decide.

Bad
Vermette is sign for around 40-50 games. His value are prospect and picks, not established NHLer

HabsDieHard*

Bad
Vermette is sign for around 40-50 games. His value are prospect and picks, not established NHLer

Unless it's a redundant NHL'er who could have value to another team.

Like Desharnais

Plus they could potentially trade Plekanec this Summer and sign Vermette for around what he makes, get a bit younger and a bit bigger. Plus Plekanecs' value would easily offset and outdo whatever would have to be included with Desharnais to get Vermette.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
DD isn't going anywhere. Nobody wants him and management knows this.

Vermette should be had for picks and a B prospect. Pateryn or Thomas or Dumont + 2nd.

HabsDieHard*

Vermette should be had for picks and a B prospect. Pateryn or Thomas or Dumont + 2nd.

Desharnais has averaged over 50 points per 82 games played since the 2011/2012 season.

I think they could get a 3rd rounder in this years' draft and a 4th next year for him.

Vermette would need a 1st to go with a prospect like that.

And I'd be fine with it.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
Assuming we could find a way to get rid of Emelin, I'd really love to pick up a guy like Methot, though I'm not really up-to-date on his contract negotiations with the Sens.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I was looking at our prospect pool.

It has been repeated that we want to get bigger etc.

For Loans/Low Trade Value Veterans (like Vermette, a high value being a ROR or a JVR),
I would feel the more expendables prospect are:
Andrighetto, Thomas, Lehkonen, Bozon.

The small guys I am really curious of seeing develop, hence not wanting to trade away (home run potential):

Hudon, Reway.

The big guys (unavailable IMO):

Tinordi, McCarron, Scherbak, De La Rose

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Desharnais has averaged over 50 points per 82 games played since the 2011/2012 season.

I think they could get a 3rd rounder in this years' draft and a 4th next year for him.

Vermette would need a 1st to go with a prospect like that.

And I'd be fine with it.

It just seems so much more logical to keep the first and trade DD in the summer for that return no?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Exactly the way I see it. Vermette is a pretty good player though, some posters are selling him short, but, it could be a way to shed DD/PAP without creating too much drama with the medias (a quebecer for another one, no prob !)

I'd prefer Hanzal, Boedkker or Yandle though...

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Not sure what gap Vermette would fill. Eller's contract is fabulous for what he brings.

Our most pressing need is a top 6 winger. Unfortunately, nobody will part with the kind of talent that would make an immediate impact. MB won't be able to pull a Vanek every year.

For that reason, I see a low risk, high reward trade happening. For example, a Yakupov who could explode in a new environment. However, Edmonton might not be ready to part with him or asking too much because of his draft position.

Our D looked like garbage at the beginning of the season but really stabilized as of late. Beaulieu is looking better every game and Emelin always surprises during the playoffs. Maybe another youngster (Tinordi?) will graduate before the season is over. Not the most pressing need imo.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
People keep saying Arizona won't want NHL'ers back.

Because they want to "tank" or what have you.

But Maloney stated today that he doesn't see his team as having some need for a ten year rebuild.

Seeing as Arizona isn't really a primetime UFA destination, one can't just think they'll jettison any veterans with value in exchange for picks and prospects.

So I wouldn't be so quick to assume they'll only be interested in picks/prospects in any deals for pending UFA's or higher priced guys.

Far from it in fact.

I really doubt if the Arizona Coyotes had an offer for Vermette they liked that included Desharnais they'd avoid doing it out of a fear of missing out on McDavid...they are trading away the superior player in the deal?

Habs being 22nd in goals scored and 26th in shots at net, obvious sign they need offense to go deep in playoffs. Vermette not much better points scored than a Plekanec, Eller or DD. One of them ice time he will be taking. Maybe a slight increase in offense, but not enough to warrant Habs digging into the farm like that. If Habs go into the farm system it will be for top-3 d-man or first line scorer

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

I wouldn't underestimate Bergrvin quite yet. If the team is looking at a high profile winger (i.e Semin) it's easy to up the proposal and then force their hand to take Desharnais as cap relief.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bergevin won't acquire Vermette. He won't risk becoming the second best looking guy in the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad