Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I don't pay attention to rumors especially anything related to the Habs. I believe that if the Habs remain in the top of the standings by trade deadline, MB will try and trade for an impact player.

A Staal would be great, however not sure MB would be willing to take on a cap hit that of Staal's. ROR would be a nice addition as well, but at what price?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Big Buff would be nice, but now that Winnipeg is in a playoff spot he won't be available at the deadline.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
I don't see us acquiring anybody that will cost an arm and a leg.

Possible Targets:

Jiri Tlusty
Antoine Vermette
Lauri Korpikoski
Chris Stewart

I hope I'm wrong, just a gut feeling. I personally think we're in a position to trade a prospect or 2 for a legitimate scoring threat to take the load off of Max.

Would love to see Sharp, Marleau or Oshie. I justr don't see it happening

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Edmonton willing to trade 1st round pick for a further advanced top end prospect. Would anyone move Galchenyuk for it and risk it not being #1 or #2?

Tempting I would say. I would probably do it.

HabsDieHard*

Edmonton willing to trade 1st round pick for a further advanced top end prospect. Would anyone move Galchenyuk for it and risk it not being #1 or #2?

Hell no. Galchenyuk is on pace for 50 points in his 3rd season and turns 21 in a couple of weeks.

And where's this rumour the Oilers would consider moving their 1st round pick anyways?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Hell no. Galchenyuk is on pace for 50 points in his 3rd season and turns 21 in a couple of weeks.

And where's this rumour the Oilers would consider moving their 1st round pick anyways?

The team tweeted it as a quote from MacTavish. And if Galchenyuk is going to be on the wing it might be worth looking at moving him with a good chance at getting a franchise centreman back.

It's a massive risk and would take stones the size of a bowling alley to do, but that's the kind of thing that can make you legendary. Dunno, just a discussion point.

Maybe he didn't mean the 1st round pick and meant 2nd and 3rd, but it sure sounds like he does.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

You'd have to have Timmins involved in that discussion.

I won't pretend to know anything about this upcoming prospect pool aside from McDavid and Eickel.

But if Timmins thinks he could draft a better player then Galchenyuk in the top 5 it is something to consider.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I would do Alex Galchenyuk and Jarrod Tinordi for Oiler's 1st round pick 2015 and 1st round pick 2016 and Leon Drasaitl

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I would do Alex Galchenyuk and Jarrod Tinordi for Oiler's 1st round pick 2015 and 1st round pick 2016 and Leon Drasaitl

Not sure they would, their 1st this year could see a generational talent, and their 1st next year could most probably be a high one yet again, plus Draisaitl is a top prospect. While Galchenyuk would help them greatly, Tinordi is not the difference maker for all of that.

Anyway, even though getting McEichel would potentially put us over the top, I'd be wary of trading Chucky...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I would not. Too much risk that Edmonton gets their **** together and draft between 5 and 10.

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Hopefully its a deal nobody expects. Trades out of left field seem more MB style anyways

Oshie for Eller + Min 2016 2nd
Jurco for Thomas + Pateryn
Jagr + Larsson for Parenteau + Tinordi + Andrighetto + 2015 2nd

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think they want to trade once the lottery has been settled.

So if they get the 1st or 2nd pick, would you trade Chucky?

I would but edm would not.

Every year the team drafting first says they are willing to trade the pick. Realistically it almost never happen. Teams say that to keep the door open but they want other teams to overpay. Kind of like that totally unrealistic draft day football movie with Kevin Costner.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
As for the Oilers I seem to recall them doing this every year, and then never making a deal anyways. They need to clean house!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad