Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we were able to trade for Reinhart I'd guess it was because Buffalo was high on someone in our system, Harper, Lajoie, Chalpik, that sort of player. Don't see how a Ryan/Reinhart deal works for either side.
A 22 year old Bobby Ryan for a 22 year old Sam Reinhart maybe ... a 7+million $ 30 y/o Ryan for a 22 y/o RFA Sam Reinhart is as likely as getting Tavares for Phaneuf

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Probably Ceci for Reinhart but i doubt we are in a position to trade a RD right now

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not sure why the Sens would have interest in Reinhardt.

He doesn't fill a need, and doesn't provide anything that Brassard and doing Turris don't already.

He's a young guy, but would just be more of the same (I.E 45-60 point 2nd line Center).

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Would Brown + 1st + Claesson for Tavares be enough value in a vaccum? Over/under? A pipedream and cap nightmare to deal with in upcoming years but fun to imagine.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Would Brown + 1st + Claesson for Tavares be enough value in a vaccum? Over/under? A pipedream and cap nightmare to deal with in upcoming years but fun to imagine.

For UFA-to-be Tavares? Maybe.

I don’t think that gets us an extended Tavares, though.

Could be worth it at the TDL if it’s looking like we have a legitimate shot at making a run.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure why the Sens would have interest in Reinhardt.

He doesn't fill a need, and doesn't provide anything that Brassard and doing Turris don't already.

He's a young guy, but would just be more of the same (I.E 45-60 point 2nd line Center).

Haven't watched the Sabres yet but he is 2nd line LW on 2 different depth charts that I looked at... I think he could push Smith down the lineup as a LW and provide insurance at C. I don't think the Sens take a run at him. I think it would take a 1st plus to get him ... not sure they'd want to go there.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Haven't watched the Sabres yet but he is 2nd line LW on 2 different depth charts that I looked at... I think he could push Smith down the lineup as a LW and provide insurance at C. I don't think the Sens take a run at him. I think it would take a 1st plus to get him ... not sure they'd want to go there.
He is 2nd line LW tonight, but up until he has been their 3rd line C.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
yeah we need a top 6 forward asap

figure it out Dorion

We probably need 2. I don't think Zach Smith really belongs in the T6. Same could be said about Dzingel. A third line of Smith/Dzingel and Pageau would be great. Also, please bring in someone who can bump Burrows off the PP.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
on insider trading they were saying Sakic is going over some offers

though keep in mind this came from Dreger so its probably just the usual 'Sakic has offers he might or might not make a deal'

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
We probably need 2. I don't think Zach Smith really belongs in the T6. Same could be said about Dzingel. A third line of Smith/Dzingel and Pageau would be great. Also, please bring in someone who can bump Burrows off the PP.
Burrows is used as the net front presence to screen, draw defenders, etc. He just scored last night

Reactions: Gesus

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Burrows is used as the net front presence to screen, draw defenders, etc. He just scored last night

It sometimes feels like he's just the only guy willing to stand in front of the net without feeling the need to step off to the side as soon as a shot is lining up. I love how he's in the goalies grill essentially as much as you're allowed to be.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Just echoing what others have said but when we do trade for a forward it needs to be a top 6 guy with speed. We have a real lack of speed up front on this team and it's becoming a major problem.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Just echoing what others have said but when we do trade for a forward it needs to be a top 6 guy with speed. We have a real lack of speed up front on this team and it's becoming a major problem.

Maybe that Hoffman guy could play in the top 6. That may help us up front. He seems like he can skate AND put the puck in the net.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad