Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Awful may have been wrong choice of words. I'll use average instead. He'll get you 35 points. Lets get our own guys signed first before we go after vets on the downside of their careers, who will get overpayed.
Haha, unfortunately Pierro Dorion has done the exact opposite since taking over. That's why we are where we are.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Awful may have been wrong choice of words. I'll use average instead. He'll get you 35 points. Lets get our own guys signed first before we go after vets on the downside of their careers, who will get overpayed.

I still think he's well above average but he's definitely the 2nd R. Nash I would look at in FA. Rick will almost definitely get overpaid and too many years (more than the average UFA already is) and we should definitely be avoiding that.

Rick Nash doesn't suck but he's old and will cost a lot of cash to sign, so its just an obvious hard pass. We gotta be more efficient in spending and get younger.

This I can get behind. I didn't intend to defend Nash as a guy we should be signing, I just like the way he plays, think he's more useful than his numbers show and I think he gets maligned by fans because of what people expect of him (and what GMs pay for him). I just wanted to stand up for him because that's not his fault and he's a good, hard-working player.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This I can get behind. I didn't intend to defend Nash as a guy we should be signing, I just like the way he plays, think he's more useful than his numbers show and I think he gets maligned by fans because of what people expect of him (and what GMs pay for him). I just wanted to stand up for him because that's not his fault and he's a good, hard-working player.

Yep. You're right. If we were a contending cap team, I'd love to have him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If we aren't paying Erik 10 mil a year, how do we manage to pay Draisaitl 8.5 and Duchene 7-8 per year? Losing the Ryan contract is wishful thinking at this point.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Rick Nash makes any team worse and any GM that thinks he's the missing piece or even a complimentary one at this point needs to get fired. Perhaps if he was known as a grinding third liner and was paid accordingly he'd be an "ok" signing, but otherwise you stay as far away from him as possible.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Vegas Knights have shown us there is competent bottom 6 skill dispersed throughout the league but the NHL is an old man's club where there's too much loyalty to over the hill players when they're clearly better options otherwise.

We gotta get Sutr a bottom 6 spot and try to move Burrows somehow and make something else happen.

Lets ****ing go.

Reactions: Daffy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If we can't sign EK, Im praying to God Almighty we get Drai somehow.

The subban rumors are music to my ears. Makes him going to Edmonton that much more realistic and us getting Drai in a 3 way.

Drai would give us number 1 C we've desperately been looking for. We give up arguably best player in the game but we acquire a top 10, future top 5 C. That as good as you're going to get.

Didn't Duchene already fill that #1 C role, when they made that trade last fall?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Chabot - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
Harpur - Jaros

Anderson
Condon

Would still be one of the worst hockey teams in the league. Just a lot more goals for and against.

thats why the call it a rebuild lmfao

plus, you are allowed to make more than one move in a summer

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Rick Nash makes any team worse and any GM that thinks he's the missing piece or even a complimentary one at this point needs to get fired. Perhaps if he was known as a grinding third liner and was paid accordingly he'd be an "ok" signing, but otherwise you stay as far away from him as possible.

In a vacuum I'd take him, but in this structure of the league I absolutely agree. He's one of the most over-valued players out there and the only way to acquire him is with assets and a contract that pays more than he's worth. Having him would be like having another Bobby Ryan...although at least when Bobby is on he's a better offensive force than Nash these days.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I really think we should package White in a deal and try and move up from 22. He just doesn't have it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With Kane getting 7x7 .. Dorion will likely soon be listening to offers on Stone and Duchene as well. If that pushes them to 8 or more and EK needing to get paid he'll be in a fix. Ceci his boy will want a raise as well. At least he'll have more options to include Bobby Ryan in a package.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, this team can't afford to keep Duchene at ~8 million, Stone at ~8 million, Karlsson at ~10 million. Just no way around that.

Then you have 7.5 tied up in Bobby

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, this team can't afford to keep Duchene at ~8 million, Stone at ~8 million, Karlsson at ~10 million. Just no way around that.

Then you have 7.5 tied up in Bobby

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad