Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
How many defensemen have the perfect partner? I feel like Karlsson can play with just about any other top 4 defensemen just like other high end defensemen.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I wish we could find a perfect partner for Karlsson. Someone his age that compliments his style.
It's a dream but,
OEL
Jacob Slavin
Ryan McDonagh
Calvin Da Haan
Oskar Klefbom.

Man, if the Sens could land one of them, then have Chabot and Ceci on the second pairing... I would compare that top 4 to Nashvilles.

While we're at it we should get Mark Stone a perfect center too.

It's also a dream but:
Connor McDavid
Austen Matthews
Mark Schiefele
Sidney Crosby

Those would all work well.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
While we're at it we should get Mark Stone a perfect center too.

It's also a dream but:
Connor McDavid
Austen Matthews
Mark Schiefele
Sidney Crosby

Those would all work well.

what about the other winger, you cant forget the other winger. Come on man get your act together

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Lets really see how our team plays until after christmas. With Karl regaining his composure and the strong early season performance of our D core, lets see if we can roll that all together with some consistent playing. Doesn't have to be the best, just good.

If a shutdown D is what we need, go for it. Personally I'm fine with the platoon defense until we snag that final forward.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Lets really see how our team plays until after christmas. With Karl regaining his composure and the strong early season performance of our D core, lets see if we can roll that all together with some consistent playing. Doesn't have to be the best, just good.

If a shutdown D is what we need, go for it. Personally I'm fine with the platoon defense until we snag that final forward.

imo the game plan is to have chabot and white in the lineup sooner rather than later, if thats the case and with didos recent play we are going to have some pieces we need to move out, either for futures or improvements in the lineup

adding white and chabot to our team gives us 14 forwards and 8 dmen with a few more pieces knocking on the door, i think the plan is that we make a move where we peddle our depth for a better piece

Reactions: MarkStone

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
imo the game plan is to have chabot and white in the lineup sooner rather than later, if thats the case and with didos recent play we are going to have some pieces we need to move out, either for futures or improvements in the lineup

adding white and chabot to our team gives us 14 forwards and 8 dmen with a few more pieces knocking on the door, i think the plan is that we make a move where we peddle our depth for a better piece

Couldn't of had said it better myself.

Reactions: MarkStone

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I still think Detroit is willing to move Athanasiou

Ottawa was rumored to be interested I believe, and we have the pieces to acquire him.

Perfect fit

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Ottawa was rumored to be interested I believe, and we have the pieces to acquire him.

Perfect fit

we do but holland is in that position where he is hoping one move bails him out considering detroits cap situation

we should take advantage of the corsi guy in arizona and offer him some corsi guys for a winger

wideman could be seen as a golden nugget for them and we might get more from them accordingly

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Still early in the season. We really need to wait until around Xmas or so, to see how the younger guys like Paul, White, Chabot, etc handle the pro grind and where they are in their development, before we start moving 'extra' pieces. A lot of young players look good early on, then hit the wall in December.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Still early in the season. We really need to wait until around Xmas or so, to see how the younger guys like Paul, White, Chabot, etc handle the pro grind and where they are in their development, before we start moving 'extra' pieces. A lot of young players look good early on, then hit the wall in December.

fair but even without chabot/white/paul we got 7 dmen on the team and harpur has shown he is nhl ready so a move should be made there at the very least even if its a dman for a pick

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
fair but even without chabot/white/paul we got 7 dmen on the team and harpur has shown he is nhl ready so a move should be made there at the very least even if its a dman for a pick

If any d man is traded, Its gotta be Wideman that gets shipped out right?

Ufa at the end of the year and someone will overpay him for too long.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

Perfect fit

Do we, though? We just gave up a King's ransom to acquire Duchene. Plus, we're going to have all sorts of issues trying to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene, Stone and Ceci this summer...I don't think we'd even be able to fit AA into the mix imo. It's not a realistic option imo.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

If we bring them after December, they can't it the December wall.

p03wv8tb.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Do we, though? We just gave up a King's ransom to acquire Duchene. Plus, we're going to have all sorts of issues trying to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene, Stone and Ceci this summer...I don't think we'd even be able to fit AA into the mix imo. It's not a realistic option imo.

Yes, we still have White, Chabot, Brown, Wideman, Boro, Harpur, Jaros, Englund, Lajoie, Chlapik, Perron, Paul ect. That's a dozen pieces, some of which we won't part with for him specifically (Chabot, Brown, White) but the point remains, we still have plenty of moveable assets, and I didn't include guys like Dzingel or Smith who are probably also available for the right piece.

Now. do we want to add salary right now with extensions needed for Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, ect, no I don't really think so, but that's another question. If we wanted to add a guy like AA, I think it would come at the expense of a guy like Smith for salary reasons (not necessarily directly to Detroit, but he'd need to get moved to open up a spot)

If we were to make a move for AA, dealing out Smith and futures (be it direct to Detroit, or involving multiple transactions), it would make for a really nice group of forwards imo. Lacks some grit in the top 6 though.

Athanasiou-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompsson-Burrows

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Perfect fit

They will not really want Wideman, Burrows, or the pieces we are (should be) willing to offer. They will want high picks and good prospects, like everyone else.

GMs will take Paul as a throw in, not a centrepiece. Chlapik, Jaros, Harpur quality prospects are not the guys I want to move.

My move list would be around Oduya, Wideman, Phaneuf on the back end and Paul, Burrows, Smith from the forward group, which is not going to return Athanasiou quality.

Stay the course with our top prospects. White, Brown, Chlapik, Formenton, Batherson, Chabot, Jaros, Harpur, Englund should all be retained; especially without a 1, 2 or 3 next Draft

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They will not really want Wideman, Burrows, or the pieces we are (should be) willing to offer. They will want high picks and good prospects, like everyone else.

GMs will take Paul as a throw in, not a centrepiece. Chlapik, Jaros, Harpur quality prospects are not the guys I want to move.

My move list would be around Oduya, Wideman, Phaneuf on the back end and Paul, Burrows, Smith from the forward group, which is not going to return Athanasiou quality.

Stay the course with our top prospects. White, Brown, Chlapik, Formenton, Batherson, Chabot, Jaros, Harpur, Englund should all be retained; especially without a 1, 2 or 3 next Draft

We have our 3rd for this coming draft. We gave up a 2019 3rd for Duchene.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Shame we could not get eberle from Edmonton he is an excellent complimentary piece. Maybe if Edmonton continues to struggle they may part ways with RNH.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Shame we could not get eberle from Edmonton he is an excellent complimentary piece. Maybe if Edmonton continues to struggle they may part ways with RNH.
I would acquire rnh. is a center making a ton of money burn i alway thought he would thrive in the east maybe move duchene to wing.

Ryan brassard stone
Duchene rnh hoffman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad