Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Also re: Kane,

Maybe his issue stems from the fact that he's never really played on a good team (Truth be told).

Atlanta wasn't great, Winnipeg is stuck in mediocrity and Buffalo is well... Buffalo.

Maybe if he was on a good team he'd actually be more interested in the hockey - I don't know, just speculation really.

But no to Nash. Might as well bring back Cheechoo.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nash is damaged goods. Do not want. Great player during his prime years though, don't get me wrong. Unless we're just planning on having him for this season? He's a UFA next year. Would rather package something solid for a longer term player on the team!

Zuccarello would be one of the best additions we can make to this team imo... My goodness would he be great to have in our top 6. He's making 4.5M and has another year on his contract. He's super speedy and crafty and already has great chemistry with Brass. Imagine having Brassard-Zuccarello as a duo on one line and Turris-Stone on the other one. Add Hoffman and Ryan to whichever of those duos and those are two very good lines.

He'll turn UFA the same year as Karlsson but if we know that we can lock him up for around 6M that would be a great target.

Zucc would be a dream acquisition for me, but I fear the price would be pretty high this season. They'd want a top prospect and a 1st round pick at the minimum. Basically every team in the league could use a guy like him, and they know it. Of course that all depends on how competitive they are this season. If they stay in the playoff picture, he's staying 100%.

I agree about Nash too. Do. Not. Want. Too expensive for too little.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also re: Kane,

Maybe his issue stems from the fact that he's never really played on a good team (Truth be told).

Atlanta wasn't great, Winnipeg is stuck in mediocrity and Buffalo is well... Buffalo.

Maybe if he was on a good team he'd actually be more interested in the hockey - I don't know, just speculation really.

Hypothetically, let's say that was true. In this pretend scenario, to me, two questions immediately come to mind:

1) Would you want to trade for a guy who couldn't make it work in 3 different cities because he "wasn't happy" and/or "wasn't interested in hockey" ?

2) Is small-town Ottawa going to be any different? Is it worth giving up legitimate assets to find out?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
kane would probably be a solid pickup.
Not at all he doesn't fit in wirth the team concept here. I believe the issue in Buffalo right now is not the talent it's the make up of that team. Too many individuals with questionable personalities and commitment issues. Any dressing room that has Kane, Eichel and Lehner is likely volatile. Ottawa is the exact opposite at the moment. Not an abundance of skill and talent but the right makeup with very few egos. Plus Buffalo isn't trading Kane for Wideman and a pick lol.

While I do think selling high on Wideman for a forward is a great idea it's not going to be for a first liner. Detroit's d is trash and they have quite a few good forwards. Maybe AA isn't the target but a Nyquist or Tatar is so they can re-sign the younger AA and aquire some assets. Perhaps a deal like Wideman plus Chlapik/Englund/Lajoie/Harpur for Nyquist?

Mike Green is off to a great start I heard Detroit fans talking about unloading him for assets. So they might sell high on him while Wideman would be an inexpensive replacement. Nyquist is also friends with Karlsson so I think the transitions could be seamless. He works hard is relentless and defensively responsible. Seems like a good Boucher fit, he also plays both wings.

That seems mutually beneficial.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I could hardly believe this when I heard it, but here it is. I heard
it just now on the T.V.
The Ottawa Senators have sent Bob Kudelski to the Florida Panthers
in exchange for Scott Levins, Evgeny Davydov, and a couple of draft picks.
Gee, trading your all star player for those guys. If I were a Senator
fan, I sure wouldn't be very happy right now. Anybody have any ideas why
they would want to antagonize their fans?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/kudelski$20trade/rec.sport.hockey/qp9eN0r0J8k/92QO7R51XoIJ
I remember that trade.....i also remember meeting a few Senator suits ,trying to hype Pat Elynuik as a great ufa signing to us...........Man those teams were bad and so very broke

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think what we have going here with our team culture and system is a pretty rare and precious thing.

Something I wouldn't risk on Evander Kane.

I think Zuccarello is the favourite player of the Rangers fanbase, so our odds of picking him up are quite slim. At least a first rounder.

That being said, it would be pretty funny to grab Brassard (who was well-liked for his spark and work ethic) and then grab Zucc.

Reactions: MarkStone

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hypothetically, let's say that was true. In this pretend scenario, to me, two questions immediately come to mind:

1) Would you want to trade for a guy who couldn't make it work in 3 different cities because he "wasn't happy" and/or "wasn't interested in hockey" ?

2) Is small-town Ottawa going to be any different? Is it worth giving up legitimate assets to find out?
Attitude is for sure an issue. But to be honest. When I watch him. There's not much to hate. He's seems committed enough to helping out in his own end. He's regularly engaged physically. He never seems to be cheating offensively to get a few extra points. But the off ice stuff does seem to be a legit issue no doubt about it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think what we have going here with our team culture and system is a pretty rare and precious thing.

Something I wouldn't risk on Evander Kane.

I think Zuccarello is the favourite player of the Rangers fanbase, so our odds of picking him up are quite slim. At least a first rounder.

That being said, it would be pretty funny to grab Brassard (who was well-liked for his spark and work ethic) and then grab Zucc.
Zucc would be such a nice add ,for me its a perfect match for what we need in our top 6

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The more I look at Detroits roster and cap situation the more Nyquist makes the most sense to trade.

They have had a good start but I just dont think its sustainable with that D core. They are also pressed against the cap right now. Its also a very good year to be bad with a very elite draft.

Nyquist has just turned 28 and is a UFA in two years, Green is a UFA at years end while starting the season on fire. I think flipping him to the Oilers for some prospects or youth would be a great opportunity to get some fantastic assets back and really helps the Oilers. While pushing for Dahlin/Svechnikov.

A deal around Wideman and Nyquist allows them to move Green and slide Wideman a servicable NHL'er into his place on the first PP while re-signing AA and extending Wideman for cheap. This would open up around 8 million in cap space for Detroit.

So what I propose would be Chlapik and Wideman for Nyquist.

Nyquist is a great addition for the sens for a few reasons first of all he fits the Boucher style. Fast, goes to the net, defensively responsible, can play both wings, PK/PP and can play on any line. He is a UFA in two years to make money room for Karlsson he also makes an identical cap hit to MaCarthur. He is also buddies with Karlsson, I think the transition could be seamless.

Reactions: Benjamin

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Zuccarello would be a great fit, but he's also a guy that every team with playoff hopes would love. I can't see that Sens ponying up what it would take to get him. The ask would for sure include one of White, Brown or Chabot. Nyquist is interesting, and if Detroit falls out of the race, he'd be a great target.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Zuccarello would be a great fit, but he's also a guy that every team with playoff hopes would love. I can't see that Sens ponying up what it would take to get him. The ask would for sure include one of White, Brown or Chabot. Nyquist is interesting, and if Detroit falls out of the race, he'd be a great target.

Duchene or Zuccarello?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Zuccarello would be nice, but if Stone has good chemistry with Brass too.
Zucc has 2 years left and is 30. I wouldnt offer too much for him.
Dzingle and Formenton would be it.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
So what I propose would be Chlapik and Wideman for Nyquist.

Nyquist is a great addition for the sens for a few reasons first of all he fits the Boucher style. Fast, goes to the net, defensively responsible, can play both wings, PK/PP and can play on any line. He is a UFA in two years to make money room for Karlsson he also makes an identical cap hit to MaCarthur. He is also buddies with Karlsson, I think the transition could be seamless.

I'd rather give up Paul thank Chlapik. Not because I think Paul is a bust (he's only 22 and has a good track record in the AHL) but because Nyquist basically would be taking his roster spot for the next two years. Then, when Nyquist leaves, hopefully Chlapik has cemented himself as a professional and is ready to step into the league.

I personally think Paul has more trade value as well because of this. It solves us not having a log jam and losing Paul for nothing/having to trade him for scraps because he's unhappy. Detroit gets an NHL ready 3rd liner with offensive upside of someone similar to what Nyquist is now (15-15). Chlapik is more boom/bust at this point but we'll need to gamble on a guy like him in 2 years developing to replace our aging core.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Nyquist makes a lot of sense, I posted about ti in the off-season when they were having trouble signing TT.

Unfortunately, Detroit is to veteran heavy to fall out of it immediately, IMO. Detroit's start will enable to them hang around the playoffs. Hell, they could win the division.

Between Zetterberg, Nielsson, TT, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Helm, Mantha Larkin, AA(if they can sign him) they have some solid scoring depth, and Sheahan, Glendening, Frk, etc. aren't world beaters but they're better than a few teams.

Howard and Mrazak have a lot fo starts and a lot of success between them as well.

Really, the only question I see on their team is defense. Green is a solid top-4 guy and DDK is a decent second pairing option. Kronwall is obviously done, but Daley and Ericsson will probably have something left in the tank. Ouellet will need to step-up big time.

Reminds me a bit of Dallas a few years ago. Deep offensively, "bend but don't break" defense and goal-tending. Who knows, we could be selling them Turris at the deadline instead of buying Nyquist.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like Nyquist is worth a lot more than that. Maybe I over value him but he's always looked like a real top line talent to me. A trade for that kind of player starts with a 1st imo. I'd do a 1st + for him as long as we have the cash.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd rather give up Paul thank Chlapik. Not because I think Paul is a bust (he's only 22 and has a good track record in the AHL) but because Nyquist basically would be taking his roster spot for the next two years. Then, when Nyquist leaves, hopefully Chlapik has cemented himself as a professional and is ready to step into the league.

I personally think Paul has more trade value as well because of this. It solves us not having a log jam and losing Paul for nothing/having to trade him for scraps because he's unhappy. Detroit gets an NHL ready 3rd liner with offensive upside of someone similar to what Nyquist is now (15-15). Chlapik is more boom/bust at this point but we'll need to gamble on a guy like him in 2 years developing to replace our aging core.

I think we would all like to make the deal with Paul in it but Chlapik has alot more value and upside at this point. If Paul was a third liner he would be playing here right now and there would be no need for this trade. Ya gotta give to get Ottawa probably even needs to add to get Nyquist with Chlapik and Wideman.

Nyquist is not a 15 and 15 player he had 48 points last season and has scored 20+ goals in two of his last four seasons. The reason he would even be available is because Detroit is rebuilding and he is approaching UFA territory as a 30 year old. The entire premise is based on them wanting to fall in the standings, aquire assets and cut salary.

I feel like Nyquist is worth a lot more than that. Maybe I over value him but he's always looked like a real top line talent to me. A trade for that kind of player starts with a 1st imo. I'd do a 1st + for him as long as we have the cash.

I think Chlapiks value is close to a first at this point. The reason Nyquist value isnt as high is he has a big cap hit (4.75) for a player that hasnt scored 20 goals in two seasons has had back to back 48 and 43 point seasons and is approaching UFA status. I do think a change of scenery and playing in the sens top 6 would rectify that.

Last edited:

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Remember that goal he scored against us where he held the puck for 30 seconds.

Yea, he'd be a good target.

And the resulting master-class gif:
ALHnWan.gif

Reactions: Alf Silfversson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad