Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I'm wondering if San Jose might be sellers at the deadline. I think their window is closed with that core. I haven't heard his name talked about much but what about Ottawa going after a guy like Joe Pavelski?
Well they don't have Marleau anymore...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lmao I'm sure you would, that's like saying "I would honestly do Turris and Pageau for McDavid"

Hell has a better chance of freezing over than us getting Subban, this is completely pointless in even discussing
People thought the theory of general relativity was pointless in discussing.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Dorion scares me. I don’t mind trading Boro or Wideman as the team has Harpur, Chabot and Jaros available; however, I definitely do not want to trade Ceci nor a top forward just to get another forward like Duchene. Trading Turris for Duchene would not improve the forwards, and it is the forwards that need improving.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
If we cannot extend Turris, we have to move him for the best deal avail. And ultimately if that happens, we need to replace him. If that is the case I wouldn't mind an attempt at a couple of deals:

To STL:
Turris

To OTT:
Fabbri
Robert Thomas
Conditional 1st RD Pick (if Fabbri plays less than 100 games in 2018/19 and 19/20)

To COL:
Ceci
1st Rd Pick
Chlapik

To OTT:
Duchene

To DET:
Dzingle
Ben Harpur

To OTT:
Anthansiou

Hoffman-Duchene-Athansiou
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Claessen-Karlsson
Oduya-Ceci
Phaneuf-Wideman
Boro

I think the salary in and out works for all teams involved... STL I'm not 100% sure of because of their LTIR situation.

Those proposals are all really terrible and they all make the team worse now and in the future.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Duchene is better than Turris. Not significantly better, but he's better.

Not to mention he is younger and is strong on his skates.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If we cannot extend Turris, we have to move him for the best deal avail. And ultimately if that happens, we need to replace him. If that is the case I wouldn't mind an attempt at a couple of deals:

To STL:
Turris

To OTT:
Fabbri
Robert Thomas
Conditional 1st RD Pick (if Fabbri plays less than 100 games in 2018/19 and 19/20)

To COL:
Ceci
1st Rd Pick
Chlapik

To OTT:
Duchene

To DET:
Dzingle
Ben Harpur

To OTT:
Anthansiou

Hoffman-Duchene-Athansiou
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Claessen-Karlsson
Oduya-Ceci
Phaneuf-Wideman
Boro

I think the salary in and out works for all teams involved... STL I'm not 100% sure of because of their LTIR situation.

Is there a reason Ceci is still on the team?

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I guess I'd do it but I wouldn't give more than a 4th Rounder. Wideman is matching him in goals this season after all.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dorion scares me. I don’t mind trading Boro or Wideman as the team has Harpur, Chabot and Jaros available; however, I definitely do not want to trade Ceci nor a top forward just to get another forward like Duchene. Trading Turris for Duchene would not improve the forwards, and it is the forwards that need improving.

They're "available" for injury replacements right now ........ I would argue that the only even close to competing for a full time spot on the Sens D is Harpur, as he's been the first one called up, when needed, since just before the playoffs.

The best thing long term, is for Chabot and Jaros to play 20-25 minutes per game in the AHL, until such time they move up on the depth chart ..... there is not need to make trades, just to rush them into the NHL. Boro and Wideman both have very Cap and team friendly contracts, and Wideman in an UFA at the end of the season ...............he is not gong to fetch anything in a trade that is going to help the Senators this season, or even in the next 3 seasons .......... his value is greater to Ottawa and a D man, than as a traded for asset.

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Those proposals are all really terrible and they all make the team worse now and in the future.
Huh? I think you would be in minority if you think:

Turris > Duchene
Anthanasiou > Dzingle

We also then add Fabbri for next year, and Robert Thomas as a prospect we were allegedly really high on.

We take a hit on D losing Ceci, but it's dealing from a position of strength to solidify our forwards.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
meh thats a lot of work for lateral movement to the forward group + weakening the D

If we get a top 6 (Duchene, AA, Neal, Kane, etc) we need to do so without losing a roster forward - we are already missing Mac.

Obviously Turris is a unique situation, but if he is dealt we need a ready now top 6 C/W coming back.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is there a reason Ceci is still on the team?
Yes, Ceci is a 23 yr old PMD who is a right shot & can handle big minutes. He is situated perfectly behind Karlsson on the right side giving GB two good PMD on the right side & as a second pairing defenceman is starting to play a good two way game. He defends against the other team's best players most nights & after a yr of GB's system can now start to explore his offensive potential. Cody Ceci is an important cog in GB's system & it makes no sense to thing any rookie is going to be better than him this yr, in a yr the Sens seem to think they can challenge for the cup. Once again people relate pts with which player is better & not the overall game or the fact how important a certain player is defensively. Luckily GB knows how important players like Ceci & Boro are to this team & his system & Chabot will have to pay his dues until it is determined he is completely NHL ready.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Yes, Ceci is a 23 yr old PMD who is a right shot & can handle big minutes. He is situated perfectly behind Karlsson on the right side giving GB two good PMD on the right side & as a second pairing defenceman is starting to play a good two way game. He defends against the other team's best players most nights & after a yr of GB's system can now start to explore his offensive potential. Cody Ceci is an important cog in GB's system & it makes no sense to thing any rookie is going to be better than him this yr, in a yr the Sens seem to think they can challenge for the cup. Once again people relate pts with which player is better & not the overall game or the fact how important a certain player is defensively. Luckily GB knows how important players like Ceci & Boro are to this team & his system & Chabot will have to pay his dues until it is determined he is completely NHL ready.
He was asking why OP had him both traded and also on the projected future lineup.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he asked the question because the post traded ceci and then had ceci on the team

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Oops ... sorry NyQuil I didn't go back to the previous page but that would be the reason why Ceci should not be traded. If Ottawa continues to play this well all yr, I don't really see a need to make a deal anytime soon especially at centre with Turris & Brassard playing so well.

IMO they need to add at forward & I would advocate for James Neal LW/RW as a deadline deal. He is a veteran forward & GB likes & plays veterans, he is big, strong & tough & he can score a lot which Ottawa could use more of in the top six. It's likely going to cost a 1st rd pick plus but this is also the yr Ottawa can afford to pay a high price to add a legitimate top 6 forward. Neal makes the team bigger, tougher & harder to play against & adds another weapon teams will have to devise game plans to stop. He changes the dynamic of the team for the better. Of course, if Wayne Simmons becomes available Ottawa should go after him first since these are the kind of players Ottawa needs to add to their lineup.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
People still think Ceci is a PMD?

I've seen more glimpses this year in the small number of games thus far than most of last season combined.

Hyperbole? Maybe. He's a little more decisive.

Claesson is still the boss in that regard. He gets burned now and then, but boy when he commits he's in there 100%. Rushing the puck out. Standing up at the line. I think he's rubbing off on Ceci a bit.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Huh? I think you would be in minority if you think:

Turris > Duchene
Anthanasiou > Dzingle

We also then add Fabbri for next year, and Robert Thomas as a prospect we were allegedly really high on.

We take a hit on D losing Ceci, but it's dealing from a position of strength to solidify our forwards.

You're losing the second best defenceman for a lateral move at best. You're giving up a good young defenceman for a lateral move at the wing. Plus you move a great young center prospect and a first rounder in a deep draft for a player with a busted knee and a prospect from a weak draft.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
A Brendan Smith/Alzner type contract would be ideal,
A Krug/Methot type contract would be acceptable (4 years max at ~5million)
A Parayko/Matheson type contract (>5 years and/or >5million) would be too much for Ceci in my opinion. If we're doing 7-8 years with Ceci, I don't want anything close or above 5million. Don't want our own Marc Staal in 3-4 years.

Makes no sense for Ceci to sign at 4.5million for 8 years so he's better off doing a 2 year bridge at around that give or take .5 million and then go for a 6 million/5 years contract when he's more established in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad