Speculation: Trade Rumors I - Everyone Signs an Offer Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I'd like to think so, especially with the Cup window that Anaheim has. I'm just not sure they'd look at it that way.
I think it fits perfectly with Anaheims Cup window, as does Fowlers cheap contract. Use that money to spend to the cap. If we go for it these next two seasons and lose him for nothing I wouldn't really care, win or lose at least we really went after it. And we'll lose someone of value in the expansion draft regardless so that's a non-factor for me as well.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Agreed. I'm in favor of the mirror of sorts, trade cam for 1st and cheap 3c (pageau, larsson) and then spend the money on LW.

But tatar and spend money on 3C i can get behind.

Trading Fowler for a 1st and a 3C is terrible just terrible. Trading him for Tatar and a pick is fine. Regardless we need to get rid of other defenseman we have.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I think it fits perfectly with Anaheims Cup window, as does Fowlers cheap contract. Use that money to spend to the cap. If we go for it these next two seasons and lose him for nothing I wouldn't really care, win or lose at least we really went after it. And we'll lose someone of value in the expansion draft regardless so that's a non-factor for me as well.

I'm not sure BM cares as much about our cup window vs his employment window of staying below the cap and making the playoffs and seeing what happens.

John

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I disagree, both ottawa and buffalos pick are better (8,12 vs 16) and both centers are <1m$. Money saved you can spend on a deeper pool of LW.

Fowler should not be traded for a pick and a 3C that is just terrible we are a win now team we need a win now piece. Their is no guarantee that any of the good UFA players will sign with us and if we trade Fowler and don't get one well then we are screwed.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
If Fowler and Despres are being shopped this means they try to prepare the roster for being competitive while modifying it for the expansion draft. Tough process if you ask me. And they likely think that they can not afford Cam. They need to protect him but will lose him due to our internal budget.

Quite interesting that Vatanen and Lindholm are rated higher than Cam.

If that's the route BM goes it will be because of cost.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Really the only deal out there that I would consider for cam right now is Tatar+ 16OA.

Even still, that's asking a ton from the rest of our defense group and raises probably as many question as it does answers.

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010
Depending on how Kruger's contract is paid out, that might be a viable option for our 3C. It would certainly help relieve some of the defensive pressure off of Kesler's shoulders.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Depending on how Kruger's contract is paid out, that might be a viable option for our 3C. It would certainly help relieve some of the defensive pressure off of Kesler's shoulders.

Was thinking he same thing. He's slightly pricey for what he is, but he'd be a great replacement for Thompson .

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

He makes more than Cogs (some think we may have to move him because of contract) and had 4 points last year (0 goals).

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010
He makes more than Cogs (some think we may have to move him because of contract) and had 4 points last year (0 goals).

his base salary for next year is 2M. He has 1.475M as a "signing bonus". Depending if that's already been paid, or if it's paid July 1st and Chicago is on the hook for it, 2M is not a bad option for a 3C. He's also a defensive forward much like Pahlsson was. Pahlsson put up similar offensive numbers (career high 26) Kruger has career high (28). Not expecting huge point totals out of him.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

Oh wow, you're right. I was thinking his deal was 6 mil over 3 years for some reason.

Nvm

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
his base salary for next year is 2M. He has 1.475M as a "signing bonus". Depending if that's already been paid, or if it's paid July 1st and Chicago is on the hook for it, 2M is not a bad option for a 3C. He's also a defensive forward much like Pahlsson was. Pahlsson put up similar offensive numbers (career high 26) Kruger has career high (28). Not expecting huge point totals out of him.

I'm petty sure his bonus is paid out on July 1st.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Trading Fowler for a 1st and a 3C is terrible just terrible. Trading him for Tatar and a pick is fine. Regardless we need to get rid of other defenseman we have.

Would you rather have Perron + 8th overall or Tatar + pick?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Is our incoming 2017 2nd enough of a sweetener for a cap floor team to take on Bieksa for a late pick or prospect?

Is it possible and worthwhile to virtually sell off Despres for nothing by attaching one of those other contracts?

mytduxfan*

I'd hate to move Fowler and, ideally, he'd only be moved for a peach of deal. However, the Tatar+16th OA deal isn't terrible.

Ritchie - Getzlaf - Perry
Tatar - Rakell - Pirri
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Garbutt - Horcoff? - Wagner

Lindholm - Manson
Despres - Vatanen
Theodore - Bieksa

Gibson - Johnson

Would be my preferred line-up.

Time for a new thread?

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Fixed it for you.

And I would pick Perron + 8th (Nylander or Keller)

Highly doubt Detroit would trade Tatar and the 16th pick for Fowler.

Why are you bringing up Perron? Murray has made it clear he wants to go after a player that is a left shooting LW, that's not Perron.

Answer my question and then I'll respond to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad