Speculation: Trade Rumors I - Everyone Signs an Offer Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Keep in mind, the Ducks don't have a fan base that will show up the games if the team is losing. That's Henry's nightmare. Bob is responsible for keeping the team competitive every year even after Getzlaf and Perry retire. Adding a great prospect with the 8th overall pick could be huge for the franchise moving forward.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Would you rather have Perron + 8th overall or Tatar + pick?

If I know for sure what will happen I can answer that but if we trade Fowler their is no guarantee we are able to sign any good UFA's even signing Perron who played with us is not guaranteed. If we trade Fowler for 8th overall and don't sign a good UFA then what will we do?

Keep in mind, the Ducks don't have a fan base that will show up the games if the team is losing. That's Henry's nightmare. Bob is responsible for keeping the team competitive every year even after Getzlaf and Perry retire. Adding a great prospect with the 8th overall pick could be huge for the franchise moving forward.

Or it could be sacrificing the present for a unknown future pick that could turn out to be a bust.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
If I know for sure what will happen I can answer that but if we trade Fowler their is no guarantee we are able to sign any good UFA's even signing Perron who played with us is not guaranteed. If we trade Fowler for 8th overall and don't sign a good UFA then what will we do?

Or it could be sacrificing the present for a unknown future pick that could turn out to be a bust.

That's what sports is all about sometimes. The Kings traded futures for the chance and look at them now, 1 playoff win since 2014 and no 1st round picks from 2014 to 2017-2018, plus they traded away their best D prospect, Martin Jones and other prospects for 2 rentals that ****ed. It goes both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad