Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: What kind of magic can Chia-pet work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Don't trade Nuge. I know this board has a priapism for young defensemen but some of you have absolutely no idea what we have in RNH.

RNH for Henrique and Severson could pan out decently well, but I don't see it that way at all. It's trading a young 1C for an older 2C and a roll of the dice young defencemen. Severson is far from a sure thing.

Henrique is a gritty #2C with leadership qualities and 2-way game and is only 25. Not exactly old. I know RNH is the better offensive talent but he along with Schultz, Hall and Eberle are a bunch of a pansy. Henrique and Severson are the type that won't be taking **** from anyone. That's the type of players you build your team around McDavid.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Henrique is a gritty #2C with leadership qualities and 2-way game and is only 25. Not exactly old. I know RNH is the better offensive talent but he along with Schultz, Hall and Eberle are a bunch of a pansy. Henrique and Severson are the type that won't be taking **** from anyone. That's the type of players you build your team around McDavid.

Oh good God, the gritty argument. What a load of crap. You keep Nuge because he's very, very good at hockey and one of the best young centres in the NHL. You want someone to push guys after the whistle, you go get him in free agency. You do NOT trade RNH for a 40 point centre and a maybe on defence.

Hall and RNH are in no way shape or form soft. Your way of looking at 'hard' players is archaic.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
You know what's a great feeling? Knowing that Peter Chiarelli is the GM.

I trust in his judgement along with Todd McLellan. It's a pretty good feeling. I'm just going to let this thing play out.

They need help on D for sure, but I don't see Nuge as the one to go. Trade wingers, not centremen. Pretty sure Ken Holland or Scottie Bowman or some other smart person said that.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Yeah, Henrique doesn't back down from anyone. See him here throwing down against well known pugilist Jonathan Toews.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Yeah, Henrique doesn't back down from anyone. See him here throwing down against well known pugilist Jonathan Toews.

Nuge has fought before and did just as bad. Getting your ass kicked in a fight as you turtled by Toews isn't a good thing, anyone could do that.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Getting your ass kicked is better than skating away like a bunch of pansy.
Tell that to McDavid who broke his hand and missed a bunch of games. You can get rough but getting into a fight to get your ass kicked is silly. Gagner did it and so did Nuge. Doesn't make you a tough guy.

Let's trade away RNH, Hall and Eberle and just run a top line of Hendricks, Gazdic and Klinkhammer. Those guys will fight with everyone, that makes them good at hockey right?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Tell that to McDavid who broke his hand and missed a bunch of games. You can get rough but getting into a fight to get your ass kicked is silly. Gagner did it and so did Nuge. Doesn't make you a tough guy.

Well you know what McDavid said? He said he would have done it again.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Is it though?
If getting your ass kicked makes you a tough guy then Jesus.

Getting your ass kicked means you can't control yourself and are kind of stupid. Not fighting and just getting rough in a scrum is enough. Watching a good player get their ass kicked doesn't motivate the team and then you have a good player our for 5 min

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Nuge has fought before and did just as bad. Getting your ass kicked in a fight as you turtled by Toews isn't a good thing, anyone could do that.

The only fight i ever remember Hopkins getting in was with Hamhuis and he certainly held his own, that was a good back and forth scrap.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The only fight i ever remember Hopkins getting in was with Hamhuis and he certainly held his own, that was a good back and forth scrap.
Then I guess I was wrong. Nuge is a better fighter than Henrique lol

McDeathbyCheerios*

Can't blame some players. They have dignity. Take always take it when a bully wants to throw down.
It's letting things get out of hand for no reason. And yes you can. If McDavid did that in the NHL and was out for a month cause he hurt himself in a fight people would be calling him an idiot.

Good players shouldn't be fighting to prove their tough, its not worth it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This board is funny. Were to soft, all the same type of player, yada yada…. suggest trading one of our better players for other good players, we can't do that, he's worth more, our team will never be better, yada yada. To funny, you guys need to realize no ones giving us anything for Anton Lander and Teddy Purcell. You might get something for Yakupov or Eb's but who or what that is I'm not sure. I don't see them having huge trade value given what wingers usually go for.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This board is funny. Were to soft, all the same type of player, yada yada…. suggest trading one of our better players for other good players, we can't do that, he's worth more, our team will never be better, yada yada. To funny, you guys need to realize no ones giving us anything for Anton Lander and Teddy Purcell. You might get something for Yakupov or Eb's but who or what that is I'm not sure. I don't see them having huge trade value given what wingers usually go for.
The issue isn't the player, its the fact that we are moving out our #1c for a 2c and a maybe. If we are moving our best player for a defender, the guy coming back needs to a proven player that's all we are saying.

In your frame of mind let's trade McDavid for Backes and Parayko cause Backes is big and strong and Parayko can play right and has potential!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I always thought "grit" was overblown. Yeah the oilers sure lucked out drafting guys with grit and look how they turned out? No way in hell do I trade RNH for Henrique. That's a downgrade.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Also you think Severson is a clear cut number 1 and Nurse will only be a #3 and shouldnt chirp or be tough in games cause it will make the other team play better.

Then you go wanting tough guys. You don't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad