Trade Rumor Thread

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Seeing as how we are about to be overwhelmed with trade rumors in the coming weeks, I would say we need an official trade rumor thread as I see on most other boards.

Anything you got? Go ahead and post it!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
We're not that busy a board. You're more than welcome to start a thread if you see/hear something good. You'll get more attention, and people that just read titles will know what's going on.

At least for the next couple weeks.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Would you guys have any interest in trading a D you draft from another team to Edmonton for Eberle

Edit . We need a RHD

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Here's something I read, but don't quite understand. Can someone clarify?
https://www.nhl.com/news/expansion-...o-one-year-contract-with-winnipeg/c-289910858

There's been a lot of smoke between Anaheim and Vegas. Enough to where I believe it's a done deal as alluded to in the article.

As to what McPhee will get in return you're probably talking pick/s. Ducks aren't going to miss a pick, given how loaded their org is, and might have thrown a prospect in there as well. If Vegas doesn't take the guys they want to keep they're still gonna be loaded.

I'm thinking McPhee will sign Hanzal in the 72 hour window and that will give him his first and second line centermen. First two lines will be subpar at the wings, but down the middle, on the blue line, and between the pipes they can look pretty good if they get that done. Then load up a bunch of picks on top of that, and this thing will be kicked off in a fine manner. :yo:

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
There's been a lot of smoke between Anaheim and Vegas. Enough to where I believe it's a done deal as alluded to in the article.

As to what McPhee will get in return you're probably talking pick/s. Ducks aren't going to miss a pick, given how loaded their org is, and might have thrown a prospect in there as well. If Vegas doesn't take the guys they want to keep they're still gonna be loaded.

I'm thinking McPhee will sign Hanzal in the 72 hour window and that will give him his first and second line centermen. First two lines will be subpar at the wings, but down the middle, on the blue line, and between the pipes they can look pretty good if they get that done. Then load up a bunch of picks on top of that, and this thing will be kicked off in a fine manner. :yo:

What is Minnesota giving Vegas to select an UFA instead of all of the other goodies they will have exposed?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I think the Jets make great trading partners for Vegas.
We'll be looking for a goalie and a LHD (top 4'ish).
The Jets are flush in great young forward prospects and can afford to move a valuable future pick as well.

Hopefully Chevy and McPhee can find the proverbial win-win scenario we all want!

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

I think Vegas might be getting their 1st team captain from Anaheim in Andrew Cogliano, decent scoring ability & super defensive forward.

After Vatanen is moved to a team like Col/NYR/Bos/Tor etc the forward they get in exchange means they have to expose a forward to Vegas, which then leaves Vermette or Cogliano as the options, the pre-arranged deal might mean they get to choose Cogliano for not picking Manson.

Since Anaheim used a buy out on Despres, they might not be able to buy out Bieska meaning Vegas might be getting both a draft pick + Cogliano for not selecting Manson.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NHL/5436

There's a chance the Vegas Golden Knights have already accumulated three first-round draft picks.
They already own the sixth overall pick, but TSN's Pierre LeBrun spoke to an NHL general manager, who believes there's a chance the Golden Knights have already made side deals to acquire more draft picks. One of the teams that has reportedly shipped their first-rounder to Vegas is the Columbus Blue Jackets. We'll find out exactly who made side deals with Golden Knights GM George McPhee prior to next week's expansion draft. The arrival of the Golden Knights has definitely made things interesting for the other 30 teams in the NHL. Jun 17 - 10:10 AM
Source: TSN.ca

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I think Vegas might be getting their 1st team captain from Anaheim in Andrew Cogliano, decent scoring ability & super defensive forward.

After Vatanen is moved to a team like Col/NYR/Bos/Tor etc the forward they get in exchange means they have to expose a forward to Vegas, which then leaves Vermette or Cogliano as the options, the pre-arranged deal might mean they get to choose Cogliano for not picking Manson.

Since Anaheim used a buy out on Despres, they might not be able to buy out Bieska meaning Vegas might be getting both a draft pick + Cogliano for not selecting Manson.

Manson's a nice fit for what Vegas wants to do. To get them to take a guy like Cogs, who is not a great fit for a McPhee team, it's gonna require a good pick.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Manson's a nice fit for what Vegas wants to do. To get them to take a guy like Cogs, who is not a great fit for a McPhee team, it's gonna require a good pick.

Anaheim could just buyout Bieska & trade Vatanen then be able to protect Manson & leave Vegas with nothing good to pick.

Cogliano could be flipped at the trade deadline for picks or prospects.
They aren't going to give Vegas Manson or Vatanen for free.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Interesting that they mention the prospect won't be Dubois or Milano. Bluejackets have some real strong options outside of those two, however, so looking forward to seeing what the deal is.

I can't believe Columbus is adding a prospect ON TOP of that first when they are exposing Ryan Murray and Wennberg!

May be a little bias on my end because Murray is one of the first top prospects I ever saw live in the WHL, but the 24th + Murray is good enough for me to pass on the likes of Josh Anderson.

I know he's been an injury plagued disappointment, but Murray has a ton of talent and has years and years to turn his career around.

I still see all around 3D potential in him if he gets over the injuries.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
You would really take a 3C over a first line goal scorer?

I would take a 25-year-old center locked in for 5 more years at $2M/yr over a 29-year-old winger one year away from UFA, yes.

I can't believe Columbus is adding a prospect ON TOP of that first when they are exposing Ryan Murray and Wennberg!

May be a little bias on my end because Murray is one of the first top prospects I ever saw live in the WHL, but the 24th + Murray is good enough for me to pass on the likes of Josh Anderson.

I know he's been an injury plagued disappointment, but Murray has a ton of talent and has years and years to turn his career around.

I still see all around 3D potential in him if he gets over the injuries.

Don't see Wennberg being exposed. I imagine their list is:

Saad, Dubinsky, Foligno, Hartnell, Atkinson, Jenner, Wennberg

I really wanted Anderson or Korpisalo, but if we can get a prospect, a first AND Ryan Murray, I'm good. :)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So the Islanders will give us the 15th overall to lay off Nelson, Strome, Bailey, or Cizikas...would you pull the trigger if you get the 15th overall + De Haan / Hickey / Mayfield?

Tough decision, but I would probably say no and take one of their forwards as there are some very solid pieces up there. Nelson and Bailey are very solid right now, and Strome still has time to break out into a top 6 forward.

De Haan is a solid player though. If he doesn't ask for too much as an RFA, I wouldnt be upset at all with him and the 1st.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
hope you guys can take Mrazek from Detroit, then trade him to Philly. that would be really swell and we would really appreciate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad