Trade Rumor Thread

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
And for the record I'm not going to be upset if they keep Dumba. He and Methot would be a disgustingly good pairing for an expac team.

This is gonna be fun!

Yes it is going to be a very fun week and hopefully it turns out great people who say Expansion teams can't win Marlins in Baseball won the WS 5 years after existing, DBags won 4 years after joining the league, obviously baseball is different but if we play it smart we could be contending in 3-4 years with the right moves so hopefully we do it right and make the smart moves regardless it's gonna be a fun week from Wednesday through Saturday, find out the team and trades and then Draft where we will likely have a ton of picks

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Re: the trade with the Bluejackets, and given that two of their top prospects are off limits, I'm thinking Vegas will receive the first round pick and Abramov.

Kolesar is also possible, however once again I am going to go back to "fit" and it is there that Abramov is what George will prefer. He's very young, slight of build, but loaded with skill. And he'd fit real nice on a Ship line when he's ready, which will be a year or two from now.

EDIT here's a nice pre-draft writeup on him from 2016: https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/...t-profile-scouting-report-rankings-highlights

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Don't know how to post tweets here, however these are some really good ones!

Last edited by a moderator:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
TVR rumored to go to Carolina
Miller rumored to go to Toronto

Wouldn't mind Smallman and a 2nd from Carolina
Carrick and a 2nd from Toronto

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I've heard a rumor that the jets want Theodore badly. This was before you guys got him. What would be the price? Jets have assets

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I've heard a rumor that the jets want Theodore badly. This was before you guys got him. What would be the price? Jets have assets

Nothing less than a big overpayment.

Kruger may still be traded to the Knights. That's a TON of bottom pairing centers.

Some guys I think will be flipped:
-Methot
-Emelin
-Perron
-Merrill
-Miller
-TVR
-maybe Neal

For what it's worth the new Knights made available to press are Fleury, Engelland, Garrison and McNabb

cut.jpg

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
This team needs another legit top 4 defenceman. A #2 is hard to acquire, they do have assets but a #3 would be helpful as well. Otherwise this team is shaping up.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
What about Lawless? Even though he's hired by the team is he considered a beat writer?

I don't think so. He's an arm of the team since his checks come from the Knights.

You're not hearing anything from Lawless that you wouldn't hear elsewhere first. He's not breaking anything, and whatever he says is said through the filter of the team. He's a team employee.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
McPhee says a defenseman is "probably" getting traded today.

Fingers crossed its Emelin. I don't want to get rid of Miller as he's young enough to almost be a "core" piece on this team as a middle pairing defender.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
similar player but younger (20-22). Preferably RD.

But I doubt they're being moved. Looks as if the defense is being built around Schmidt Theo Miller Brannstrom

Yep. And it's probably going to be a rocky ride this season too but hopefully start to pay off as they go.

Morrison

Jul 5, 2007
Why not acquire Nathan Horton's and Joffrey Lupul's cap hits and then trade away some players in exchange of even more draft picks, when they have already decided to tank?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad