Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'm all about having Miller as our 3C for now and sliding Boyle to 4th line wing with Halpern and Powe. Boyle can kill penalties, and take some key face offs if need be. He can also slide to center if injuries strike. I'd be willing to deal him IF I get a good asset back, but I'm not sure you would. It's not worth moving him for a mid round pick or a player whose someone else's problem. For that value - I'd rather keep him around. If someone wants to blatantly overpay, then lovely but I don't see that right now - the trick is that Torts needs to put him in a position to succeed. Right now he looks a bit over his head to me.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm all about having Miller as our 3C for now and sliding Boyle to 4th line wing with Halpern and Powe. Boyle can kill penalties, and take some key face offs if need be. He can also slide to center if injuries strike. I'd be willing to deal him IF I get a good asset back, but I'm not sure you would. It's not worth moving him for a mid round pick or a player whose someone else's problem. For that value - I'd rather keep him around. If someone wants to blatantly overpay, then lovely but I don't see that right now - the trick is that Torts needs to put him in a position to succeed. Right now he looks a bit over his head to me.

Solid post. I thought Boyle was very effective last night. I thought him and Pyatt used their size real well. That whole line was good, they really deserved a goal.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

even though Miller had done well and he has a bright future I rather go out and deal Boyle, Zuccarello's rights, , 3rd and suuure throw in Bickel:nod: for another C. It can be a guy that has a yr or two left on his deal if its the right cap hit.

If Asham is healthy I think Haley is a good backup for toughness, Bickel really is expendable when Staal is back, Hamrlik in and Gilroy, Eminger as spares

In the playoffs are they really going to play Bickel anyway?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers were in LA last night for Stars-Kings. The Rangers have been watching the Kings a lot recently. LA is not a team looking to sell off pieces and plan for 2013-14.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Would love to see them try to acquire a 3rd line C or winger for depth so they can roll an effective strong bottom 6. Boyle ++ for Someone like Mike Fisher or Steve Ott (probably not available) or Ryan Jones

Lines when everyone comes back

Hagelin Stepan Nash
Gaborik Richards Callahan
Kreider Miller Jones/Fisher
Pyatt Halpern Powe
Asham

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
Hamrlik Stralman
Eminger

MUCH better

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Rangers were in LA last night for Stars-Kings. The Rangers have been watching the Kings a lot recently. LA is not a team looking to sell off pieces and plan for 2013-14.

LA is a little thin on the left side on their blue line and kind of loaded on the right side.

Del Zotto for Voynov+?

What is the plus though... We don't move DZ with Staal out...

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Honestly, whose scouts are at what games is completely meaningless. Teams send scouts to other teams games all the time. That's what scouts do. There doesn't seem to be much of a correlation between what scouts are where and who's about to make a trade with who.

So it's completely normal for the Rangers to scout two west coast teams on a regular basis? Kings and Sharks. No reason to speculate or anything there.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think we can look at Slats deadline history and pretty much assume an Iginla is not coming here. Just not his style to squander top end assets on a rental. I think the most Sather has spent at the deadline was a 2nd for Antropov and if a similar type trade was available (preferably for a quality center) I could see him going that high again either with a pick or a better prospect. Don't see a guy out there though worth that price.,

One guy who may have enough left in the tank to be a cheap acquisition is Michal Handzus.

A big reason for the Antropov deal was that we had a spare 2nd round pick that year. I could see us burning one or two of our 3rds to bring in some depth, but like you said, when was the last time Slats made a huge play for a big-time rental player? He was going hard after Nash last year, but he was under contract for several more years. I could see him doing that again long before I saw him renting a guy like Iginla.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
There are 15 teams win the west. The Rangers have planted their flag in LA. They are looking at something. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News tweeted the Rangers scout at the game last night.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
There are 15 teams win the west. The Rangers have planted their flag in LA. They are looking at something. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News tweeted the Rangers scout at the game last night.

They have been in SJ a lot too. Although getting Hamrlik is pretty much the same thing as getting Murray so that may be done for now.

The only players I would like to see from LA are the ones they won't move. Voynov. Clifford. Richards. Kopitar. Brown.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I would LOVE Rich Peverley from Boston. But that probably wouldn't happen.

Regarding LA, I would be all over a Voynov-DZ swap.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I would LOVE Rich Peverley from Boston. But that probably wouldn't happen.

Regarding LA, I would be all over a Voynov-DZ swap.

Would be way too good to be true. I'm sure Boston wouldn't want to send him our way.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
They have been in SJ a lot too. Although getting Hamrlik is pretty much the same thing as getting Murray so that may be done for now.

The only players I would like to see from LA are the ones they won't move. Voynov. Clifford. Richards. Kopitar. Brown.

Really?

Stoll maybe.

I doubt its Voynov. Should've aquired him two years ago when I was advocating trading a 2nd for him.

I would like to see:

Gaborik for Brown + Voynov + Clifford

Boom. ;)

We all would ;)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Really?

Stoll maybe.

I doubt its Voynov. Should've aquired him two years ago when I was advocating trading a 2nd for him.

We all would ;)

Murray hasn't been anything special this season. Both are a bit slow footed, big, smart defensemen. I would say with the "free" addition of Hamrlik and assuming the health of the rest of the defense I don't see the need for Murray as well.

I was advocating the same thing. I was also advocating moving Gaborik for Schenn + Simmonds. Didn't happen, sucks.

I hope it isn't Stoll. Paid too much for too long.

Just a pipe-dream I know. I really like Clifford.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Murray hasn't been anything special this season. Both are a bit slow footed, big, smart defensemen. I would say with the "free" addition of Hamrlik and assuming the health of the rest of the defense I don't see the need for Murray as well.

I was advocating the same thing. I was also advocating moving Gaborik for Schenn + Simmonds. Didn't happen, sucks.

I hope it isn't Stoll. Paid too much for too long.

Just a pipe-dream I know. I really like Clifford.

Penner as a depth winger?
He really raised his game in the playoffs last year and is a big body at the very least.
He's barely playing in LA and is a UFA at the end of the year.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He really raised his game in the playoffs last year and is a big body at the very least.

I hope not. Lazy....

According to the LA Kings fans there are rumors scouts are there looking at Clifford and Stoll.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

I thought of Penner, would be a perfect slats move.

But I thought LA likes him, especially for the playoffs.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Hadn't the Rangers planted their flag in COL before that? How much overlap in opponents have those two schedules had over the last couple of weeks? This could pretty easily just be pro scouting for the offseason. It could also be a smoke-fire case. Useless speculation.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I hope not. Lazy....

According to the LA Kings fans there are rumors scouts are there looking at Clifford and Stoll.

True. Hence his often non existant regular seasons. He did show up in the playoffs though, so if the pirce was right??
As with any deal depends on the price.

I totally agree with your assessment on the other two players. I like Clifford alot. Stoll does nothing for me

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I thought of Penner, would be a perfect slats move.

But I thought LA likes him, especially for the playoffs.

I just don't see where he plays......

Hadn't the Rangers planted their flag in COL before that? How much overlap in opponents have those two schedules had over the last couple of weeks? This could pretty easily just be pro scouting for the offseason. It could also be a smoke-fire case. Useless speculation.

Yep. That was during the ROR speculation.

True. Hence his often non existant regular seasons. He did show up in the playoffs though, so if the pirce was right??
As with any deal depends on the price.

I totally agree with your assessment on the other two players. I like Clifford alot. Stoll does nothing for me

Even the LA fans think Stoll is a bit overpaid.

Although, I wonder if a Boyle for Stoll deal would be made. Maybe expand it a bit to include Clifford?

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Although, I wonder if a Boyle for Stoll deal would be made. Maybe expand it a bit to include Clifford?[/QUOTE]

I thought of Boyle too. Lombardi drafted him in LA.
Somewhat of a leteral move for both teams though.

To be honest, I think these scouting expeditions are so we are fully prepared at the deadline. Kings and NYR playing well no, so not much urgency to make a deal pre deadline.

We have another 3+ weeks to assess Miller and see what Staal's status is.
If they feel Miller can be a compentent 3rd line center and Staal will be back, then I think we stand pat.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

There is no such thing as useless speculation on HFBoards. You know this.

Besides it helps pass the time until the games.

---snip---

What does LA need the Rangers have available? A top 4D is going nowhere with a top 4D out, unless one comes back. Even without Staal hurt I don't think DZ goes unless it is too good an offer.

Boyle is probably the only possible deadline body moving, so if not him, picks. Nothing else makes too much sense unless they get a homerun offer for Gaborik.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Although, I wonder if a Boyle for Stoll deal would be made. Maybe expand it a bit to include Clifford?

I thought of Boyle too. Lombardi drafted him in LA.
Somewhat of a leteral move for both teams though.

To be honest, I think these scouting expeditions are so we are fully prepared at the deadline. Kings and NYR playing well no, so not much urgency to make a deal pre deadline.

We have another 3+ weeks to assess Miller and see what Staal's status is.
If they feel Miller can be a compentent 3rd line center and Staal will be back, then I think we stand pat.[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a Stoll for Boyle deal. Would be a Sather reclamation project. Fits the 3c role. Can play wing. Would help the PP with his bomb from the point. Makes too much sense. Maybe they send Asham back with Boyle to even out the salary for now? Maybe someone like Eminger as a depth d-man for the Kings who have Greene and Mitchell out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad