Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Anisimov will be a group II with arb rights this summer. Dubinsky has a $4.2M cap hit. Those players will make close to or surpass the $7.8M for Nash.

The Rangers also scouted Columbus-Edmonton earlier this week.

Mark Letestu would be a good get. UFA in July.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Anisimov will be a group II with arb rights this summer. Dubinsky has a $4.2M cap hit. Those players will make close or surpass the $7.8M for Nash.

The Rangers also scouted Columbus-Edmonton earlier this week.

Mark Letestu would be a good get. UFA in July.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't think the Rangers would need to do too much scouting of Dubinsky/Anisimov :laugh:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Junk years are just that, though. Money isn't much of concern for NYR, I'm thinking in terms of what portion of your cap hit you devote to an offensive winger. It occurs to me that I wasn't very clear with my post.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Junk years are just that, though. Money isn't much of concern for NYR, I'm thinking in terms of what portion of your cap hit you devote to an offensive winger. It occurs to me that I wasn't very clear with my post.

Maybe, but those salaries were the real market values of the players. They would've gotten that kind of money even if the Wild and Devils hadn't been allowed to backdive like it is now. The money is keeping pace with the inflation of the cap. Gaborik signed for $7.5m when the cap was $56.8m. Adjusted for inflation to this year's cap, and that's $8.5m. And this for a player who was worth slightly less on the open market due to his injury history.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Toews and Kane are both group IIIs after 14-15.

$6.3M cap hits.

What Getzlaf got ($8.25 cap hit) is the minimum it will take to re-sign Toews in two years.

https://twitter.com/TimSassone/status/310088520117129217

The cap will be higher than $64.3M in 15-16. The CBC HNIC deal expires after 13-14. The new TV money will be in 14-15 revenue. It will appear in the 15-16 cap. That's when both Toews and Kane will be group IIIs.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Malkin becoming a UFA is going to depend entirely on whether or not he continues to be content with sharing the role of "the guy" or if he wants to go somewhere where he would be "the guy" on his own.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Toews and Kane are both group IIIs after 14-15.

$6.3M cap hits.

https://twitter.com/TimSassone/status/310088520117129217

The cap will be higher than $64.3M in 15-16. The CBC HNIC deal expires after 13-14. The new TV money will be in 14-15 revenue. It will appear in the 15-16 cap. That's when both Toews and Kane will be group IIIs.

There any speculated rate at which the cap's going to rise? Or is it by the contracts that we can tell?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
LA is a handy place to fly in and out of. The Ranger scouts were probably looking at Dallas -- if the Stars fall out of playoff contention, they have a whole list of veterans who could be nice additions.

And re: cap and salary charges -- under the new CA, is it possible for a team to take less of the cap hit back but the entire salary? (That's my understanding) If so, I'd look at some overpriced players on floor teams where the team could keep the cap hit but move the salary. That might play right into Sather's hands and also open up some potential deals.

Kershaw

Anisimov for Boyle, 2nd.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Anisimov-Callahan
Pyatt-Richards-Gaborik
Powe-Halpern-Asham

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
LA is a handy place to fly in and out of. The Ranger scouts were probably looking at Dallas -- if the Stars fall out of playoff contention, they have a whole list of veterans who could be nice additions.

And re: cap and salary charges -- under the new CA, is it possible for a team to take less of the cap hit back but the entire salary? (That's my understanding) If so, I'd look at some overpriced players on floor teams where the team could keep the cap hit but move the salary. That might play right into Sather's hands and also open up some potential deals.
You mean like... We pay the salary but the other team pays for some of the cap?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The salary and cap hit can't fluctuate

11. Retained Salary
Transactions
In the context of Player Trades, participating Clubs will be permitted to allocate the AA and related
Salary and Bonus payment obligations between them, subject to specified parameters (“Retained
Salary Transactionâ€). Specifically, the Club trading a Player may agree to retain a percentage of the
SPC’s AA and related Salary and Bonus obligations for each of the remaining years of the Player’s
SPC, up to 50% of the SPC’s AA. In each Retained Salary Transaction, the percentage allocation
of the retained AA and retained Salary and Bonuses must be the same (i.e., the Salary and Bonus
obligations as between Clubs would be allocated on the same percentage basis as the AA being
allocated) and cannot be altered from year to year. So, for instance, if an assigning Club agrees to
retain 30% of an SPC’s AA over the balance of its term, it will also retain an obligation to reimburse
the acquiring Club 30% of the Player’s contractual compensation (Salary and Bonuses) in each of
the remaining years of the contract.

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordp...ed-cba-summary-of-terms_final-jan-12-2013.pdf

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Malkin becoming a UFA is going to depend entirely on whether or not he continues to be content with sharing the role of "the guy" or if he wants to go somewhere where he would be "the guy" on his own.

dammit.

I had this whole spiel about that very idea.

It's not a far fetched idea.

Wanting to be THE guy as opposed to being the guy behind THE guy

*Bob Richards*

I can only imagine what kind of salary Malkin would command.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
NHL revenue is doing much, much better than expected in lockout shortened season. We may end up being surprised at how far and fast the cap moves.

I won't be.

The NHL bets against itself time and again.

I can easily see the upper limit get back to 70+ million in the 2015-16 season.

The Lockout was silly

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
I say trade boyle get what you can i think a 2-3 rounder is possible. and try to get stastny bet stastny miller and Steps i think that is a solid lineup down the middle.

of course the obligatory buyout richards.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I say trade boyle get what you can i think a 2-3 rounder is possible. and try to get stastny bet stastny miller and Steps i think that is a solid lineup down the middle.

The Rangers aren't going to make any major center moves until maybe the off season. Richards will have his shot for, at least, the remainder of this season to get going.

If the Rangers are going to make any moves at this point, its going to be for a 3rd line center, or a rental LW.

It seems to me the D is probably relatively settled, unless some stud becomes available(I doubt it).

Dorado*

I second that notion .
Buyout Beaver Brad . He can stock his closet with pastel polos , fill his soft belly with PEI mussels and Wine and golf on the east end on someone else's dollar . Guy has the stamina of a 41 yr old

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Personally I think when Malkin is available as a Free Agent we will see an unbelievable offer from the KHL for him . I can't see anybody matching it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad