Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Can we restructure his contract? No.

He's way too overpaid for what he provides offensively.

3 more years at 4.2 mill = no way Dubi's coming back anytime soon.

Prospal is a UFA.. they will be looking at him AS A RENTAL.

Although he does have a NMC :)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I have a feeling both Richards is bought out and Gaborik is moved.

That's a pretty big change. That would mean that we've overhauled, what? 50% of our roster in the year after we made the ECF? Better yet, depending on what we got back from Gaborik, we'd STILL be trying to find a #1C, more scoring up front, and a PPQB. :help:

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Rather re-trade for Artie.

Also a free agent this summer I believe... could you imagine?

He's relatively cheap now and after a taste of Non Ranger land Columbus would likely re-sign with NYR for a bargain in appreciation for Slats saving him

:)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Prospal could work. Gives us someone we know can play with Gaborik. However, he's much better at LW than he is at center, IMO. Keep Miller in the middle and rotate the two?

Hags - Step - Nash
Miller - Prospal - Gaborik
Pyatt - Richards - Callahan
Haley - Halpern - Powe
Asham

Not terrible. Certainly looks a bit better on paper.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
That's a pretty big change. That would mean that we've overhauled, what? 50% of our roster in the year after we made the ECF? Better yet, depending on what we got back from Gaborik, we'd STILL be trying to find a #1C, more scoring up front, and a PPQB. :help:

I know it's a giant WTF and almost back to square one, the year before last. Only instead of Gaborik there is Nash. However they also have the assets from the Gaborik trade and some cap space. If Richards is bought out the 1C hole left in the line-up is the imnediate elephant in the room again, and there is no one to fill it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I would be. Tyutin is inferior to our top 3 and makes more money than any of them.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'd be interested in Prospal if he didn't play 19 games in the Czech league. He's old as **** and wore down badly at the end of his last season here. The rest would have done him good. No interest in seeing him play center, either.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Was gonna say. Maybe somehow salary retains and some nutty deal gets done. Oh well. But in any case it has to be for either D or bottom 6, trade deadline gets closer and closer

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I'd be interested in Prospal if he didn't play 19 games in the Czech league. He's old as **** and wore down badly at the end of his last season here. The rest would have done him good. No interest in seeing him play center, either.

I'd honestly prefer having him on the 3rd line LW spot than Zuccarello. Give him minimal ES time, and a ton of PP time.

He's still old as dirt, though. Would definitely not be my #1 option.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Anything above 7.8 million is almost unprecedented for a winger. That's AO money.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I have a feeling both Richards is bought out and Gaborik is moved.
Agreed. It's becoming quite obvious that the core of this team is Nash plus the home grown core. The cap space and assets provided by a Richards buyout and a Gaborik trade make more sense for next year and beyond - especially since we've seen that they are NOT vital to the team's success.

Core:

Nash
Steps
Hags
Cally
Miller
Kreider
Staal (assuming he can be re-signed)
McD
Girardi
Hank
Plus some combination of Fasth, Lindberg, McIlrath, Skjei, Nieves, Thomas and whichever of the longer shots develops. If Sauer or Hrivik recovers, throw them in there too, but at this point I doubt they're counting on either one.

Eminently trade-able or buyout-able:
Gabby
Richie
Boyle
MDZ (when Staal is healthy)

Everyone else is filler around the edges.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That's why this season becomes so important. Without some valuable additions a team built around Nash isn't going to win a cup. We'd need a first line center to replace Richards. We'd need a top six winger to replace Gaborik.

Washington built around Ovechkin and still hasn't done much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad