Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

I don't care for either player, so in my view of things it is getting what you can for them. Of course, this depends on where we stand at the deadline, and what kind of shot we think we have.

I wouldn't rule out Sather adding a big piece rental for prospects each of the next 2 years. This is his legacy, and this team is not building for 5 years from now.

What? They aren't building with 5 years ahead in mind? Based on what, exactly? Because they traded for Nash?

Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Kreider, Miller, Hagelin are all 24 or younger.

Fast and Lindberg are going to get an opportunity next year.

They're extremely high on Skjei, Nieves, and McIlrath.

Where is this nonsense coming from? They are NOT trading away young players for one year of Iginla. Nash was along-term acquisition.

16 To Stanley*

What? They aren't building with 5 years ahead in mind? Based on what, exactly? Because they traded for Nash?

Where is this nonsense coming from? They are NOT trading away young players for one year of Iginla. Nash was along-term acquisition.

I agree, i think the team is building for long term and short-term success. There's a reason so many of the youngsters like Miller, DZ and Kreider were off the table in that deal. Dubinsky was done developing, Anisimov is good, but i don't know that he'll be much more than what he was. Erixon and the 1st were the only real wild cards and we have a surplus of high end d-men since Staal, Girardi, DZ and McD are all relatively young.

I think this team will compete for a long time and who knows what other prospects will crack the lineup eventually like Hags.

I think Thomas and St. Croix also could be NHL'rs eventually. We have a lot of good young talent in the system AND on the current roster. But you need high end guys like Nash and Gabby to make moves on the big level as well.

This team is in a damn good position and unless they start acting like idiots, will be for a long time.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Iginla is another right winger. Can he play defense or center? That's where the Rangers need help. The Rangers traded 4 assets for Nash. Keep trading assets and they are going find themselves back where they were in 1997-2004.

• Getzlaf, Ryan
  • Ribeiro, Mike
  • Connolly, Tim
  • Morrow, Brenden
  • Antropov, Nik
  • Roy, Derek
  • Lombardi, Matthew
  • Cullen, Matt
  • Ryder, Michael
  • Penner, Dustin
  • Weiss, Stephen
  • Sullivan, Steve
  • Latendresse, Guillaume
  • Kovalev, Alexei
  • Miettinen, Antti

UFAs on left side or center that MIGHT be available
Not the widest array of possibilities

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Gaborik's scored 6 of his 7 goals this season playing LW. Let's not pretend that if we acquire another winger that Callahan will the 4th line RW.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Right side UFAs

• Semin, Alexander
  • Iginla, Jarome
  • Perry, Corey
  • Jagr, Jaromir
  • Bouchard, Pierre-Marc
  • Ryder, Michael
  • Larose, Chad
  • Ryan Jones
  • Matt Hendricks
  • Johnson, Nick

Quite a few others that will most likely not be on the market

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
  • Getzlaf, Ryan
  • Ribeiro, Mike
  • Connolly, Tim
  • Morrow, Brenden
  • Antropov, Nik
  • Roy, Derek
  • Lombardi, Matthew
  • Cullen, Matt
  • Ryder, Michael
  • Penner, Dustin
  • Weiss, Stephen
  • Sullivan, Steve
  • Latendresse, Guillaume
  • Kovalev, Alexei
  • Miettinen, Antti

Not the widest array of possibilities
Ryan Jones and Matt Hendricks? I'd take on Chimera and his 13-14 salary as well.
UFAs on left side or center that MIGHT be available

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

Here I hope you are right - but fear the contrary

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
What would Derek Roy cost? I'd be interested if we could get him for something like Boyle + 2 of our 3rds or something along those lines. We could then roll 3 effective balanced lines down the stretch into the playoffs.

Carl Hagelin / Derek Stepan / Rick Nash
Chris Kreider / Brad Richards / Marian Gaborik
JT Miller / Derek Roy / Ryan Callahan
Taylor Pyatt / Jeff Halpern / Darroll Powe

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Well he's a consistent 30 goal scorer and a proven playoff performer.

He is also a 35 year old that is a shadow of himself.
2 years ago or even last he would have been a great pick up.
This season, not so much, certainly not for the price you are mentioning.

This is what one of his ex teammates thinks of him this season.

Flames forward Jarome Iginla will undoubtedly be the subject of trade rumors this season, but should potential buyers beware?
Maybe they should, according to one of Iginla’s former teammates. Retired ex-teammate Rhett Warrener on his radio show questioned whether or not Iginla still has that flame burning as he plays for the lowly Flames. “His greatest asset was his shot but more importantly his compete level — his refuse-to-lose attitude — and now you are watching and … it’s not there,†Warrener said, according to the Calgary Sun (with a stick tap to ProHockeyTalk). “He’s not Dany Heatley-slow, but he’s not getting there.
I don’t know if he’s slowed down and his compete level has followed, but you don’t see that compete and fire in his eye now.
I think you see frustration setting in.†The frustration, of course, would be understandable. Calgary is tied for the fewest points in the league, and Iginla’s production has been somewhat nonexistent.
He has just one goal and five assists in 10 games after scoring at least 31 goals in each season since 2000-01. “As a captain, he’s not a rah-rah guy or ‘let’s talk it out’ — it’s ‘Watch men, and hop on my back and follow me,’†Warrener added. “I haven’t seen that all year.†Iginla is a Calgary legend, one of the game’s finest scorers for the last two decades.
However, the Flames may be tempted to move him before the April 3 trade deadline. The 35-year-old is obviously approaching the end of his career, and he’s also in the final year of his contract. If the Flames feel they won’t be able to re-sign him to a team-friendly deal this summer, they might think about moving him. That may also be just what Iginla needs to regain that spark and get his compete level back up to where it once was.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/02/jarome-igin...-according-to-former-teammate-rhett-warrener/

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What would Derek Roy cost? I'd be interested if we could get him for something like Boyle + 2 of our 3rds or something along those lines. We could then roll 3 effective balanced lines down the stretch into the playoffs.

Carl Hagelin / Derek Stepan / Rick Nash
Chris Kreider / Brad Richards / Marian Gaborik
JT Miller / Derek Roy / Ryan Callahan
Taylor Pyatt / Jeff Halpern / Darroll Powe

Hopefully not that much. He is a UFA at years end. Not sure Torts would like his play either but maybe.

Maybe Sather could move someone like Yogan + 3rd?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
RB, I don't necessarily agree that NYR need help with their defense, or necessarily down the middle.

We could add a third line center, we could add a #6 defenseman, but it'd have to be better than Jokinen or McCabe to make a legitimate difference.

I have no idea what Ryan Jones is doing this season. But there are not many good LW rental options.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
RB, I don't necessarily agree that NYR need help with their defense, or necessarily down the middle.

We could add a third line center, we could add a #6 defenseman, but it'd have to be better than Jokinen or McCabe to make a legitimate difference.

I have no idea what Ryan Jones is doing this season. But there are not many good LW rental options.

Jones was hurt at the beginning of the season. He would be a perfect fit in NY. Murray/Streit/Visnovsky/Regehr + Jones/Ryder/Roy

What about Smid from Edmonton?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He is out with an eye injury. Participating in contact drill as of today.

I worry about his age and his legs at this point. I would look at him but he will most likely be overly expensive because of the name.
I do not think the Rangers will or should get Iginla, but to say he wouldn't help our chances is ridiculous.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Imagine if Sather went balls out and got both Derek Roy AND Ryan Jones while only giving up picks and prospects!?! I'd love the guy forever.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Imagine if Sather went balls out and got both Derek Roy AND Ryan Jones while only giving up picks and prospects!?! I'd love the guy forever.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Roy. Playmaking winger for the 3rd line to play with Boyle.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Richards-Gaborik
Roy-Boyle-Callahan
Powe-Halpern-Miller/Asham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad