Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
As I said in the other thread, not sure Antropov would fit in with this team. He's a big body but he is SLOW. What about Brassard if he is out of favor in CLB?

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I think we should be looking for players that can fulfill very specific roles, especially on the PP.

We should be looking for someone that can play on the right point and play well there.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As I said in the other thread, not sure Antropov would fit in with this team. He's a big body but he is SLOW. What about Brassard if he is out of favor in CLB?

Brassard is paid too much for what he brings, IMO. Plus, I want someone who at least has some semblance of a two-way game.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You sign Greg Carey/Kyle Flanagan at the end of the NCAA season and put them straight together on the power play.

But in terms of something that might actually happen, I think we keep a close eye on Christian Thomas, and you see if there is any way to open enough cap to make a pitch for Iginla at the deadline.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
You sign Greg Carey/Kyle Flanagan at the end of the NCAA season and put them straight together on the power play.

But in terms of something that might actually happen, I think we keep a close eye on Christian Thomas, and you see if there is any way to open enough cap to make a pitch for Iginla at the deadline.
They could fit Iginla under cap at the deadline no problem without moving anyone out. It's putting together a package that would get it done that's an issue.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Do you really think the Rangers will make a push for Iginla? I honestly do not. I think they will look to add a couple of pieces but not at Iggy's level.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Brassard is paid too much for what he brings, IMO. Plus, I want someone who at least has some semblance of a two-way game.

ROR has more than a semblance of a two-way game, but unfortunately he thinks he is worth $5M per x 5 years. Remember now, the guy hasn't even cracked 20 goals and he put up 55 points last year on a team that lacked any offensive dynamos outside of Landy and Downie. ROR declining $3.5 per from the Avs leads me to personally believe that he has no confidence in reaching those numbers again any time soon and is looking to cash in on his breakout season that luckily happened for him during the 3rd year of his ELC. This situation can easily backfire like the Dubinsky one.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

Iginla was worth it 2 years ago or even last year. now, I want nothing to do with him, he is over the hill.

"What was Jarome's greatest asset? His shot, but more importantly, it was his compete level. His refuse-to lose, 'I will go through a wall … to put the puck in the net,'" began Iginla's former Calgary teammate, Rhett Warrener, in an unprecedented evisceration of Iginla Tuesday morning on Sportsnet 960 The Fan.
"I don't think he's Dany Heatley slow… but he's getting there," Warrener continued. "You don't see that compete, that fire in his eyes anymore.
"I think everyone around the game, they see what's going on with Jarome,"

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If there was some way to convince Calgary it was a pure rental situation (Iggy's age and NYR's cap situation would be strong indicative factors of that) then perhaps it would lesson the price.

If we were in the right situation at the deadline I would give them, probably a decent prospect, plus several 3rds for his services.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Even Weiss I don't see a strong need for. If they are going to go after a player that will cost a hefty price like that, I think it ought to be a PP triggerman.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If there was some way to convince Calgary it was a pure rental situation (Iggy's age and NYR's cap situation would be strong indicative factors of that) then perhaps it would lesson the price.

If we were in the right situation at the deadline I would give them, probably a decent prospect, plus several 3rds for his services.
I can't recall a player like Iginla ever going for a package like that.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Even Weiss I don't see a strong need for. If they are going to go after a player that will cost a hefty price like that, I think it ought to be a PP triggerman.

There is always Souray. But that could very well turn out to be a disaster like McCabe

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

He won't work here. I see him being a player who gets Rangeritus to the point he mutates it to a full on new contagious disease.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't care for either player, so in my view of things it is getting what you can for them. Of course, this depends on where we stand at the deadline, and what kind of shot we think we have.

I wouldn't rule out Sather adding a big piece rental for prospects each of the next 2 years. This is his legacy, and this team is not building for 5 years from now.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
ROR has more than a semblance of a two-way game, but unfortunately he thinks he is worth $5M per x 5 years. Remember now, the guy hasn't even cracked 20 goals and he put up 55 points last year on a team that lacked any offensive dynamos outside of Landy and Downie. ROR declining $3.5 per from the Avs leads me to personally believe that he has no confidence in reaching those numbers again any time soon and is looking to cash in on his breakout season that luckily happened for him during the 3rd year of his ELC. This situation can easily backfire like the Dubinsky one.

ROR is a tough situation. For one, it's hard to be certain that the demands being publicized are in fact the reality of the situation. There's been some discussion that he really felt snubbed by the franchise when they handed Landeskog the "C" instead of him, and perhaps he just wants to get out and move on.

Now, I don't think Radar is ever going to be a franchise center, but I think he has Bergeron-like upside. If he can get to that 70 point mark and bring elite defensive coverage, then that's an extremely solid option up front on the first line. $5M per for 5yrs would be a great contract for a guy like that. I think some team will give it to him.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
What about a Tim Connolly at the deadline...he should be cheap and he can leave after the season . Could he help our PP right now ? What would the Leafs want for him ?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I don't care for either player, so in my view of things it is getting what you can for them. Of course, this depends on where we stand at the deadline, and what kind of shot we think we have.

I wouldn't rule out Sather adding a big piece rental for prospects each of the next 2 years. This is his legacy, and this team is not building for 5 years from now.

Bingo --- ding ding ding
We have a winner
Regardless of what we think here - I am pretty certain you are on the money on this one

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Iginla is another right winger. Can he play defense or center? That's where the Rangers need help. The Rangers traded 4 assets for Nash. Keep trading assets and they are going find themselves back where they were in 1997-2004.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Iginla is another right winger. Can he play defense or center? That's where the Rangers need help. The Rangers traded 4 assets for Nash. Keep trading assets and they are going find themselves back where they were in 1997-2004.
So be it. If they get a better chance at the Cup I'll suffer for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad