Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
That may be true but the bit about having to include one or stepan or Kreider at all, let alone in addition to our captain, is why many on here are claiming Dreger has lost his mind. Not the fact that yzerman wants more.
Again, I'd like to see the full quote.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
That may be true but the bit about having to include one or stepan or Kreider at all, let alone in addition to our captain, is why many on here are claiming Dreger has lost his mind. Not the fact that yzerman wants more.

I do find it funny how Callahan is "Oh Captain, My Captain" when trying to project his value as a rental wanting entirely too much money.

...yet most of the fanbase, internally, can't wait to shove him out the door.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Yzerman is giving Slats a taste of his own medicine. "You want St. Louis for a rental Callahan straight up? Ha. Give me Stepan or Kreider and then we'll talk."

Yzerman is just doing his due diligence here, never hurts to ask. Negotiations generally start very far apart anyway. One would think fans would be familiar with those sort of thing considering we went through something similar with the Nash trade.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yzerman is giving Slats a taste of his own medicine. "You want St. Louis for a rental Callahan straight up? Ha. Give me Stepan or Kreider and then we'll talk."

Yzerman is just doing his due diligence here, never hurts to ask. Negotiations generally start very far apart anyway. One would think fans would be familiar with those sort of thing considering we went through something similar with the Nash trade.

Boom. Agreed. Called negotiating.

Lots of people don't seem to have the patience for it around here.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I do find it funny how Callahan is "Oh Captain, My Captain" when trying to project his value as a rental wanting entirely too much money.

...yet most of the fanbase, internally, can't wait to shove him out the door.

I don't think the fan base is shoving Cally out the door. Cally is shoving himself out the door with his ridiculous price.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Being a captain doesn't automatically make you this valuable. Callahan is a good player, but this isn't Bryce Salvador we're talking about.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
I don't think the fan base is shoving Cally out the door. Cally is shoving himself out the door with his ridiculous price.

So why is that considered a deal for SY? How is a pending UFA pricing himself as of he's an elite player enough to land MSL. It didn't make sense from the start.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
You don't seem to have the patience for anything...

Lacking patience for people who dont have patience is a different entity altogether.

I think I've been pretty patient as this stuff has unfolded, particularly trying to shoot down silly rumors about imminent 1 for 1 swaps.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So why is that considered a deal for SY? How is a pending UFA pricing himself as of he's an elite player enough to land MSL. It didn't make sense from the start.

I didn't say it does. I was responding to BRB saying the fan base hates Cally and wants to throw him out.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

It's not and outside of people who took Boomer's rumor as gospel no one thought it was. But it's not a difference in value of Kreider or Stepan either.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Lacking patience for people who dont have patience is a different entity altogether.

I think I've been pretty patient as this stuff has unfolded, particularly trying to shoot down silly rumors about imminent 1 for 1 swaps.

You've been shooting down a rumor that maybe 5% of posters put any stock into after hearing the rest of the story. Literally the only one mentioning that anymore is you.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol

There was always going to be an additional component, people just got carried away when the rumor first came out. All we can do as fans is wait to see what it is and if it's enough to prevent us from making the deal. Sather loves Big Movez and you feel like almost no one's safe in the long term but Stepan and Kreider aren't going to Tampa.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What did Boomer have to say today?
tumblr_lvczdqnMiA1qalg37o1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad