Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Lol Kreider or Stepan. Kind of reminds me of when CBJ leaked out to Portzline that a Nash deal wouldn't get done without Stepan, McDonagh, or Kreider. This is just speculation from Dreger or info that Tampa is leaking to him to try and raise his value in a situation where their hands are tied.
It sounds like it was pretty clearly speculation.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Every single long drawn out trade negotiation, you get crap like that and it never materializes. I feel like these guys just hear something, no matter how unrealistic and run with it to show people that they have the scoop.

Yet, we love it when it looks favorable to the Rangers.

But this rumor with Stepan and Kreider?? BOOOOO!!!!! Get your pitchforks out.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Why wouldn't TB want Stepan or Kreider? St.Louis is a signed player for next season. $5M salary.

Though Meehan said it is “still too early to tell†whether the two sides can bridge the gap on an extension for the 29-year-old defenseman before next week’s March 5 trade deadline, he remains optimistic with the two sides still talking.

Girardi is reportedly seeking a six-year deal worth $5.5 million, which is considered a pretty sound market-value deal. It is not believed the two sides are significantly far apart, though Girardi could be one of the most attractive rental players on the market and fetch an enticing return for the Blueshirts if they decide to move him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/rangers/post/_/id/1414/update-dan-girardi-rangers-still-talking

Too early to tell.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I was under the impression that the Rangers would be getting a conditional pick back.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
we should trade ****** for ******* and ****** and if that doesnt work, throw in ****** and maybe they will add ******. because ***** will never develop and so he needs to be traded.

we need ***** on this team bad and we dont need ****** at all because he kinda stinks and/or is only good at faceoffs.

***** said that ****** wants to be a ranger but unless we add ****** we wont get him. but im not sure adding ***** is a good play. hes got so much potential.

and unless he waives his ntc, we have no shot at ***** even if nyc is the ONLY place to play and party and then retire like chris drury and maybe brad richards.

if all else fails, just trade for *****. he was good 5 years ago. i think.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
6 years at 5.5 million should be done by now if the intent is to resign him. Seems like a good deal for both sides.

BarbaraAlphanse

Girardi that much better than Klein?

Klein is like that really quiet kid on class you never notice who consistently gets b's and says the occasionally smart or stupid thing that reminds you he's there.

Girardi is the kid who you never expected to amount to anything and has overachieved his way to the top of the class.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Girardi that much better than Klein?

Not as much as some here are claiming, but yes. Girardi is an all star defenseman.

Klein is a heavy penalty killer guy, but not nearly s credentialed as Girardi. He doesn't have the hits, minutes, or shot blocking record.

Klein is more comparable in ability to guys like Sauer, Stralman, Tyutin, younger Aaron Ward. Girardi is much closer to a at-his-peak Chris Phillips or Brent Seabrook

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
OR Yzerman doesn't want to trade one of the best point producers in the league for a rental. Theres that too ya know....the other side of a potential deal.

38 year old with a NMC who will only go to one team and they want our captain along with one of our promising young top 6 players? That's incredibly lopsided no matter how you look at it. MSL for Cally and a pick is not as far off as MSL for Cally and Stepan/Kreider.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Are you familiar with the term leverage?
It's true leverage isn't on the Lightning's side. But they do have some. They could wait, meaning the Rangers wouldn't get him for this playoff run.

It's not much leverage, but I think getting St. Louis for Callahan is a pipe dream.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
39 year old with a NMC who will only go to one team and they want our captain along with one of our promising young top 6 players? That's incredibly lopsided no matter how you look at it. MSL for Cally and a pick is not as far off as MSL for Cally and Stepan/Kreider.
I'd like to see Dreger's actual quote, in this case.

BarbaraAlphanse

It's true leverage isn't on the Lightning's side. But they do have some. They could wait, meaning the Rangers wouldn't get him for this playoff run.

It's not much leverage, but I think getting St. Louis for Callahan is a pipe dream.

That may be true but the bit about having to include one or stepan or Kreider at all, let alone in addition to our captain, is why many on here are claiming Dreger has lost his mind. Not the fact that yzerman wants more.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
***** said that ****** wants to be a ranger but unless we add ****** we wont get him. but im not sure adding ***** is a good play. hes got so much potential.

Well nobody was talking about adding *****, you said that ***** said that we need to add ******. Which one is it? ***** or ******? I think you're just making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad