Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Perhaps it's not Girardi the Ducks are after. Or it's a sign and trade.

Or Boomer trolled the internet.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Dreger was on TSN1260 talking about Callahan. He said he's not a $7M player in the league today. He also dropped names like Stepan or Kreider that would have to be a part of a deal for MSL in addition to Callahan.

Callahan has crap value as anything but a rental. I really hope the Rangers aren't going to spin their wheels with this stupid MSL thing until the deadline like they did previously with Nash.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Dreger was on TSN1260 talking about Callahan. He said he's not a $7M player in the league today. He also dropped names like Stepan or Kreider that would have to be a part of a deal for MSL in addition to Callahan.

Callahan has crap value as anything but a rental. I really hope the Rangers aren't going to spin their wheels with this stupid MSL thing until the deadline like they did previously with Nash.

Yeah okay...kreider or stepan...for a 38 year old? Dreger on drugs again, helping yzerman out.

BarbaraAlphanse

This is why I don't like Dreger. He speculates too often.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Perhaps it's not Girardi the Ducks are after. Or it's a sign and trade.

Or Boomer trolled the internet.

Either are entirely plausible. Though the only other player who I think would be available that might involve Vatanen would be Stralman, and I think Murray would have to REALLY like Stralman for that to happen.

Hell, who knows? Maybe Klein's stay in NY is a very short one?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
NYR won't trade one of their under-25 top 6 players for a 38 year old, no matter how good he is. Yzerman is living in a dream world if he wants that. Sather wouldn't include either of those guys for Nash, and that was before each of them took large steps to improvement. MSL shouldn't get nearly the trade return Nash did.

If St. Louis requested a trade and will only waive for NYR, it's likely he stays to the end of his contract. Maybe then he signs a 1-2 year deal here after next season, pending his form at that point.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Dreger is really starting to lose credibility.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Well, I'm glad someone is trying give Cally and his agent a hit of reality, but Stepan or Kreider + a rental Callahan for a 38 year old winger with an NMC who only wants to come here and only has one year left after this one? That's lunacy. That's more ridiculous than Callahan thinking he's a 7 million dollar player, by a lot.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
If Anaheim wants a defensive defenseman so badly, perhaps they'll give us Fowler for Girardi straight up.

Or, better yet, Fowler for McIlrath - think they'd go for it?

Yeah, I went there :p:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
NYR won't trade one of their under-25 top 6 players for a 38 year old, no matter how good he is. Yzerman is living in a dream world if he wants that. Sather would include either of those guys for Nash, and that was before each of them took large steps to improvement. MSL shouldn't get nearly the trade return Nash did.

If St. Louis requested a trade and will only waive for NYR, it's likely he stays to the end of his contract. Maybe then he signs a 1-2 year deal here after next season, pending his form at that point.

I agree those players heading out is very unrealistic. Just relaying the information.

I think if MSL ever don's Ranger Blue, it won't be until next season at the earliest.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

AGREED.

The Nash saga become a bit of an infatuation with the organization.

All options needs to be on the table through Wednesday.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Whenever you are familiar with a situation Dreger or McKenzie comment on you feel that its complete crap.

Would Slats deal Kreider and Callahan for a 38 y/o MSL? Lol.

*Bob Richards*

I agree those players heading out is very unrealistic. Just relaying the information.

I think if MSL ever don's Ranger Blue, it won't be until next season at the earliest.

I agree. Would be very (though pleasantly) surprised to see Marty as a Ranger within the week.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yeah okay...kreider or stepan...for a 38 year old? Dreger on drugs again, helping yzerman out.

Yup, speaking from Sather's side.

Meanwhile Sather was "on drugs" offering just Callahan straight up.

If important roster player like Stepan or Kreider are the request, then the MSL trade simply won't happen before the deadline. Period.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
A lot of work in the front office if Girardi doesn't sign soon.

I think Callahan gets shipped either for Stewart+pick or perhaps a last second bidder ups the offer.

I think Girardii signs, but how quickly it happens will determine what they do, or don't do, with Stralman. I think Management is confident they can come to terms with him independent of the Girardi situation, but ultimately the question is do they want, what would likely be well over 12 million dollars spent on just the right side of the defense.

With Dorsett back the door is open to deal Boyle. That isn't a priority with the names of the other guys being tossed around here, but it is a possibility.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Lol Kreider or Stepan. Kind of reminds me of when CBJ leaked out to Portzline that a Nash deal wouldn't get done without Stepan, McDonagh, or Kreider. This is just speculation from Dreger or info that Tampa is leaking to him to try and raise his value in a situation where their hands are tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad