Helene St. James Trade Quincey

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Never going to happen. In fact, I believe this article was her way of creating a diversion for Dan Cleary in the fan base so he's not the odd man out when (if) the Wings ever get healthy.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Never going to happen. In fact, I believe this article was her way of creating a diversion for Dan Cleary in the fan base so he's not the odd man out when (if) the Wings ever get healthy.

Totally.

Last edited:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I don't think KH is afraid to cut his losses. One look at the stat sheet says the trade for quincey was a complete failure. KH may be loyal to fault but he's not dumb.

NyquistIsMyGod*

A Kyle Quincey move is best for both sides. He's been miserable here. I think getting him to change his style was too much for both sides. He was at least doing some okay work offensively when he first came here. Now, he does nothing offensively except hit the goaltender in the chest.

I don't like the idea of Brian Campbell coming over as I'd rather have a prospect up next year like Adam Alqmuist. In this situation, I really doubt anything happens in all honesty.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They need to be careful about blocking prospects, so either Campbell or Gleason two likely targets have that risk attached to them.

But we can probably get Gleason out of Carolina for Quincey and a B-level prospect, we will see. Quincey has more value likely in hockey circles than he does to us, it has certainly taking a substantial hit, but there are GMs and scouts that likely still like him. Keep in mind this guy was picked over a host of what I consider better hockey players to represent Team Canada just two summer ago at the World Championships.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
They need to be careful about blocking prospects, so either Campbell or Gleason two likely targets have that risk attached to them.

But we can probably get Gleason out of Carolina for Quincey and a B-level prospect, we will see. Quincey has more value likely in hockey circles than he does to us, it has certainly taking a substantial hit, but there are GMs and scouts that likely still like him. Keep in mind this guy was picked over a host of what I consider better hockey players to represent Team Canada just two summer ago at the World Championships.

i thought so too until klesla went unclaimed through waivers.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't think KH is afraid to cut his losses. One look at the stat sheet says the trade for quincey was a complete failure. KH may be loyal to fault but he's not dumb.

Yeah, but how dumb you really are if you let Quincey walk for free?

Of course that would happen, but if there is any trade scenario on the table, just go for it, eat half of his slaary and get like a 3rd rounder.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
i thought so too until klesla went unclaimed through waivers.

Klesla has had some extremely poor scouting reports since coming off injury, not that the point of bringing his name into this discussion doesn't hold a lot of weight. Seems people are questioning whether or not he can be the same player because of injury and his loss of assertiveness.

Quincey's tenure has been a disaster, but we aren't deploying him the way he was used previously. He doesn't have an injury issue that makes you wonder or a drop off in the physical product scouts see game to game. He just looks lost, unhappy that he cannot drive offense and positional swimming in our defensive system. If they bought him as the second PP left handed option it could happen, but they would be buying a we can fix this version, but there are not the health concerns on him that there are with Klesla.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
All our "genius" GM has to do is find another GM willing to give up a draft pick for Quincey, after all didn't Yzerman find a sucker dumb enough to trade for him?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
A part of this is NHL GMs need some of the more attractive names to move on the trade market. They need a shift in ideology, guys continue to clear waivers and the market continues to be stagnant because of that. Guys like MDZ or maybe the rumblings of a big Montreal and Colorado deal might jumble the marketplace a little. Right now it seems the trade market is just dead quiet. We don't have the kind of guys that can change that picture, but maybe if there is some other movement, things will start to open up. Hopefully there is some movement here with GM meetings happening next week.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Wasn't Holland talking to Filppula up until the Weiss deal? Same with Brunner until the deadline. A 7th rounder in Detroit isn't a giveaway, but generally trading rights doesn't happen much. We knew Brad Stuart wasn't returning so he was dealt for a pick. He had value too.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
All our "genius" GM has to do is find another GM willing to give up a draft pick for Quincey, after all didn't Yzerman find a sucker dumb enough to trade for him?

To be fair...Quincey was considered a pretty decent defencemen at the time the trade happened. I don't think anyone thought he would be this bad.

I'm suggesting at the bare minimum their rights get traded for something. Instead of letting them walk for free.

Why on earth would any team trade any asset to attain the rights to kyle quincey? There are better players than him getting waived and going unclaimed. We would have to add a significant piece to even get a team interested in acquiring him and his rights.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Why on earth would any team trade any asset to attain the rights to kyle quincey? There are better players than him getting waived and going unclaimed. We would have to add a significant piece to even get a team interested in acquiring him and his rights.

Why is it so hard to look higher up in the thread? I said nothing about getting anything for Quincey's rights, I was talking about how in the past we have let others walk for free BECAUSE it was brought up. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad