Helene St. James Trade Quincey

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I could see the wings moving their first rounder to get rid of him. Holland absolutely despises picking in the first round as evidence to the first rounder he burned to bring KFQ here. It would be one of the ways Holland could get rid of it and KFQ at the same time.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
I could see the wings moving their first rounder to get rid of him. Holland absolutely despises picking in the first round as evidence to the first rounder he burned to bring KFQ here.

I could see us getting more for him than we expect. Dallas is really hurting for a D-man and I'm sure good ol' Nill would be interested in a cheap solution.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Zetterberg signed his contract at a younger age than Parise if I'm not mistaken. He's also making 1.5M less per year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lets also not pretend that since the day Zetterberg signed it that even his biggest fans haven't been worried about when he declines and what the back-end of that contract will look like.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Lets also not pretend that since the day Zetterberg signed it that even his biggest fans haven't been worried about when he declines and what the back-end of that contract will look like.

I was scared on day 1, and I am scared 5 years later. I'm just saying, it's a better contract that Parise's for sure.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Hell, why not the cross-posting trifecta:

:stars
Vern Fiddler

for

:wings
Kyle Quincey (some salary retained)
Joakim Andersson

The intention was to give something both sides needed - in Dallas' case, an out for Fiddler, an immediate, NHL ready replacement, and a veteran but still youngish D-man on an expiring contract; Detroit gets a solid, veteran 3rd/4th line center who can PK, some salary relief, and an extra contract spot in case a call-up need arises (LIKE RIGHT NOW).

The system has a decent amount of good, young center talent, so I'm not too worried about losing Andersson, and maybe Fiddler re-signs for cheap... who knows.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I could see us getting more for him than we expect. Dallas is really hurting for a D-man and I'm sure good ol' Nill would be interested in a cheap solution.

2 problems with that idea.

1. He's not cheap. His level of play isn't in the same ballpark as his cap-hit/salary.

2. Given his level of play, exactly what solution does he provide to any team? I mean, unless their problem happens be needing a d-man who can turn the puck over frequently, takes horrible penalties and is completely lost in his own end. If that's somebody's problem, then KFQ is undoubtedly the solution.

I'd think Nill of all people would know enough to stay away. Don't get me wrong, though- I'm hoping that they move him. But unless another coach or GM thinks they could rekindle the magic of Q's 38 pt season in 08/09, I don't see getting much of anything in return.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

1. He's not cheap. His level of play isn't in the same ballpark as his cap-hit/salary.

2. Given his level of play, exactly what solution does he provide to any team? I mean, unless their problem happens be needing a d-man who can turn the puck over frequently, takes horrible penalties and is completely lost in his own end. If that's somebody's problem, then KFQ is undoubtedly the solution.

I'd think Nill of all people would know enough to stay away. Don't get me wrong, though- I'm hoping that they move him. But unless another coach or GM thinks they could rekindle the magic of Q's 38 pt season in 08/09, I don't see getting much of anything in return.

and they already have one in goligoski.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Edmonton is supposed to be looking for a vet D and they have cap room. The only hangup is that they will likely want to move a contract back to stay below the contract number max. Send Q to Edmonton, take back a contract or two we can bury in the minors without cap consequences, and call it a day.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Quincey (66%) ~$2.5M + Andersson $732k
for
Fiddler $1.8M

Looks good. Anything to get KFQ off the team.

I was actually just about to post this: Something around Quincey for Fiddler.

Robidas is out 4-6 months with a broken leg, Fiddler publicly requested a trade, and then there's the Nill-Holland connection. I'm not big on Fiddler but it makes sense from Dallas' perspective.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Dallas isn't gunning for the Cup this year, and its not like GMs look at what a player has done in the past 1.5 seasons and call it a career. Quincey has done well out of the limelight in other places. No reason he can't be a serviceable defenseman in Dallas.

Also, there's little reason not to make a trade for Quincey if he can squeeze another asset out of Holland that he could use going forward: Almqvist, Andersson, Callahan, Sheahan, etc.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Dallas isn't gunning for the Cup this year, and its not like GMs look at what a player has done in the past 1.5 seasons and call it a career. Quincey has done well out of the limelight in other places. No reason he can't be a serviceable defenseman in Dallas.

Also, there's little reason not to make a trade for Quincey if he can squeeze another asset out of Holland that he could use going forward: Almqvist, Andersson, Callahan, Sheahan, etc.

If you say so, man. If Nill deludes himself into thinking that Q donning a green jersey instead of a red one will make him a better player, that works for me as it means Q is off the Wings. And getting another asset out of Detroit is probably the only reason a GM deals for KQ.

Good Lord, what a waste of a 1st followed by a 2 year deal full of ineptitude Quincey ended up being... we're now okay and even looking forward to giving up a young player just to entice someone into taking Q off our hands :rant:

I know Detroit is one of the premier franchises in the league but given the kid glove treatment the players, coaches and front office get from the media, I could argue that Q is playing out of the limelight right now. I think most Wings players are pretty insulated from criticism tbh... it's not like they're playing in Toronto or Montreal.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Whoever has those stupid vuvuzelas need to shut the **** up. Or horn, or whatever it is.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
yes but it's not so simple to just offload him

we need someone who can deliver some of the services he provides and it aint gonna be prospects in GR who will struggle just to figure out what the hell is going on around them in NHL

trading mid season is very unlikely. I sure as hell wouldnt make a trade that is lateral at best if I were a GM of other teams.

It's up to Smith and Quincey pari to deliver this season more or less IMO.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This could go in the "why Quincey sucks" thread but I'll post it here.

I hate his shot. Every chance that lame shot is directly into the chest or pads of the goaltender. He has been given MANY ridiculous opportunities this season in the slot, all alone, he puts it right into the goalie. Why can't that guy snipe??? I thought he was an "offensive" D-man? I'd rather he rip one high and smash the glass, at least it would feel dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad