Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Bozak, JVR and Komarov walk in free agency, clearing up tons of cap space.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Tavares - Marner
Grundstrom - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Moore - Kapanen
-Leivo/Johnsson/Korshkov/etc

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Borgman - Liljegren
Dermott/Rosen

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Martin - Moore - Kapanen

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Borgman - Liljegren
Dermott/Rosen

show your work.
Matty, Will, Marner will need contracts.

Reactions: Black hat blue eyes

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
as the organization has shown they will go and find talent wherever, and then worry about what they have collected. so i wouldn't assume that just because they are there [in house] those are automatically the replacements.

They could pull off a Marleau move, but I would say there's a 90% chance their replacements are in-house.

Between Leivo, Kapanen, Grundstrom, Johnsson, Sosh, I think it's pretty safe to assume someone graduates next year. Of that list next year is pretty well NHL or bust for all those guys but Grundstrom. Not all can make it, but we'll be losing/trading the ones that don't.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON

Martin - Moore - Kapanen

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Borgman - Liljegren
Dermott/Rosen

So Tavares signs a 1 year contract?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yeah. The way it's going, Montreal is looking at a top 5 pick, so there's no chance they would consider trading their 1st for a rental unless A) By January-Feburary, their in the playoff race (which I doubt), B) The 1st round pick is heavily protected (ex. lottery protected for this season and next and if they still miss the playoffs by year 3, it turns into a 2nd round pick)

in the next month or so, I think you may be able to get their unprotected 1st for JVR, but as it goes on and they don't improve yeah cant see them doing it. They need scoring now though if they want to get back into it and you can smell the desperation growing all the way in Toronto they a ripe to be taken to the cleaners by some team lets hope its the leafs

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Folks are really underestimating just how stupid the Habs management is.

I can totally see them flipping their 1st for some offensive help. I also won't be surprised to see them flip Gally for a vet

Last edited:
Reactions: AppsSyl

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

I can totally see them flipping their 1stdor some offensive help. I also won't be surprised to see them flip Gally for a vet

If they do it won't be to the Leafs for JVR and/or Bozak. It might be in a package for Duchesne.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

I can totally see them flipping their 1stdor some offensive help. I also won't be surprised to see them flip Gally for a vet

Are there any bounds to Montreal's foolishness?

If not, we should ask for their unprotected 1st this season and their unprotected 1st next season and we could offer them Bozak, Leivo and JVR. We can take back some salary from them. Dahlin and Hughes would be nice

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If they do it won't be to the Leafs for JVR and/or Bozak. It might be in a package for Duchesne.
I don't know if Montreal has the assets for that. Sakic wants a boatload. Say goodbye to the 1st, I'd ask for Mete and whatever else.
Yes please. Sink even further and watch another team use your 1st. I like it.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
show your work.
Matty, Will, Marner will need contracts.
I say it's possible to do. Matthews will get the dollars. Nylander not as high. I don't think Marner is getting near at this point what people are projecting. He still needs to work on things (more than the other 2) and could even be in line for a 3/4 year bridge. Plus I see Marner as very Brown like (he bleeds for the Leafs).
Who knows, I'll leave it to the capologists.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I could see them trading someone (JVR, Leivo maybe) to Anaheim, because 1) They seem to trade with Anaheim once a year at least. 2) Anaheim has scored 12 goals in 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad