Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not a deadline deal but in the summer of 2013, Bobby Ryan was coming off of 4 straight seasons of 30+ goals, and a more disappointing one in the lockout year.
2008-09 - 64gp - 31 g - 26 a - 57 pts (21 yo)
2009-10 - 81gp - 35 g - 29 a - 64 pts (22 yo)
2010-11 - 82gp - 34 g - 37 a - 71 pts (23 yo)
2011-12 - 82gp - 31g - 26a - 57 pts (24 yo)
2012-13 - 46gp - 11g - 19a - 30 pts *lockout year* (25 yo)

A situation eerily similar to Pacioretty who's not going to hit 30g this season. Ryan was traded for Silfverberg, 1st in 2014, Stefan Noesen.

EDIT:
Earlier in the thread I compared the Ryan-Silfverberg trade to the Iginla-Nieuwendyk trade but it turns out they're completely different. Bobby Ryan is actually the type of trade I don't want the habs to do. I can understand what the ducks were trying to accomplish though because they were still a good team and wanted to compete right now. Silfverberg was a player who could help right now. But the moral of the story is that they traded a guy who was consistently hitting 35 goals and 57-70 pts for a guy who is more of a 20g-45pts type player, and Silfverberg wasn't even a 20g-40 pts guy yet at the time of that trade.

In the previous thread that's what I meant. If we insist on getting a player with NHL experience this is the type of player we're going to get.
Are you suggesting the Ryan for Silfverberg + Noesen + 1st for Ryan was bad for the Ducks?

If anything, it reinforces my point.

Seems to me, using your logic...all the Ducks could of got for Ryan was 1st + Noesen.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'd take a package similar to the Bobby Ryan package for sure.

Silfverberg was a very good player to take a chance on. Size, skill, right handed shot. Noesen was a young former first round pick. I think he was 20 or 21 when the trade happened. The first round pick ended up a 10th overall pick. If Anaheim used it on Fiala or Larkin it would look a lot better.

Pacioretty for a young winger, a former first round pick, and a Top 15 first round pick? Sign me up.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Avs fan coming in peace, is there any chance Drouin is available? I get you guys just got him in a trade, but I would love to have him in Colorado.

Here's my blockbuster trade proposal:
To Col:
Drouin, Galchenyuk and Petry

To Montreal:
Barrie, Timmins, Kerfoot, Colorado 2019 first, Nashville 2018 second

Replace the 1st with Jost and you havr a deal. Otherwise, I’d pass. Drouin and Chucky are established NHL talents. The package of youth is nice but no one there is established and Chucky and Drouin are already proven youth. Need to give more for certainty.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Zero chance because of my atrocious valuation or because Drouin wont be moved as long as Berg is the GM?
If one believes the HNIC rumour last night, the only untouchables on the Habs are Price and Weber.

If Drouin was moved would think it would take a very good young centre coming back, the Habs traded their best prospect to get him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Avs fan coming in peace, is there any chance Drouin is available? I get you guys just got him in a trade, but I would love to have him in Colorado.

Here's my blockbuster trade proposal:
To Col:
Drouin, Galchenyuk and Petry

To Montreal:
Barrie, Timmins, Kerfoot, Colorado 2019 first, Nashville 2018 second

It's pretty insulting for you to ask for these three guys together without involving guys like Rantanen, Landeskog or Jost on your end.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Zero chance because of my atrocious valuation or because Drouin wont be moved as long as Berg is the GM?
Because if Bergevin trades Drouin less than a year after acquiring him for the best defensive prospect we've had in the system in 10 years (Sergachev) he will be hunted down by every single psychopath fans in the province of Quebec for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Replace the 1st with Jost and you havr a deal. Otherwise, I’d pass. Drouin and Chucky are established NHL talents. The package of youth is nice but no one there is established and Chucky and Drouin are already proven youth. Need to give more for certainty.

Tough sell for me to trade Jost and Kerfoot. I'd argue Kerf is an established young forward imo, but I get where you're coming from with that.

Rework trade Avs trade:
Barrie, Jost, Timmins, Colorado 2019 first, Ottawa 2019 third.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tough sell for me to trade Jost and Kerfoot. I'd argue Kerf is an established young forward imo, but I get where you're coming from with that.

Rework trade Avs trade:
Barrie, Jost, Timmins, Colorado 2019 first, Ottawa 2019 third.

It’s a better proposals but here’s the problem. We’d have Weber, Barrie, Juulsen and Lernout on the RD position. Timmins is a right D and I don’t know where he’d fit into the lineup. We’d need a LHPMD and make up for the loss of offence.

So I’d counter with:
Drouin
Chucky
Petry

For

Jost
Makar
Barrie
1st.

I’d make the trade at the draft assuming we’re in a position to draft one of Svechnikov, Zadina or Tkachuk.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Other top center prospects...Brett Howden with Tampa,Michael McLeod Devils,German Rubtsov Flyers,Jack Roslovic Jets,Josh Norris Sharks and also Jankowski Flames ,Jost Avs,and Eriksson Ek Wild they are already in the NHL.
Howden, McLeod, Rubstov, Norris and Jankowski don't solve our #1 centre needs. i would much rather get a top PMD prospect than one of those guys.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Absolutely no point in trading Galchenyuk and/or Drouin while rebuilding if Price, Weber and Pacioretty are still on the team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Probably never getting Vilardi, with good reason. But how about Jared Anderson-Dolan and Kale Clague from the Kings for Max? JAD is solid, Clague is a top prospect. Add a pick and I think it’s a good deal.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have some decent young players. If Scherbak, Juulsen and Lernout can all make the jump maybe a quick reset is all that is needed.

I still think Price or Weber should be shopped

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Torterella despises Pacioretty. No way that would happen. Galchenyuk for Dubois straight up?

I'd probably do it knowing Galchenyuk is a UFA at the end of his current deal.

Still think he has a very high untapped potential, but I don't know how loyal he'll be to this organization knowing the way he has been handled so far. I don't think Dubois has as much raw talent, but he fits a need and looks like a player too.

That being said, Columbus wouldn't do it. They are starving for good centers just as much as we are.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Come on man, if Galchenyuk could buy you Dubois, you know Bargain Bin makes that deal faster than he gets down to a purple suit sale.
Closer to the deadline of Columbus feels they need a piece for a run then something could happen.

You are right though that MB wants Dubois

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Torterella despises Pacioretty. No way that would happen. Galchenyuk for Dubois straight up?
I watched an interview where the Blue Jackets GM basically scoffed at the talks of trades involving PLD and I can see a desperation move from Bergevin because of the heritage of the player he wants (see Drouin) and he definitely would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad