Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - The Crucial Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
You and others can continue to tie everything and anything to the PK/Weber trade...

I'd rather not.

The PK/Weber trade was never a hockey deal...If they trade Galchenyuk, I would think it's a hockey deal.

Not only the trade but also many other moves and decisions pointing to an increasingly similar pattern. The trade is just the most obvious example out of them. You can't deny it revealed alot about their ideologies and what they value in players.

What makes you so sure he doesn't actually see these listed players as "diamonds in the rough" types over Galchenyuk?

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Not only the trade but also many other moves and decisions pointing to an increasingly similar pattern. The trade is just the most obvious example out of them. You can't deny it revealed alot about their ideologies and what they value in players.

What makes you so sure he doesn't actually see these listed players as "diamonds in the rough" types over Galchenyuk?

My guess is they will look first to their usual suspects: Chicago, Anaheim, Arizona, Edmonton.

Who is available on these teams? And who is character worthy?

Rakell possibly? For sure Silverberg
Anisimov
Eberle
Duclair?

Duchene from Colorado?

I could totally see the habs packaging something for Vatanen and Rakell. Galchenyuk + Sergachev?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Subban was such a particular case...I don't think you can really point to any other move in Bergevin's era that's along the same line of thinking.

They traded PK Subban because he became bigger than the Montreal Canadiens (case in point: PK Subban's latest tweet), that's never happened with another player with the Habs (modern era) and it's not likely to happen any time soon.

Can't use that trade as the template for all moves...

If Bergevin wanted to trade Alex Galchenyuk for Mikko Koivu or Brandon Dubinsky...the trade would be done already.

Of course, I could be wrong, I didn't ever think they'd trade Subban...but again, I'm not going to tie everything the organization does with PK Subban.

That's a miserable existence if you ask me

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

What pattern? There's no pattern, it's all made up bs...

One trade for a guy 3 years older and it's apparently Bergevin's legacy now and suddenly a strong pattern as if he was trading young studs for old duds his whole tenure...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What pattern? There's no pattern, it's all made up bs...

One trade for a guy 3 years older and it's apparently Bergevin's legacy now and suddenly a strong pattern as if he was trading young studs for old duds his whole tenure...

Just did a quick scan of all of Bergevin's trades...

The only other trade that's similar in terms of him trading a younger player for an older player was when he traded Travis Moen for Sergei Gonchar.

There's literally no other "Subban for Weber" type of trade in his history as GM of the Montreal Canadiens.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Just did a quick scan of all of Bergevin's trades...

The only other trade that's similar in terms of him trading a younger player for an older player was when he traded Travis Moen for Sergei Gonchar.

There's literally no other "Subban for Weber" type of trade in his history as GM of the Montreal Canadiens.

You can add Pateryn for Benn but I mean, Moen was traded just to get rid of his contract and I don't think someone wants Greg back...

Exaggeration all the way...

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Would be the perfect trade for MB. Bottom pairing D. Retired in 2011-2012 so plenty of experience and respect. :sarcasm:

Not that Colin white lol. Sens prospect is considered by many as a top line player. Top notch. As per MB

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Big, fast, can score and hit. Can play center or lw.

Coyle and Jenner would be my favourite acquisition(s) over a guy like Duchene.

Certainly more CJ guys. Either could work out at C.

Still think we need a top puckhandler like Drouin.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Todd White is someone Bergy would have been interested in. Will he come out of retirement?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Maybe we already have him on our roster also. :)

The only one Habs didn't try is Hudon. I think McCarron and Sherbak are not ready.
As for Hudon, maybe you are a poster here who likes to boost his name, maybe not, I don't know your history. I would like Hudon to have a good try but time is running and I think Habs needs to go with sure values.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
How long do you think MB will keep his job for? Do you think he has to make a big move to save it?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I decided I wanted to be bashed by my own fellow Habs fans and others so...I posted my Galchenyuk proposal trade in the main board. My day was going too well. I just wanted to be bashed to end it.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The only one Habs didn't try is Hudon. I think McCarron and Sherbak are not ready.
As for Hudon, maybe you are a poster here who likes to boost his name, maybe not, I don't know your history. I would like Hudon to have a good try but time is running and I think Habs needs to go with sure values.

Hudon is a winger. I was talking about Danault...

Interesting what it would take to get Henrique+Kovalchuk from NJ.

I decided I wanted to be bashed by my own fellow Habs fans and others so...I posted my Galchenyuk proposal trade in the main board. My day was going too well. I just wanted to be bashed to end it.

Are you satisfied? :laugh:

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
The tricky part is how many teams can trade for him before the expansion draft and have a protection spot without losing him to Vegas as well. If the expansion draft was not in play, his value would be very high on the trade market. However, it's reduced a bit because a lot of teams scrambling to secure protection spots and this limits the amount of teams interested in Staal IMO.

Theory is they aren't afraid to leave him unprotected because with all the other players they'll have unprotected he's unlikely to be selected by Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad