Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - The Crucial Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Old one full

This is a significant make or break summer. Can't afford any more cheap stop gaps: RNH, Bozak etc.... Need a sizeable improvement down the middle or tear it down.

I would take RNH on this team any day of the week!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't think so. What I stated are simply facts. By watching EDM games, my context to back up the facts was that he was 100% invisible as well.

Hopkins is being used more in a shutdown role down there since they got McDavid and Drai.

His numbers took a dip but I'm sure he would bounce back with some better linemates and more favorable utilization.

Eberle looked lost out there and Pouliot should retire.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Of course they would take RNH on this team any day. Losers only seek to play with other losers to blend in. It's a camouflage reflex. We already got Petry on-board why not get the rest of them and allow the Oilers to win some championships.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Old one full

This is a significant make or break summer. Can't afford any more cheap stop gaps: RNH, Bozak etc.... Need a sizeable improvement down the middle or tear it down.

Bozak is a cheap stop gap.
RNH is not. RNH should be able to hit 50 pts fairly easily if used in an offensive role.
He got 43 pts this year while being used as their shutdown defenseman, and 34 pts in 55 games last year (pace of 51 pts). Tavares and Mackinnon are likely not available, which leaves us with Duchene, Carter, and RNH. We should be able to get RNH without giving up anything major, which is likely not the case with the other two.
For Duchene and Carter, they would want Galchenyuk or Sergachev, but for RNH it's more of a gallagher (or less).

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Bozak is a cheap stop gap.
RNH is not. RNH should be able to hit 50 pts fairly easily if used in an offensive role.
He got 43 pts this year while being used as their shutdown defenseman, and 34 pts in 55 games last year (pace of 51 pts). Tavares and Mackinnon are likely not available, which leaves us with Duchene, Carter, and RNH. We should be able to get RNH without giving up anything major, which is likely not the case with the other two.
For Duchene and Carter, they would want Galchenyuk or Sergachev, but for RNH it's more of a gallagher (or less).

LMFAO
Gallagher for RNH. Now I've heard it all. Maybe throw in lehkonen too

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
RNH sucks, Duchene sucks, Hanzal sucks! I mean, who the heck do you want him to get? :facepalm:

if he's going to do another lateral move, we don't want him to get anything, we want him fired before that. We'll get one of Tavares, Rakell, Fabbri, Wennberg, Reinhart, Horvat, etc.. some other way while keeping Galchenyuk. Chances are I'm not going to be watching next regular season anyway.

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
My preference is to just tear this team down and rebuild but I am thinking that MB is going to go after either Duchene or RNH.

Either that or find someone from some obscure hockey league because it was too hard to make a trade (I bet that guy can't even make trades on his Playstation)

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Come on guys, Bergevin will do some lateral moves and continue to pretend he's building through the draft (which he's not).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
if he's going to do another lateral move, we don't want him to get anything, we want him fired before that. We'll get one of Tavares, Rakell, Fabbri, Wennberg, Reinhart, Horvat, etc.. some other way while keeping Galchenyuk. Chances are I'm not going to be watching next regular season anyway.

How is adding a guy like Hanzal without losing any other player is a lateral move?

Or getting a guy that can play center by trading a guy that can't play center?

Yes, you'll get Tavares without losing Galchenyuk, sure buddy! Who said Tavares is even going anywhere? And all those guys you listed? Why in the world would Columbus trade Wennberg? Or Vancouver trade Horvat?

And Fabbri? Really? The guy is not even playing center in St. Louis! :shakehead

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
LMFAO
Gallagher for RNH. Now I've heard it all. Maybe throw in lehkonen too

"Habs have the worst center depth in the league"
"Habs will never go far with their centers"
etc.
are stuffs that you said, yet you don't want the habs to acquire top 6 centers :help:

Also Gallagher and RNH are close in value, so your "maybe throw in lehkonen too" makes you look dumb.

And just for your information, I would rather have Gallagher than RNH, but its probably the only option where you don't have to give up Galchenyuk or Sergachev.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
"Habs have the worst center depth in the league"
"Habs will never go far with their centers"
etc.
are stuffs that you said, yet you don't want the habs to acquire top 6 centers :help:

Also Gallagher and RNH are close in value, so your "maybe throw in lehkonen too" makes you look dumb.

And just for your information, I would rather have Gallagher than RNH, but its probably the only option where you don't have to give up Galchenyuk or Sergachev.
RNH is not a top 6 C

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
RNH is not a top 6 C

5 of the 6 nhl seasons he played, he scored/was on pace for 50+ pts.

His lowest was 43 pts this year, and that's while playing as the guy who had to shut down the best offensive weapon of the other team.

He absolutely is a top 6 center.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
5 of the 6 nhl seasons he played, he scored/was on pace for 50+ pts.

His lowest was 43 pts this year, and that's while playing as the guy who had to shut down the best offensive weapon of the other team.

He absolutely is a top 6 center.

As weak as anything, absolutely invisible every night, and is putrid against tough opponents. Plekanec is better.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
RNH is not a top 6 C

I'm not a fan of his and don't want him but he could be an adequate top 6 offensive C.

I just don't see the point given his lack of finishing skills, lack of size and 6 million dollar price tag.

I'd rather Duchene.

Mind you, I'd rather both if we can keep Galchenyuk but that much is impossible so no point.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
As weak as anything, absolutely invisible every night, and is putrid against tough opponents. Plekanec is better.

Then do you want Duchene? Cuz he was even more invisible than rnh last season.

If you don't want either of them, then it means you want something like Tavares or Mackinnon, which is just unrealistic at this point.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

If you don't want either of them, then it means you want something like Tavares or Mackinnon, which is just unrealistic at this point.

If people expect one of those two they might as well expect it not to happen.

Tavares is only leaving if he wants to. I don't think he does.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I am not a big Duchene fan, especially because of the price. I want to retool, but that isn't happening because god forbid we don't make the playoffs for 2-3 years and become a significantly better team after that. These upcoming drafts are filled with high end talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad