Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog and Francois Beauchemin for Brendan Gallagher, Nathan Beaulieu, Noah Juulsen, Michael McCarron and 1st round pick.

Martin Hanzal and Tobias Reider for Tomas Plekanec Sven Andrighetto and 3rd round pick.

Lines:
Pacioretty* Galchenyuk* Radulov
Landeskog* Duchene* Shaw*
Danault* Hanzal Byron*
Carr Mitchell Flynn
Reider

Emelin* Weber*
Markov Petry*
Beauchemin Pateryn
Barberio Redman

Price*
Montoya

* Protected. Radulov resigns after.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I think we should put a claim in for Burmistrov, might be a better solution than Terry in our bottom 6. Worse case scenario we just put him back on waivers if he doesn't work out.

And if he doesn't clear, you're stuck with his $1.5 million cap hit. Forget it.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Landeskog has been on a decline since his first year in the league. I would hold off on him. Besides, we don't "need" another winger, we absolutely do need a center who can create offence and win faceoffs. Landeskog is the wrong guy to target from that team.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
We'd be wasting some of our cap because of his cap hit if we did that. Pass.

We have like 16M in the IR right now. I don't think our cap is an issue at this point, especially with DD on LTIR.

What do you mean if he doesn't clear? If you put him back on waivers and nobody claims him back then he clears them. If you waive him to the AHL, he'll only count 500k against the cap.

It was just an idea to acquire cheap C depth without giving any assets.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Dont want to be technical on you, but no we wont be on the Hook for him 1.5

you can bury some salary in the minors. it is 375k + min salary.
so for 2016-17: $575,000 + $375,000 = $950,000

So we would be on the hook for 550k and not 1.5m

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Therrien would murder Burmistrov. Or who knows, maybe he'd turn him around. Dead or superstar, probably no other option.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Landeskog has been on a decline since his first year in the league. I would hold off on him. Besides, we don't "need" another winger, we absolutely do need a center who can create offence and win faceoffs. Landeskog is the wrong guy to target from that team.

I agree that he's the wrong target and a bit disappointing for a 2nd overall but he's still a better player overall than Gallagher and would be an upgrade imho

Saying that in the context of the proposals here which means Gallagher would go to Colorado

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For what it's worth, I read somewhere that Daniel Briere would rather see Montreal trade for Landeskog than Duchene. Having played a season with both, he explained that Landeskog is a guy who will give his all for the team cause while Duchene is a little more into his individual stats.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Still think RNH is the better option over Duchene since he's 2 years younger and at the same cap signed longer

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I've made this offer/post before but Landeskog is the guy I'd rather have on the Habs this year.

He's a young veteran. He has the leadership and intangibles that Bergevin loves. He has the size and toughness that the Habs are desperately lacking in their top 6, and he gives the Habs some much needed depth on the left wing. He's signed to a long term deal and I think would make Montreal the most balanced team in the league.

I'd offer:

2017 1st round pick
Mikhail Sergachev
Charles Hudon
David Desharnais (cap purposes)

For:

Gabriel Landeskog

Then after the playoffs were over I'd leave Plekanec unprotected and make a deal with the Las Vegas Knights that they'd take Plekanec in exchange for something mutually agreeable. Vegas gets a sweetener to take a flyer on a veteran for one year, while the Habs get to free up some major cap space to re-sign Radulov, Galchenyuk and find a number two or three center depending on where you slot in Danault.

2016-2017 playoff lineup:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Landeskog - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Redmond

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I've made this offer/post before but Landeskog is the guy I'd rather have on the Habs this year.

He's a young veteran. He has the leadership and intangibles that Bergevin loves. He has the size and toughness that the Habs are desperately lacking in their top 6, and he gives the Habs some much needed depth on the left wing. He's signed to a long term deal and I think would make Montreal the most balanced team in the league.

I'd offer:

2017 1st round pick
Mikhail Sergachev
Charles Hudon
David Desharnais (cap purposes)

For:

Gabriel Landeskog

Then after the playoffs were over I'd leave Plekanec unprotected and make a deal with the Las Vegas Knights that they'd take Plekanec in exchange for something mutually agreeable. Vegas gets a sweetener to take a flyer on a veteran for one year, while the Habs get to free up some major cap space to re-sign Radulov, Galchenyuk and find a number two or three center depending on where you slot in Danault.

2016-2017 playoff lineup:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Landeskog - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Redmond

Byron is proving so far that hes a top 6 player.
That gives us 3 players that can play lw on the first 2 lines (patch, byron, lehkonen).
We have the same thing on rw with Radu, Gally, Shaw.

That leaves only the center position. Only Galchenyuk is good enough to play in the top 6. Plekanec, Danault or McCarron are not top 6 players (they havent shown that they can produce like one yet). So our 2nd C is the only problem in our forward lineup. Getting Duchene would help the habs a lot more than getting Landeskog.

Apr 28, 2010
Gally is having a rough stretch and suddenly everybody wants to trade him. Im pretty sure he was untouchable here 2 months ago.

Only realistic trade for me is Hanzal. Forget about Landeskog and Duchene.. unless Patches is the one to go, which I dont see happening.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Byron is proving so far that hes a top 6 player.
That gives us 3 players that can play lw on the first 2 lines (patch, byron, lehkonen).
We have the same thing on rw with Radu, Gally, Shaw.

I thought Shaw was better on the third line. As for Gally, is he playing himself out of the top 6?

Also, do we really want so many smallish players on the top 6? I'm all for speed and talent and hope we can land a winger who brings speed, talent and more size just so that we have a more effective asset mix, especially in the playoffs, should we get there.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Gally is having a rough stretch and suddenly everybody wants to trade him. Im pretty sure he was untouchable here 2 months ago.

There is no untouchable. It's all about what you get in return. If the NYI would give us Ryan Strome for Gally I would seriously think about it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I thought Shaw was better on the third line. As for Gally, is he playing himself out of the top 6?

Also, do we really want so many smallish players on the top 6? I'm all for speed and talent and hope we can land a winger who brings speed, talent and more size just so that we have a more effective asset mix, especially in the playoffs, should we get there.

Gallagher had always produced like a top 6 forward since entering the league (except this season). He is a top 6 forward no question.

Shaw is more of a 3rd liner, but he is more than capable of playing on the 2nd line (he was in the top 6 in chicago, and after a rough start with us he has 12 pts in his last 15 games).

Our lineup with Duchene would look like this:
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Carr - Mitchel - McCarron

Looks like a pretty good lineup to me.
And Duchene is 5'11 200 pounds, thats not small at all.
Duchene has also been better offensively than Landeskog (this season and career wise)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gallagher had always produced like a top 6 forward since entering the league (except this season). He is a top 6 forward no question.

Shaw is more of a 3rd liner, but he is more than capable of playing on the 2nd line (he was in the top 6 in chicago, and after a rough start with us he has 12 pts in his last 15 games).

I'm all for not putting too much stock on recent production. On that basis, I'd buy your take on Gallagher on account of past seasons.

By the same token, I would like to see more of Shaw's production in the same vein as the last 15 games, before we could anoint him as a viable 2nd liner.

Same with Byron -- we'd have to see him do what he does over a greater timeframe before we can assert that he's really a top 6, IMHO.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
And Duchene is 5'11 200 pounds, thats not small at all.

but it is when it's 5'11 195? That's Plekanec's size and he has been called small for years

ps: it's also Crosby's size and nobody is saying that he's small... the grass is always greener on the other side. (Don't say Duchene and Crosby play big and Plekanec plays small, execpt for this year he has always been one of the biggest pest in the league)

I'm not saying both are small but you got to chose either it is or not you can't say one is and the other isn't

and to be sure not compairing talent only size and perception of the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad