Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
If I were Tampa I would just move Johnson.

The guys is almost a PPG in the playoffs. I really don't know which one out of Drouin, Johnson, Palat, and Killorn they would prefer to move...

Again though, one has to wonder if they are heading towards another standoff with Drouin, which could put him as a fair candidate to be moved.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
2nd 2017 + prospect + Barberio for De Haan?

Is De Haan really that big of an upgrade of Beaulieu?? Honest question, I don't know enough about the guy... But if we are talking with the islanders, I would hope we are chasing Strome.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Of the 3 legendary veterans in the last year of their contracts......Jagr,Iginla,Doan who is a better fit with Montreal for a deadline trade if any.....I would go with Jagr.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trade freeze coming up.

The NHL's annual holiday roster freeze begin at midnight Eastern time on Dec. 19, expiring at midnight ET on Dec. 27.

...media speculation suggested Arizona Coyotes center (and pending unrestricted free agent) Martin Hanzal could be a good fit with the Canadiens. However, ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reported on Wednesday that he didn't believe the Habs showed much interest in Hanzal and isn't sure if that's changed.

Also on Wednesday, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman suggested Winnipeg Jets center Alex Burmistrov as a trade option. Bruins center Ryan Spooner could be available, but it's unlikely the Bruins will trade him to a longtime rival such as the Canadiens.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...make-a-trade-before-the-holiday-freeze/page/3

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
If Tampa is out of playoffs what could it take to get Drouin? Seriously...I think we can start with a 2017 1st + ....but what is the +? is it a roster player or more picks/prospects?

Would a 2017 1st + 2018 2nd + Byron do it? probably not...
How about a 2017 1st + Lekhonen? does that get interest?

Does any of the above have interest from our fan base?

Im not very good at these...tough to determine fair value sometimes.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Of the 3 legendary veterans in the last year of their contracts......Jagr,Iginla,Doan who is a better fit with Montreal for a deadline trade if any.....I would go with Jagr.

Jagr hands down. At least he looks like he can still contribute, the other two look to be completely finished. Doan will never be brought here anyway considering his history against the province.

That being said, if we were going to flee the Panthers on trades, the time for that was the last few months. No more chance of that happening now with Tallon being back at the helm.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DD+1st for a real center.

thanks

So what you're really saying is that 1st is really a 2nd rounder to another team, when they factor out the negative value of taking on DD. :sarcasm:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
This is not a current rumour but I read on the Canucks board that they might have offered bo horvat for pk. Montreal countered with horvat plus 5th overall pick for PK.

I'm a horvat fan, and the pick would likely be a stud, but it would have left a massive hole on defense, but also have given cap flexibility.

Did anyone else hear this rumour and what did you think of it?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And the beat goes on....

MB will stay tough till feb/mar

I too am inclined to think nothing will happen until the TDL. Asking prices right now must be through the roof with so many teams still in it.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Jagr or Iginla for me.

Jagr I think would look real nice next to Radulov. Both have so much enthusiasm for the game.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
If Tampa is out of playoffs what could it take to get Drouin? Seriously...I think we can start with a 2017 1st + ....but what is the +? is it a roster player or more picks/prospects?

Would a 2017 1st + 2018 2nd + Byron do it? probably not...
How about a 2017 1st + Lekhonen? does that get interest?

Does any of the above have interest from our fan base?

Im not very good at these...tough to determine fair value sometimes.

Sergachev, 2017 1st, Carr/Andrighetto/Hudon is my guess

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Jagr or Iginla for me.

Jagr I think would look real nice next to Radulov. Both have so much enthusiasm for the game.

Both of them are RWs. Radulov prefers to play the right side too. Given the recent play as well I wouldn't split up Radulov and Pacioretty either.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Both of them are RWs. Radulov prefers to play the right side too. Given the recent play as well I wouldn't split up Radulov and Pacioretty either.

Wasnt aware of that. It would be nice to see though. Jagr/Rads would the other team ever be able to strip the puck from those guys? It would be like a game of keep away with those 2 on the ice.;)

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Sergachev, 2017 1st, Carr/Andrighetto/Hudon is my guess

Drouin hasn't shown any consistency, that is way too much for his 13 pts in 22 games. If MB trades Sergachev AND a 1st, it will have to be for a proven young stud, not a maybe.

I'd take a risk on Bjugstad for the right price

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Drouin hasn't shown any consistency, that is way too much for his 13 pts in 22 games. If MB trades Sergachev AND a 1st, it will have to be for a proven young stud, not a maybe

Same people who wanted to trade Patches or Chucky for him last year.

Kid has talent but like you said, he's incredibly inconsistent. Feels like a less talent Kovalev. When he's "on" he's great. When he's not, he doesn't do much else out there.

I'd like him on the team but not at the price Yzerman would probably be asking.

We still need the 2nd line centre or very good scoring winger but I'd rather have Duchene or RNH than Druin at this point. They'd probably cost less that what Yzerman was apparently asking for last year.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but maybe we should just pay the Vanek tax again :sarcasm: JDLR and a 2nd for Vanek and a 5th...

If we can't add a playmaking center maybe we leave Plekanec between Pacioretty and Radulov, and give Galchenyuk Vanek and Gallagher...

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but maybe we should just pay the Vanek tax again :sarcasm: JDLR and a 2nd for Vanek and a 5th...

If we can't add a playmaking center maybe we leave Plekanec between Pacioretty and Radulov, and give Galchenyuk Vanek and Gallagher...

Had vanek shown up against the rangers in the playoffs, maybe the habs would be in the finals even with tokarski.

He was so invisible that I cannot see the habs ever wanting him back, especially not now because I believe he's slown down even more from 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->