Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Anderson to Isles for their 13th.

Petry to Stars for their 18th.

Leave the first night of the draft with the 1st overall + 13th +18th + 26th. And then on day 2, you have the first pick of the day at #33.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

But in all honesty, I'm not setting myself up with expectations that Habs will make a splash. That way, if they don't, I'll be good.
Also, our scouting staff's only change has been Timmins out and Bobrov in. The draft picks you mentioned can turn into dust real quick.

And don't mention Gorton because we really don't know what we have in him when it comes to drafting. His interim year as GM of Boston's gold rush in 06 was the only draft that paid off and there are big question marks about how involved he was. And Hughes? We just don't know.

I'm curious to see how Hugo does this off-season but I ain't holding my breath.

In my dream, Fletcher is such a moron that Habs got the 5th overall from them for Armia.

So Habs leave with picks 1, 5, 13, 18 & 26.
And then you wake up and find out that your toy Yorkshire (or Amber Heard) took a grumpy on your chest.

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Also, our scouting staff's only change has been Timmins out and Bobrov in. The draft picks you mentioned can turn into dust real quick.

And don't mention Gorton because we really don't know what we have in him when it comes to drafting. His interim year as GM of Boston's gold rush in 06 was the only draft that paid off and there are big question marks about how involved he was. And Hughes? We just don't know.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Also, our scouting staff's only change has been Timmins out and Bobrov in.
It's odd to say that as if it's not a major change. The guy who had been running Montreal's drafts for nearly 20 years and the GM who was heavily involved in the process are both gone. That's a massive change even if the regional WHL scouts are still the same people.

If we just don't know then why is your default position that it's more likely they will be bad? Waiting for them to prove themselves as good drafters before assuming they're good is perfectly reasonable, but we also don't have any track record from them that says they're likely to be bad at it.

If that's not your position then fair enough, but that is what is implied by "I ain't holding my breath".

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

The one thing is I believe in this organization’s ability to develop prospects a lot more than the Bergevin regime.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

And then you wake up and find out that your toy Yorkshire (or Amber Heard) took a grumpy on your chest.
Amber Turd... Laying Oh Henry's on your pillow

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What if they refuse to be kissed by you? That's gonna be one angry walk back to Nova Scotia.

...I'm 6'7, around 255lbs (maybe closer to 260lbs :cry:) and now have greying hair down well past my shoulders...I'm pretty sure I won't be walking back to Nova Scotia anyways...so...:biglaugh:

...and yes, the prison sentencing will be worth it...:banana:

Reactions: habsfan891

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I guess now we know why you’re the Big Daddy
yougotthis.gif

decaprio.gif

Reactions: le_sean

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Considering they haven't developed a single PPG player in how many years, what's to say the Habs will tank and tank and tank and rebuild correctly where Toronto, Edmonton, Arizona, Buffalo, Ottawa, Jersey, Florida failed so far?
Best to trade the future away for the developmental scraps of other teams then! You always pretend anyone who wants Montreal to get another good draft or two must want us to tank forever because the strawman is easy to beat up.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Best to trade the future away for the developmental scraps of other teams then! You always pretend anyone who wants Montreal to get another good draft or two must want us to tank forever because the strawman is easy to beat up.
I’m looking at the facts: we have two very good young players (one acquired in a trade, the other by luck because he’s undersized) and the 1OA. As far as I’m concerned they count as three draft pickups. We have the 2023 1st round pick and Guhle/Harris/Barron.

We have the quantity of prospects and young players to avoid persisting in that bottoming-out stage and risk the bottom falling out and turning into Buffalo: l’édition Français

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Hoping over on the Tampa board and they really want Killorn out. A couple flooded trading him for Anderson with retention, which doesn't make any sense for us but... I do like the idea of us eating Killorn's contract for them. He's only signed for one year at 4.5M. If we could get something out of that, I think it'd be worthwhile.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
When can trades start tomorrow?

Were they forbidden? I just assumed they didn't want to trade during the SC Finals out of respect for the league or something.
There was no trade freeze.

The trade deadline is just imposed so you can't add players after for a run, as they would be ineligible.

Teams genuinely don't make trades until after the finals as to not take away from the playoffs.

Teams also don't make trades until after so they can have more teams possibly involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad