Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Why would he NOT try to win a cup by signing with the Habs?
Habs are rebuilding, Weber and Price may never play again… Habs finished dead last and most probably won’t be anything close to the playoffs next year.

Bergeron doesn’t have forever and his time is probably better spent with a contender.

Reactions: cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tony A has a fact wrong - Bergeron was a Nords fan growing up & detested Habs, but I wouldn’t mind…
I really want us to finish near the bottom again.

Getting Wright is so sweet. Let's add another young piece to the future core. Even if we don't get Beddard or Mishkov, maybe we get a future #1 D or another goal scoring winger like Caufield.

At least Hughes said he doesn't think we'll be players for the big names.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tony A has a fact wrong - Bergeron was a Nords fan growing up & detested Habs, but I wouldn’t mind…
Was going to say the same. Also, why would Bergeron play out his career for a team who’s just started rebuilding, no Carey Price (?), and a million question marks? I’d be stunned if he didn’t resign with tue Bruins, I’d be a million times more stunned if he signed with the Habs, a team he despised growing up.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I mean Bergeron for 2 years with Wright and Suzuki would be nice as a mentor but don't really see it happening.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Was going to say the same. Also, why would Bergeron play out his career for a team who’s just started rebuilding, no Carey Price (?), and a million question marks? I’d be stunned if he didn’t resign with tue Bruins, I’d be a million times more stunned if he signed with the Habs, a team he despised growing up.
One of the reasons Hughes decided to take the Mtl GM gig was both he & his wife’s parents are getting up there and this was an opportunity to spend time & keep an eye on them… Hughes even mentioned it at his intro PC as a significant reason for choosing this job vs previous opportunities presented to him

Not saying this is the case as I’ve got no idea - but could play a factor w Bergeron / family dynamics (wife, grandkids etc).

David Savard said his wife wouldn’t even allow him to consider other options when the Habs opportunity presented itself - she absolute wanted to be in close proximity to her parents and wanted grandkids to be close to the grandparents

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Looking at CapFriendly

The Dallas Stars and Minnesota Wild are in bad shape with the salary cap. The Stars better hope and pray Seguin and Benn return to from, and the Wild are suffering big time from the Suter and Parise buyouts.

Reactions: sampollock

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
One of the reasons Hughes decided to take the Mtl GM gig was both he & his wife’s parents are getting up there and this was an opportunity to spend time & keep an eye on them… Hughes even mentioned it at his intro PC as a significant reason for choosing this job vs previous opportunities presented to him

Not saying this is the case as I’ve got no idea - but could play a factor w Bergeron / family dynamics (wife, grandkids etc).

David Savard said his wife wouldn’t even allow him to consider other options when the Habs opportunity presented itself - she absolute wanted to be in close proximity to her parents and wanted grandkids to be close to the grandparents
You never know. Family is a powerful motivator so it’s a factor.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I want us to get Michkov/Bedard next year but no one is going to turn down Bergeron if he wants to finish his career in Quebec, especially on a sweetheart deal.

That said, it's not going to happen so no worries thinking about it lol
I would turn him down; it makes sense to sign players like Letang and Bergeron if you have a core that's ready to contend. However, my instinct tells me this team is at least 2 years away from even making the playoffs. So I would be vehemently opposed to signing players who are borderline elite NHLers, especially considering that they would impede our tank for next year. It makes zero sense. Would we even make the playoffs with Bergeron? Probably not, and we'd finish with a crappy pick as a result.

Reactions: bsl

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Damn good insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad