Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I’d roll

Eddy-Petry
Romy-Savard (not a savard fan, but is a stay at home guy who could allow Romanov to start taking more offensive chances)
??????????

lots of options for the 3rd pairing. I wouldn’t mind bringing Kulak back, he’s just such a bargain. Can play him with one of the young guns. With Schneider looking so good for NY, wouldn’t mind seeing Guhle compete for a spot.

Honestly, outside of Edmundson, Romanov and Savard, everything is up in the air. Even Eddy might have question marks due to his back. I really have no idea how this core will look next year.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Issue with Harris is that he will ask for certain guarantees about being able to directly play in the NHL or he won’t sign.

But, since the team is resetting/ rebuilding, shouldn’t be a problem.

Tell him what he wants to hear and there is no NHL contract that puts in writing that you play NHL only. NMC are not allowed in the ELC as far as I know.

So yeah, sign him for the last 10-15 games and let him play. Then go from there. I would put high probability that happens.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The guy just went from cup finals to the worst team in the league with a coach he likely hated to play for. I will give him a mulligan on this, but I don't expect everyone to feel the same. I understand.
And he was probably one of the biggest reason our season was that awful,He was supposed to be a leader and big impact player for that team and he didn’t give a shit about this team even if he was one of the highest paid player in the team. Don’t want him near our young players with that attitude. But I understand too you’re point.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d roll

Eddy-Petry
Romy-Savard (not a savard fan, but is a stay at home guy who could allow Romanov to start taking more offensive chances)
??????????

lots of options for the 3rd pairing. I wouldn’t mind bringing Kulak back, he’s just such a bargain. Can play him with one of the young guns. With Schneider looking so good for NY, wouldn’t mind seeing Guhle compete for a spot.

Guhle with his size/mobility and commitment towards D first will get the best shot to earn one of those spots. Harris, Norlinder, Brook, Clague fight each other which is great competition.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Tell him what he wants to hear and there is no NHL contract that puts in writing that you play NHL only. NMC are not allowed in the ELC as far as I know.

So yeah, sign him for the last 10-15 games and let him play. Then go from there. I would put high probability that happens.

I see no issue rotating Harris and Fairbrother next year. Romanov looked terrible to start the year and got better. Hell, he didn't spend a lick of time in the AHL and even played on the 3rd pair in the KHL while he was there. 40ish games at the NHL level is nothing to sneeze at. Either we give Harris a shot or someone else does.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He will get a shot for sure. But he's not some physical beast so I think he takes time to mature and learn how to play with less time and space. Not saying it's impossible but probability says he needs time to mature in the AHL.

Offensive and puck moving is strong. Ability to handle big forwards in front of the net and along the walls is undetermined. Most his size struggle with that.

However, maybe MSL is more open to letting them learn on the job and accepting mistakes? We will see but Norlinder will be there too and I have Harris and Norlinder close in potential. Are they good enough to leap frog Clague who is more mature? Not sure about that out of the gate.

However, I’d have Harris more likely as being able to realize that potential. Already plays a North American game on a small ice surface and will get a direct opportunity at a slate of NHL games.

Norlinder complained and didn’t want to report to the AHL and insisted on playing in his homeland. And has not been getting significant minutes since he left the Habs. Norlinder has not helped himself and should easily get surpassed by Harris.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
However, I’d have Harris more likely as being able to realize that potential. Already plays a North American game on a small ice surface and will get a direct opportunity at a slate of NHL games.

Norlinder complained and didn’t want to report to the AHL and insisted on playing in his homeland. And has not been getting significant minutes since he left the Habs. Norlinder has not helped himself and should easily get surpassed by Harris.

It also doesn't help that Norlinder is made of glass...

Reactions: Runner77

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Even if Petry wants to stay, with all what he did this year, really not sure I want to keep him around next year

He said everything the younger players didn't want/have the guts to say
We can pretty much all agree on how lost Ducharme was. It sucks, I'm not the guy who always says take the easy way out and fire the coach, but the players had no f***ing clue what they were doing out there and when asked towards the end even Ducharme couldn't answer the questions!! Petry had the chance to leave, but he chose to sign and stay in Montreal so I'm all good if the guy wants to stay and move forward with new coaching staff and the different ideas they bring in!

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He said everything the younger players didn't want/have the guts to say
We can pretty much all agree on how lost Ducharme was. It sucks, I'm not the guy who always says take the easy way out and fire the coach, but the players had no f***ing clue what they were doing out there and when asked towards the end even Ducharme couldn't answer the questions!! Petry had the chance to leave, but he chose to sign and stay in Montreal so I'm all good if the guy wants to stay and move forward with new coaching staff and the different ideas they bring in!
My problem isn’t what he said on Ducharme but how he act on the ice

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I think that this is the most fun the trade proposal thread has been in my time here.

Petry
Chiarot
Lehkonen
Armia
Gallagher
Dvorak
Anderson
Drouin

So many good players might go, and likely two or three will. We don't know which ones, but at least in the case of Hughes I have reasonable confidence that he'll make the best decision picking among the offers on his email inbox.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes but do you consider players like McCarron/Tinordi as NHLer ?

Part of the issue is that they didn't make it due to numerous injuries and concussions. By that same token, you don't know if Lehkonen will be an NHLer in 5 years. He might get concussions as well.

What percentage of 27 year old 3rd liners are still NHLers at age 32?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I see no issue rotating Harris and Fairbrother next year. Romanov looked terrible to start the year and got better. Hell, he didn't spend a lick of time in the AHL and even played on the 3rd pair in the KHL while he was there. 40ish games at the NHL level is nothing to sneeze at. Either we give Harris a shot or someone else does.

We are going to give Harris a shot this year. Probably plays about 10-12 games depending on when his NCAA year ends. I'm talking about next year when Norlinder, Harris, Brook, Fairbrother and maybe others are in training camp trying to earn a spot. Just cause we play Harris this year, it don't mean we are married to him playing full time next year in the NHL. Look up Poehling for example

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think Harris will be given opportunity and he will play NHL this year (10-12 games to finish the year). Then to begin next season, all bets are off and there are others who will be in the mix which includes Norlinder and Guhle.

Personally, I have Norlinder and Harris as close to equals but both need maturity time. A guy like Guhle has the style of game like Romanov in terms of playing D first IMO.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We are going to give Harris a shot this year. Probably plays about 10-12 games depending on when his NCAA year ends. I'm talking about next year when Norlinder, Harris, Brook, Fairbrother and maybe others are in training camp trying to earn a spot. Just cause we play Harris this year, it don't mean we are married to him playing full time next year in the NHL. Look up Poehling for example

Harris still has to perform and show he belongs, evidently. But, he has all the leverage in this situation and he’s a PMD, so he knows that the Habs are short in that dept.

It all depends on what the contractual demands are. He may have restrictions or thresholds that limit the Habs’ ability to send him down. It’s that or he doesn’t sign. I think he gets what he’s after.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Harris still has to perform and show he belongs, evidently. But, he has all the leverage in this situation and he’s a PMD, so he knows that the Habs are short in that dept.

It all depends on what the contractual demands are. He may have restrictions or thresholds that limit the Habs’ ability to send him down. It’s that or he doesn’t sign. I think he gets what he’s after.

I have no doubt he gets all the opportunity he wants to finish this season. Where I might be different than others is things change heading into camp. He will have Norlinder and Ghule to battle with. Even if Harris shines to finish the year, he still has to come into camp ready and not take anything for granted.

Personally, I value Harris but I'm not expecting him to shine out of the gate. Hope I wrong but the general rule is he takes time to mature. How will they manage it with new management? Not sure cause we are in a new direction with youth and how they yoyo them around (I hope)

As far as the restrictions and thresholds, I don't think you can legally have that in the contract. A hand shake agreement is all the Habs or any other team can offer.

Last edited:

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
So your plan is to paint all players with the same brush and discard them because of a bad season? Lehkonen and Anderson are quality players. Get some glasses, Mr. Magoo.

People were saying the same things about Byron and Armia - look how that turned out.

You can even go further back to guys people overated like Gorges - and i'm sure there's still people crying over not signing folk heroes Mike Weaver and Jordie Benn cuz they were supposedly indispensable to the team.

I bet you were even one that wanted to resign Tatar for 4 years at over 4million, cuz, you know, he brings a lot of things.

Lehks is going to be a RFA who is going to command $3,000,000 - there is no way in hell i am paying that for a third liner and then having $10,000,00 of my cap space wasted on a bottom six line of Lheks Armia and Byron. (you can even add another 4$million for Dvorak).

Not having Lehks on the team will not make a difference. In fact, Pitlick is already doing his job for $975,000, which just goes to show how easier it is to find effective bottom 6 guys on the cheap.

The sooner we trade him the better. If he is so invaluable, there must be a strong market for him then, no?

As for Anderson, again, my biggest worry is his health. He just can't seem to stay healthy enough to warrant that contract. Not saying he is like Andrew Shaw, but he does have health issue that i'd be wary of given the way he plays. And let's be honest, there's a reason why Columbus got rid of him - their gm is not stupid.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
People were saying the same things about Byron and Armia - look how that turned out.

You can even go further back to guys people overated like Gorges - and i'm sure there's still people crying over not signing folk heroes Mike Weaver and Jordie Benn cuz they were supposedly indispensable to the team.

I bet you were even one that wanted to resign Tatar for 4 years at over 4million, cuz, you know, he brings a lot of things.

Lehks is going to be a RFA who is going to command $3,000,000 - there is no way in hell i am paying that for a third liner and then having $10,000,00 of my cap space wasted on a bottom six line of Lheks Armia and Byron. (you can even add another 4$million for Dvorak).

Not having Lehks on the team will not make a difference. In fact, Pitlick is already doing his job for $975,000, which just goes to show how easier it is to find effective bottom 6 guys on the cheap.

The sooner we trade him the better. If he is so invaluable, there must be a strong market for him then, no?

As for Anderson, again, my biggest worry is his health. He just can't seem to stay healthy enough to warrant that contract. Not saying he is like Andrew Shaw, but he does have health issue that i'd be wary of given the way he plays. And let's be honest, there's a reason why Columbus got rid of him - their gm is not stupid.

Pitlick hasn't replaced Lehkonen LOL! C'mon, man. Again, you are painting all players with the same brush. If you want to get into my own personal opinions, no, I did not want to keep Tatar around. I didn't care about Armia. As I have said, Lehkonen and Anderson can go ONLY if we get an overpay. We can't just pick up replacements from thin air like you would have us do. These are quality players, man.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think that this is the most fun the trade proposal thread has been in my time here.

Petry
Chiarot
Lehkonen
Armia
Gallagher
Dvorak
Anderson
Drouin

So many good players might go, and likely two or three will. We don't know which ones, but at least in the case of Hughes I have reasonable confidence that he'll make the best decision picking among the offers on his email inbox.

Agreed. Said it months ago. I don't see problems, I see opportunity.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think you are wrong about Anderson. Might be right about the others but you are grossly underrating Anderson. Blue Jackets traded him cause they had cap issues (we looking for center upgrades) and were trying to retain Jones which failed. Things derailed for them since that trade. And the Habs were not the only team trying to trade for Anderson.

Do you think Hughes is stupid for saying Anderson is staying unless we get pry away value?

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I think you are wrong about Anderson. Might be right about the others but you are grossly underrating Anderson. Blue Jackets traded him cause they had cap issues (we looking for center upgrades) and were trying to retain Jones which failed. Things derailed for them since that trade. And the Habs were not the only team trying to trade for Anderson.

Do you think Hughes is stupid for saying Anderson is staying unless we get pry away value?
Thanks, you make good points about Anderson, but i still maintain he won't live up to expectations, which is why i'd sell high.

I know Hughes said what he did about Anderson, but I think Hughes knows he can wait for a good offer without rushing, since Anderson not hitting free agency or becoming a RFA.

Feels good for the Habs to be in the drivers' seat and us fans being able to talk about trades and get good value.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thanks, you make good points about Anderson, but i still maintain he won't live up to expectations, which is why i'd sell high.

I know Hughes said what he did about Anderson, but I think Hughes knows he can wait for a good offer without rushing, since Anderson not hitting free agency or becoming a RFA.

Feels good for the Habs to be in the drivers' seat and us fans being able to talk about trades and get good value.

What are the expectations with Anderson? His $5.5M AAV is not a bad thing for what he provides as a middle 6F. You worried that he is inconsistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad