Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Continue here...

I can't wait to see Ben Chiarot trade.

I really like the return of Tyler Toffoli, if Habs can grab at least a 1st for Chiarot, it's a big W.

Lehkonen and Dvorak have some value too, don't be surprise if both are going to be traded. Dvorak isn't a "fast player".

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Continue here...

I can't wait to see Ben Chiarot trade.

I really like the return of Tyler Toffoli, if Habs can grab at least a 1st for Chiarot, it's a big W.

Lehkonen and Dvorak have some value too, don't be surprise if both are going to be traded. Dvorak isn't a "fast player".

Dvorak is not fast, but he is a C, and we are in short supply of those. Look at LA ti see how a team stocks up on Cs in the hopes of getting 2 top 6C. They have a bunch of Cs they grabbed with 1sts, including high 1sts.

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
Kravstov, in my opinion, is just one of those players with a potentially ridiculous ceiling. Could be well worth investing in that potential. Love his highlight pack from the K, and his forechecking in the NHL and general tenacity which was actually well above average. His first NHL goal was precipitated by some beautiful stick pressure that he singlehandedly created.

I just think he's worth rolling the dice on-- has that kind of slick touch on the ice that screams upside. Gorton might have good reason to be high on him.

(KHL PACK)

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kravstov, in my opinion, is just one of those players with a potentially ridiculous ceiling. Could be well worth investing in that potential. Love his highlight pack from the K, and his forechecking in the NHL and general tenacity which was actually well above average. His first NHL goal was precipitated by some beautiful stick pressure that he singlehandedly created.

I just think he's worth rolling the dice on-- has that kind of slick touch on the ice that screams upside. Gorton might have good reason to be high on him.

(KHL PACK)

I have no issue with Kravtsov as long as he isn’t the main piece of the deal, he has done anything since the draft that is worth passing on a 1st or top prospect like scheinder.

Reactions: yianik

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Not interested in Kravstov at all, just get the first rounder and as much else as you can grab for Chiarot. Have a strong feeling it will be Florida, but maybe Toronto tries to get him to prevent the Cats from getting better (and potentially facing them in the first round). It will be very interesting to see which team is willing to pay the price for the big fella.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I doubt they can but if they can get Lundkvist it could be a huge deal for the rebuild. In SHL he showed tremendous ability to exit the D zone and seems to have good Offensive Hockey IQ while being solid defensively.

Reactions: Archijerej

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I doubt they can but if they can get Lundkvist it could be a huge deal for the rebuild. In SHL he showed tremendous ability to exit the D zone and seems to have good Offensive Hockey IQ while being solid defensively.

Not that I believe it, but let's just say that if what was 'rumored/proposed' about NYR wanting Chiarot and Lehkonen for Kravtsov, Lundkvist, their 1st and I don't remember what else, wouldn't mind that one bit.

It's not like we'll get a top prospect for Chiarot anyway, so Schneider is out of the question (for NYR), we didn't get one for Toffoli who's cost-controlled and has a great cap hit.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

(KHL PACK)

I admittedly haven't seen much of Kravtsov. Thanks for the package. I agree with you on high ceiling. I may be completely out to lunch, but watching that package gave me Kovalev vibes.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

(KHL PACK)

Impressive highlights by the big forward but of course goal highlights will always make a player look. Still, it looks like he has great hands and poise with the puck.

I didn't follow his tenure in North America closely. Does anyone know what happened and why he went back to the KHL? Did he fall out of favour with the Rangers? Would he want to come back to NA?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I admittedly haven't seen much of Kravtsov. Thanks for the package. I agree with you on high ceiling. I may be completely out to lunch, but watching that package gave me Kovalev vibes.
I feel like he is a Corey Perry type. Better skating too. Has a good release and has the hands in tight. A big thing even from that video package. 80% of his goals were going to the net, slot, tips and coming off the wing and go to the middle of the ice for high danger shots.

Kovalev was more of a perimeter guy and on the rush. Kravtsov seems like he isn't afraid to get to the net. Dig behind the net. And find open ice even if it is going to the dirty area in front of the net.

Plus he seems to look a little bigger than 6'1 which he is listed at.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

(KHL PACK)

The announcer at the 1:40 sounds like evil, Russian Kermit the Frog. Lol.

Nice package ;)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Just get first round picks, forget about other clubs' failures. You get projects in the off-season. If you have too many picks it's sign you need to start upgrading them. The 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th of this world only pay once in a decade. If this GM can't manage his drafts better than the previous, we've gained nothing with the change. Just another lateral move by the owner.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just get first round picks, forget about other clubs' failures. You get projects in the off-season. If you have too many picks it's sign you need to start upgrading them. The 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th of this world only pay once in a decade. If this GM can't manage his drafts better than the previous, we've gained nothing with the change. Just another lateral move by the owner.

It wouldn't be smart to JUST get picks. It wouldn't be smart to JUST get prospects.

A healthy mix of both.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Impressive highlights by the big forward but of course goal highlights will always make a player look. Still, it looks like he has great hands and poise with the puck.

I didn't follow his tenure in North America closely. Does anyone know what happened and why he went back to the KHL? Did he fall out of favour with the Rangers? Would he want to come back to NA?

This is from The Athletic:

The 6-foot-3 winger flashed high-end skill and crafty passing ability with the Rangers but wasn’t able to showcase a complete package or contribute consistent production, as he notched just four points in 20 games. Furthermore, his defensive game and commitment away from the puck were glaring issues that caused New York to get dominated territorially and in terms of goals against with him on the ice.
This is where teams have to make a crucial assessment. Has Kravtsov struggled because he hasn’t been put in a position to succeed (he spent most of his 20 games on the fourth line centred by Kevin Rooney plus got no consistent power-play time) or is this a case of a player whose enticing skill will never translate consistently in an NHL environment?
On the one hand, the Rangers have a poor track record for developing forwards but on the other, Kravtsov is already 22 and still couldn’t crack an NHL lineup out of training camp

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This GM, has already done something the last didn't in 10 years............get a 1st round pick in a trade.
On the job what 3 weeks? If we gave Bergevin 10 years, surely we can give Hughie 5-6 months to show us some more of his work.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

(KHL PACK)

He's very talented and was easily one of the most skilled forwards in 2018. That said, it's sometimes tough to know who's going to be a headcase at 18. If they get him, I hope they have a solid plan for him.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It wouldn't be smart to JUST get picks. It wouldn't be smart to JUST get prospects.

A healthy mix of both.
Smart how?? Like force yourself to use your high valued assets to purchase what looks like failures? Doesn't look smart to me. Also the other club doesn't exactly look smart if they give up more value than a late first just because...

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Not that I believe it, but let's just say that if what was 'rumored/proposed' about NYR wanting Chiarot and Lehkonen for Kravtsov, Lundkvist, their 1st and I don't remember what else, wouldn't mind that one bit.

It's not like we'll get a top prospect for Chiarot anyway, so Schneider is out of the question (for NYR), we didn't get one for Toffoli who's cost-controlled and has a great cap hit.
You would be getting the equivalent of 3 first round picks for Lehkonen and Chiarot, which would be a ridiculous package and one that I assume the NYR would never be willing to give up. If you do receive those two prospects for Lehko and Chiarot, you won't have the added benefits of a first round pick on top of it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's very talented and was easily one of the most skilled forwards in 2018. That said, it's sometimes tough to know who's going to be a headcase at 18. If they get him, I hope they have a solid plan for him.

If they get him, he's obviously coming over next year. I believe I saw somewhere that he intends to come back to NA next year.

So if they do get him, I think he will be put in a better position to succeed. He'll likely be on the Top-6 and will get PP time.

He also falls into the type of style the Habs want to implement. He's fast, he's mobile, he's skilled, he has a great shot.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
My reading of Kravstov is that he can't be the main piece in a trade for Chiarot. If he is involved then I believe we will also get a 1st, if its one of their D prospects (Scheiner or Lundqvist) then no way also a 1st unless something else added on our end.

So maybe Chiarot for Kravstov and a 1st or Lundqvist and a 3rd or 2nd? I expect something like that

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Smart how?? Like force yourself to use your high valued assets to purchase what looks like failures? Doesn't look smart to me. Also the other club doesn't exactly look smart if they give up more value than a late first just because...

It is smart because you also get some players that are ahead in their development. So you don't only get picks and wait even longer for them to develop.

You get picks for players that will come in later and prospects that will come in sooner.

I have a question for you: was it dumb of Bergevin to acquire Suzuki in the trade for Pacioretty and not JUST picks? Or is it wrong of him to get Nick and he should have just gotten picks?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
You would be getting the equivalent of 3 first round picks for Lehkonen and Chiarot, which would be a ridiculous package and one that I assume the NYR would never be willing to give up. If you do receive those two prospects for Lehko and Chiarot, you won't have the added benefits of a first round pick on top of it.

That's why I said that while I wouldn't mind that one bit, that I didn't believe it.

But who knows, Kravtsov probably won't be playing for the NYR ever again anyway, Lundkvist is a late 1st, and their 1st will be late too.

Tampa Bay got Blake Coleman from NJ for Nolan Foote (late first 2019) and Vancouver's 20th overall pick in 2020, then Barclay Goodrow and SJs 3rd round pick for their own 1st and a minor leaguer, just 2 years ago.

Anything's possible for a team desperate for playoffs grit (Chiarot) and recklessness (Lehkonen).

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It is smart because you also get some players that are ahead in their development. So you don't only get picks and wait even longer for them to develop.

You get picks for players that will come in later and prospects that will come in sooner.

I have a question for you: was it dumb of Bergevin to acquire Suzuki in the trade for Pacioretty and not JUST picks? Or is it wrong of him to get Nick and he should have just gotten picks?
What is suggested here is getting guys who are behind their development. Kravstov is behind schedule, and Lunkvist at 21 is getting late also. Whenever you ask for folks ahead, like Pelletier, you get the cold shoulder or you need to work this out in the off-season. It's normal, they have a lot more value than the picks, since their club is developing them into what they need.

Ex: Suzuki was acquired in the off-season, in September, at the beginning of the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad