Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure It really change something because someone who is looking for Klingberg doesn’t necessary need someone like Chiarot and vice versa.

Agreed. Braun, Giordano, and Chiarot are similar types teams would target. Teams circle guys of target not just because they can play top 4D. It's usually team fit and the reason why the Flames made the move for Toffoli

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ya I don’t think dealing Anderson makes sense. If for no other reason than we need a guy to play with Suzuki and Caufield for those two to develop properly and Anderson makes as much sense as anyone.

Anderson ain’t going anywhere. Marty said it yesterday — he played bigger when he had Levavalier on his line. Easy to see that the same line of thinking applies to Caufield with Anderson.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some of this talk of bringing Subban back is laughable at best.

If Subban wanted to come back at a AAV we would be OK with, he's welcome with me. Will Gallagher be pissed off? Who knows but a lot of time has passed. Would Gorton/Hughes/MSL say no interest? Very possible but they are not going to laugh about it.

Provides little value to us at this stage in our reset/retool/rebuild culture. I can agree there and not sure he can be a leader younger guys would look up to. Not his style IMO. No need to laugh about it but if he was willing to sign for $2M for 2 years, why automatically say no?

Reactions: Runner77

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Start of 2022-23 Season:
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Chiarot
Harris-Savard

Trade Edmundson at the TDL for a 1st and replace with Guhle (if Laval is not playoff bound). I hope Petry changes his mind now that things are opening up. We kinda need him for a bit...

In regards to our goalie situation, I don't care who our starter is as long as Monty is the back-up.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anderson ain’t going anywhere. Marty said it yesterday — he played bigger when he had Levavalier on his line. Easy to see that the same line of thinking applies to Caufield with Anderson.

I wish the fans in our herd who were all over trading Anderson (Get rid of him narrative) would come to their senses. There were a few of them and his contract is not bad at all for prime years. This is not a dime/dozen type middle 6F. People need to come to grips with that

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Start of 2022-23 Season:
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Chiarot
Harris-Savard

Trade Edmundson at the TDL for a 1st and replace with Guhle (if Laval is not playoff bound). I hope Petry changes his mind now that things are opening up. We kinda need him for a bit...

In regards to our goalie situation, I don't care who our starter is as long as Monty is the back-up.
Even if Petry wants to stay, with all what he did this year, really not sure I want to keep him around next year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Start of 2022-23 Season:
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Chiarot
Harris-Savard

Don't think Harris is ready but there is a always a chance he shines earlier than expected. Guhle is more NHL ready than Harris is. Harris needs to learn how to play against those big NHL forwards that skate well. Probably says it will take time.

I do see value with Eddy/Petry though. Will Chiarot re-sign with us? I think once traded, he is probably gone for good.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Not sure It really change something because someone who is looking for Klingberg doesn’t necessary need someone like Chiarot and vice versa.

If a team is interested in Klingberg, it doesn't mean that they are not interested in Chiarot. A team might prefer Klingberg's offensive style of play, but they would still be happy acquiring a big physical top 4 dman like Chiarot. Basically, whichever dman gives them the best chance at winning the cup would be who they are interested in. It wouldn't be surprising if most of the teams who are in on Chiarot are also in on Klingberg.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd say Petry just became one of the most valuable assets at the TDL. How many 40+ point, big, PMRD are available?

Petry for Klingberg makes so much sense for both teams assuming he'd sign an extension with Habs.

Klingberg probably will not turn down his chance to be a UFA at his age by signing with the Habs. And he only signs if Gorton/Hughes are willing to overpay which I think is a bad move for them at this stage.

The only thing that makes sense for me is the Stars trading for Petry and then replacing the futures they use to get Petry in a Klingberg trade to someone else.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd say Petry just became one of the most valuable assets at the TDL. How many 40+ point, big, PMRD are available?

Petry for Klingberg makes so much sense for both teams assuming he'd sign an extension with Habs.

The next 3-4 weeks could significantly eradicate the albatross from the first half of the season that Petry has been shouldering.

The last 4 games are a small sample size but an astute GM will see that Petry is still who he had been in the prior 4 seasons. He’s capable of generating that same level of play, once that proverbial onion is peeled.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Don't think Harris is ready but there is a always a chance he shines earlier than expected. Guhle is more NHL ready than Harris is. Harris needs to learn how to play against those big NHL forwards that skate well. Probably says it will take time.

I do see value with Eddy/Petry though. Will Chiarot re-sign with us? I think once traded, he is probably gone for good.

I assume Harris will be given a shot, partially to get him signed in the first place.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I assume Harris will be given a shot, partially to get him signed in the first place.

He will get a shot for sure. But he's not some physical beast so I think he takes time to mature and learn how to play with less time and space. Not saying it's impossible but probability says he needs time to mature in the AHL.

Offensive and puck moving is strong. Ability to handle big forwards in front of the net and along the walls is undetermined. Most his size struggle with that.

However, maybe MSL is more open to letting them learn on the job and accepting mistakes? We will see but Norlinder will be there too and I have Harris and Norlinder close in potential. Are they good enough to leap frog Clague who is more mature? Not sure about that out of the gate.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I’m not talking about his wife to the US things, I’m talking about his play/Action (or more inaction for him) on the ice, his big lack of leadership. Not sure I want to rebuild with him around.

The guy just went from cup finals to the worst team in the league with a coach he likely hated to play for. I will give him a mulligan on this, but I don't expect everyone to feel the same. I understand.

Reactions: MadMslm

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If a team is interested in Klingberg, it doesn't mean that they are not interested in Chiarot. A team might prefer Klingberg's offensive style of play, but they would still be happy acquiring a big physical top 4 dman like Chiarot. Basically, whichever dman gives them the best chance at winning the cup would be who they are interested in. It wouldn't be surprising if most of the teams who are in on Chiarot are also in on Klingberg.
I mean someone who is searching for a offensive winger dosen’t necessary need a defensive Center, but yes teams could be looking for both but I don’t think Klingberg affect at all Chiarot value.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
He will get a shot for sure. But he's not some physical beast so I think he takes time to mature and learn how to play with less time and space. Not saying it's impossible but probability says he needs time to mature in the AHL.

Yeah, I don't expect him to play all 82 games at all. I just want to get him signed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Issue with Harris is that he will ask for certain guarantees about being able to directly play in the NHL or he won’t sign.

But, since the team is resetting/ rebuilding, shouldn’t be a problem.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Start of 2022-23 Season:
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Chiarot
Harris-Savard

I’d roll

Eddy-Petry
Romy-Savard (not a savard fan, but is a stay at home guy who could allow Romanov to start taking more offensive chances)
??????????

lots of options for the 3rd pairing. I wouldn’t mind bringing Kulak back, he’s just such a bargain. Can play him with one of the young guns. With Schneider looking so good for NY, wouldn’t mind seeing Guhle compete for a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad