Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We don't know. We can only guess on where the Price road leads. I have more faith in him than others but yeah, I was shocked to see Weber go on LTIR too. Even if Price plays 50-60 games, it still hurts the rebuild. I'll believe it when I see it.... Price is no longer a top 10 goalie when he is back on the ice.
Maybe you don't lol

If we are not able to move guys with term out (Fans dream like you want to call it), we are in for a rough ride in the middle of the pack. Probability is low to exit that as a contender. So yeah, stay conservative if you wish but that will not be a true rebuild and probably (based in NHL history) indicates it leads us to another bubble team core.
Stay conservative?

Why do you come up with scenarios on your own, and then pass them off as mine?

I haven't even discussed a rebuild at all lol.

Price on LTIR for the rest of the contract? Possible but personally, I have my doubts on that.
I thin he'll be on LTIR before his contract runs out. We can revisit this.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Dman are really tough to acquire. Probably one of the reason Jeff Petry would be trade quicker than we think. Most of the time they aren’t on the market, teams are keeping them…

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free

Friedman saying St. Louis are aggressive to get Chiarot. But they are not the only ones.

It's amazing how such a shit team have so many GMs interested in their highly valuable players.

At this rate, we might come out of 2022 TDL with 3-4 1st round picks and a couple of quality prospects.

Like Gorton said, there are a lot of player on this team that hold some value. Mission accomplished if they can manage to move some contracts and get some quality prospect and picks in return. That would be great for the rebuild.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe you don't lol

Stay conservative?

Why do you come up with scenarios on your own, and then pass them off as mine?

I haven't even discussed a rebuild at all lol.

I thin he'll be on LTIR before his contract runs out. We can revisit this.

You don't know either. If Price don't know, you don't know. Your guess is as good as mine but you can pretend that your guess is a better guess.

Yes, I think that if we don't make tough decisions now (this season/off season) and we are conservative, the struggles continue and at best, we become another bubble team.

Reactions: BLONG7

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I'm fine with moving all of Gallagher, Anderson, Edmundson, and Savard next year.

This year Chiarot, Lehkonen, Toffoli, Kulak, Wideman, and Petry is enough to move.
i mean i guess it depends on the offers we receive but i would like to keep Edmundson and Anderson we do need vets but Gallagher i would move maybe theres some GMs that still value hes style and has for Savard i dont think hes worth much i know he fetched a 1st last year but i think we get a 3rd maybe a late 2nd for him now

Reactions: Vachon23 and 26Mats

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
It's amazing how such a shit team have so many GMs interested in their highly valuable players.

At this rate, we might come out of 2022 TDL with 3-4 1st round picks and a couple of quality prospects.

Like Gorton said, there are a lot of player on this team that hold some value. Mission accomplished if they can manage to move some contracts and get some quality prospect and picks in return. That would be great for the rebuild.

I’d prefer to get an extra pick in 2022 and try to accumulate 2023 picks for the rest though if possible

Reactions: vokiel

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You don't know either. If Price don't know, you don't know. Your guess is as good as mine but you can pretend that your guess is a better guess.
Hmmm... clearly you forgot, but a few weeks ago when you were talking about the historic trade scenario of retaining 50% on a Price trade, I told you that Price has chronic knee & hip issues...he had meniscus surgery in the offseason, a fairly minor knee surgery that takes about 8-12 weeks to recover in the worst scenario.

He had that surgery in the summer...it's January 31st and he's still not sure when he's coming back.

Put 2 and 2 together, maybe my guess...isn't a guess at all.

Yes, I think that if we don't make tough decisions now (this season/off season) and we are conservative, the struggles continue and at best, we become another bubble team.
So YOU think that...glad we cleared that up.

Because you keep saying I'm saying that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hmmm... clearly you forgot, but a few weeks ago when you were talking about the historic trade scenario of retaining 50% on a Price trade, I told you that Price has chronic knee & hip issues...he had meniscus surgery in the offseason, a fairly minor knee surgery that takes about 8-12 weeks to recover in the worst scenario.

He had that surgery in the summer...it's January 31st and he's still not sure when he's coming back.

Put 2 and 2 together, maybe my guess...isn't a guess at all.

So YOU think that...glad we cleared that up.

Because you keep saying I'm saying that.

Sure you said that but I also said Price needs to be healthy again. I won't take things out of context if you don't :sarcasm:. Don't twist or spin it with this narrative that I think Price is 100% coming back. I have confidence he will but it's not 100%.

Reactions: 417

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'd make sure to get a few 2023 picks too. Not just pile up 2022 picks.

And we can think players values are at an all time low, it's not always the case.

Galchenyuk's value was low. He got us Domi, who had a 72 point season. And the year after, when he value was low, he still got us Anderson.

Pacioretty had the worst season as a Hab. He still got us Suzuki, Tatar, and a 2nd.

What we consider having a low value isn't how the other teams see it.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I’d prefer to get an extra pick in 2022 and try to accumulate 2023 picks for the rest though if possible
Don’t think many GM gonna give their 2023 on a transaction…. Crazy how standings can be different from a season to another.. just here, to compete for the stanley cup last season to the basement.

Reactions: Doc5

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
C64F152F-5411-4EEA-AD9D-31C14F7C0F0B.jpeg

In case any of you cared, here Montreal about a week ago from my flight deck at FL360….I can almost see the Bell Center :D

If anyone wants a pic of their town, let me k ow by DM and I’ll post

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Don’t think many GM gonna give their 2023 on a transaction…. Crazy how standings can be different from a season to another.. just here, to compete for the stanley cup last season to the basement.

Exactly why I think Hughes should push for 2023 picks when possible

Reactions: Hins77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sure you said that but I also said Price needs to be healthy again. I won't take things out of context if you don't :sarcasm:. Don't twist or spin it with this narrative that I think Price is 100% coming back. I have confidence he will but it's not 100%.
I didn't take anything out of context...You said you hope Price needs to be healthy again.

I'm telling, he's never going to be 100% again, it's about managing the pain and managing his starts. That's the only way he's going to be able to play again when he feels good enough to play.

Reactions: jaffy27

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
How about we trade Petry and sign Chariot we can't get rid of everyone we need veteran players for our younger core.

I've thought about this as well. I'd say it depends on each player's relative value in a trade.

Getting rid of Chiarot at the TDL, then Petry in the offseason, would seemingly have to follow with a FA signing or trade for a veteran Dman. Or both, we'd be incredibly thin at D, considering were already thin.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't mind one bit if we traded Gally, Petry etc for 1st in the 2023 draft and worked on Chiarot, Lehkonen for 2022 1sts. Get multiple 1st rounders in consecutive years is a great way to build through the draft. Not that any of us are used to it because Bergevin NEVER got multiple 1st in any of his years as GM.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

They made the cup finals last year. NEVER underestimate GMs obsession with players able to help them through the playoffs.

Reactions: MrNasty

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't mind one bit if we traded Gally, Petry etc for 1st in the 2023 draft and worked on Chiarot, Lehkonen for 2022 1sts. Get multiple 1st rounders in consecutive years is a great way to build through the draft. Not that any of us are used to it because Bergevin NEVER got multiple 1st in any of his years as GM.
With 3 first in next 2 drafts would speed up rebuilding program

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
LeBrun: Kent Hughes's plan for the Canadiens is beginning to take shape

"Petry, 34, has had a rough year, but his reputation around the league remains strong, a Western Conference team executive telling me the other day they still view him as the player from before this season. That executive’s team would have zero hesitation stepping up for him if they had that need on their team.

This is good because I don’t think the Canadiens intend to deal Petry at a discount if, in fact, they end up moving him at all."
Good read thanks for posting

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

they did watch him play last playoffs, and they know this year team being toxic dont represent what he can do come playoff time.
To add to that, where will they find that type of dmen on a contract they can fit under their tight cap and that is expiring

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I would go for Petry for Zachary LHeureux (C draft 1st (27))

Nashville have cap space, no issue cap wise next year, Centers sign for 4 and 5 years and are competing.

Their 1st RD is Fabbro, so they could use depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad