Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread -- Expect the Unexpected June 2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I planned this last night. Posted it on the other trade thread, but re-posting here for you.

Montreal Canadiens (CAP $70.83m)

FORWARDS ($37.36m)
Kovalchuk - Galchenyuk - Radulov (6.25+5.5+6.25 = 18m)
Panarin - Reinhart - Drouin (6+.894+5.5 = 12.4m)
Byron - Danault - Lehkonen (1.17+.912+.84 = 2.92m)
Hudon - Mitchell - McCarron (.65+1.2+.863 = 2.71m)
Martinsen - Terry (.675+.65 = 1.33m)

DEFENSE ($25.91m)
Markov - Weber (5+7.86 = 12.86m)
Hjalmarsson - Petry (4.1+5.5 = 9.6m)
Jerabek - Benn (.925+1.1 = 2.03m)
Davidson (1.425m)

GOALTENDING ($7.56m)
Price (6.5m)
Montoya (1.06m)

Trades:
MTL: Reinhart
BUF: Gallagher + Shaw + Beaulieu + 2nd 2017 (WSH)

MTL: Panarin + Hjalmarsson
CHI: Pacioretty + Lernout + 1st 2018 + 2nd 2017

MTL: Kovalchuk (rights)
NJD: 1st 2017

MTL: (expansion exempt)
VGK: Plekanec + Emelin + 3rd 2017

There will be complications with the cap in the following years, but start off like this & play it by ear.

I actually saw these lines and loved them. Only problem is I don't think we can get Kovalchuk with a pick from this year. I thought if he was going to be signed and traded it would have to happen after the draft.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
They need to at least pick up 1 top 6 center this summer if not 2. Even a Sam Gagner, just somebody competent enough to play with skilled players. Drouin should be a winger.

I agree Drouin should be a winger. And I also agree we should pick up a C as a free agent.

I guess I'm just worried we trade away Galchenyuk for someone that is not worth it.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Seriously, while a Galchenyuk vs. Brodin deal is very good for the Habs value-Wise, it makes no sense in Montreal's context AND that's still a lot to give considering the Wild's position about protection and all.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
We cannot keep all thoses wingers(if we sign Radulov), it doesn't make any sense.....

Pacioretty
Drouin
Radulov
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Shaw
Byron
Hudon

We absolutely need to trade someone for a Center or LHD.

Jul 6, 2016
Seriously, while a Galchenyuk vs. Brodin deal is very good for the Habs value-Wise, it makes no sense in Montreal's context AND that's still a lot to give considering the Wild's position about protection and all.

????....

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Sigh...

How can anyone defend something that has NOT HAPPENED????

We're dealing in hypotheticals here. You can certainly imagine a situation, and then see whether you would defend it or be against it.

Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean you can't explore it as a hypothetical.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Steady, low maintenance, top pairing, untapped offensive upside, young, long term deal on a pretty good contract...... Might mean that the team can afford Radulov if Galchenyuk's demands are unreasonable. Galchenyuk is not without his flaws. He's not half as dangerous at wing, but he's missing half of the skill requirements to play centre. He's had two major knee surgeries and it's obvious there are some off ice issues there too. It can be reasoned out. Not sexy or ideal, but it might be what it costs to get a long term 2D.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We're dealing in hypotheticals here. You can certainly imagine a situation, and then see whether you would defend it or be against it.

Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean you can't explore it as a hypothetical.

It's a tough concept, I think I'm going back to sleep now.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
We cannot keep all thoses wingers(if we sign Radulov), it doesn't make any sense.....

Pacioretty
Drouin
Radulov
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Shaw
Byron
Hudon

We absolutely need to trade someone for a Center or LHD.

Would you lose sleep if they took somebody like Byron or Shaw? Radulov is UFA doesn't need to be protected. Why do you think he hasn't been extended yet?

I don't believe for one second the drama around that they are waiting to resign him later so they don't expose or protect him

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ok.

Would you defend it if it happened? Just wondering.

I would not like such a trade no...

I'm also not going to convince myself it will because it's being talked about by Habs fans with an overactive imagination either.

Just don't get what the point of losing ones mind over something that hasn't happened and is born out of pure paranoia over a GM who most PERCEIVE as incompetent.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
People here would be mad if he's trade for Brodin but it would be okay if the return is Hanifin???? Why?

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010

Pacioretty
Drouin
Radulov
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Shaw
Byron
Hudon

We absolutely need to trade someone for a Center or LHD.[/QUOTE

Its going to be Galchenyuk Isn't it?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Thing is it's not being explored as a hypothetical anymore

It's being discussed as a foregone conclusion

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Without the draft value wise it's somewhat fair.

But considering the draft and considering GA is not our problem the trade doesn't make any sense for us. We have no problem protecting AG. We should expose either Plekanec or Shaw. Losing any of them might actually be a good thing.

If we get Brodin we are likely to lose Beaulieu. While Brodin is better defensively and more consistent than Beaulieu the fact remains that offensively speaking it's not an upgrade. So basically it's like trading AG+Beaulieu protection slot for Drouin and Brodin. Offensively speaking it's not an upgrade and it's where we must upgrade the team. It's also not an upgrade cap hit wise.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You were the one bashing someone for saying that a 13-point defenseman wasn't needed and to look at Pittsburgh's success without a single top-line defenseman. So I'll bounce it back to you: what the **** is wrong with you?

How does that work? Do you choose 1 word per post and reply to it? You really didn't get the "you don't need any defenceman to win 'cause Pittsbugh had none"? You couldn't make the link between my reply and THAT statement? So why did we get Weber for Subban? Do we really need Markov? What type of freakin analysis is that? So Pittsburgh won without D's, we need no D's! But when Chicago won with Keith and Seabrook...we NEED D'S!!! So you and your pal are actually using the team that win the cup year after year to know what you need the following?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
And WTF, in a world where Taylor Hall fetches Adam Larsson, Alex Galchenyuk absolutely fetches Jonas Brodin. Come on.

Jul 6, 2016
Steady, low maintenance, top pairing, untapped offensive upside, young, long term deal on a pretty good contract...... Might mean that the team can afford Radulov if Galchenyuk's demands are unreasonable. Galchenyuk is not without his flaws. He's not half as dangerous at wing, but he's missing half of the skill requirements to play centre. He's had two major knee surgeries and it's obvious there are some off ice issues there too. It can be reasoned out. Not sexy or ideal, but it might be what it costs to get a long term 2D.

Brodin, so far has played second pairing behind Suter. How will he do playing top-pairing with Weber ?

Galchy is a huge puzzle for me. For the habs management too , I guess. Which one will show next training camp ? The one who finished strong in 2016 and started great last Fall... Or the one that looks lazy and uninterested and out of shape, and unable play play center, we saw the last three months of the season ?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People here would be mad if he's trade for Brodin but it would be okay if the return is Hanifin???? Why?

Are you really asking?

Hanifin is 20 years old. He is far from his prime years. Brodin is 23. He's getting close to them. Brodin could still progress and become a Vlasic but at this point it's a lot less likely than Hanifin progressing to become a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad