Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread -- Expect the Unexpected June 2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Enough with this. Enough with the "one team won that way, let's copy". Who is our Crosby? Malkin? Who in the playoffs has proven to be as key as even Guentzel? So it's not even how the same a player is...it's how the same they bring it when it counts. So if we will be a little less dynamic offensively, you need to compensate elsewhere. Nashville was 2 games away from winning with the worst centermen line in the history of the sport. Did that mean that suddenly Pittsburgh should have traded Crosby and Malkin?

Preach. There's no one way to win a hockey game.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if MB said he was done. Re-sign Galchenyuk-Radulov-Markov. Go into next season with the team we have now.

Pick up a rental D or/and C at the deadline.

Would it be that bad?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if MB said he was done. Re-sign Galchenyuk-Radulov-Markov. Go into next season with the team we have now.

Would it be that bad?

Yes it would be bad. The holes are way too big.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010

Would it be that bad?

They need to at least pick up 1 top 6 center this summer if not 2. Even a Sam Gagner, just somebody competent enough to play with skilled players. Drouin should be a winger.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well... Hmm... Let's see....

Why were we a first-round exit in the playoffs this season?

Is it because of defense? No.

Is it because of Galchenyuk? No.

Is it because we have no centers? Getting warmer.

Is it because we don't have enough scoring? DING DING DING!

But nah, let's go by your logic and trade away Galchenyuk who at least had 3 points during the playoffs (more than our ghastly captain) and acquire some random ****ing defenseman who won't add a single thing necessary to our team.

DING DING DING.....if you would have followed the same thread that you are writing it, you would have seen that I would NOT like to see a Galchenyuk vs Brodin deal. Read instead of just trying to bash people...:shakehead What the **** is wrong with you?

void

Jan 5, 2006
Not sure how I'd feel about giving Galchenyuk for Brodin one on one.

It would be awful on so many levels. Brodin is good but his value is nowhere near Galchenyuk's, imo. If Minnesota pulls that off then it would be a massive steal.

Jul 6, 2016
Brodin for Galchnyuk would be an absolutely awful trade, how can anyone defend that?

One for One= awful

Brodin + Coyle or Niederreiter for Galchy + pick or one of our AHL guy, or even Mccarron or DLR ? yes

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
How would we sign Radulov, Markov and Chucky?

I planned this last night. Posted it on the other trade thread, but re-posting here for you.

Montreal Canadiens (CAP $70.83m)

FORWARDS ($37.36m)
Kovalchuk - Galchenyuk - Radulov (6.25+5.5+6.25 = 18m)
Panarin - Reinhart - Drouin (6+.894+5.5 = 12.4m)
Byron - Danault - Lehkonen (1.17+.912+.84 = 2.92m)
Hudon - Mitchell - McCarron (.65+1.2+.863 = 2.71m)
Martinsen - Terry (.675+.65 = 1.33m)

DEFENSE ($25.91m)
Markov - Weber (5+7.86 = 12.86m)
Hjalmarsson - Petry (4.1+5.5 = 9.6m)
Jerabek - Benn (.925+1.1 = 2.03m)
Davidson (1.425m)

GOALTENDING ($7.56m)
Price (6.5m)
Montoya (1.06m)

Trades:
MTL: Reinhart
BUF: Gallagher + Shaw + Beaulieu + 2nd 2017 (WSH)

MTL: Panarin + Hjalmarsson
CHI: Pacioretty + Lernout + 1st 2018 + 2nd 2017

MTL: Kovalchuk (rights)
NJD: 1st 2017

MTL: (expansion exempt)
VGK: Plekanec + Emelin + 3rd 2017

There will be complications with the cap in the following years, but start off like this & play it by ear.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We lost vs the rangers even tho we didnt let more than 1.8 goals/game

so yeah def are not needed

Yeah, no need for a D.....I mean Markov is clearly getting younger. Petry is such a great d-man. And then...what? Oh and Sergachev won't be..forget it. So Brett Lernout will come and save the day? Yeah, no need for D's...

This team has MORE holes than what people like to see. So we NEED D's. But NOT at the expense of a Galchenyuk which is what I'm also saying. But people in here can only read 1 word per post...

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Well... Hmm... Let's see....

Why were we a first-round exit in the playoffs this season?

Is it because of defense? No.

Is it because of Galchenyuk? No.

Is it because we have no centers? Getting warmer.

Is it because we don't have enough scoring? DING DING DING!

But nah, let's go by your logic and trade away Galchenyuk who at least had 3 points during the playoffs (more than our ghastly captain) and acquire some random ****ing defenseman who won't add a single thing necessary to our team.

How many goal did Galchenyuk again? (put a YES there cause that the think he is doing good... if he don't...

Not enough scoring, I'm with you all the way, shoot shoot shoot and not score... Put Galchy is part of the problem big time... he is worst then Patch on this aspect in the last 2 playoff round. He did nothing, nada.

He is not a playoff guy, that's becoming clear

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
DING DING DING.....if you would have followed the same thread that you are writing it, you would have seen that I would NOT like to see a Galchenyuk vs Brodin deal. Read instead of just trying to bash people...:shakehead What the **** is wrong with you?

You were the one bashing someone for saying that a 13-point defenseman wasn't needed and to look at Pittsburgh's success without a single top-line defenseman. So I'll bounce it back to you: what the **** is wrong with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad