HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No he won't, his career high is 65. Soft player with a poor attitude, don't want.
He put up 60 and 65 pts in his first 2 seasons with no help(except Terry). Injured most of this season. As long as he is given good linemates 80 should be a given. The only question should be does he have the right attitude (willingness to play a complete game).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He put up 60 and 65 pts in his first 2 seasons with no help(except Terry). Injured most of this season. As long as he is given good linemates 80 should be a given. The only question should be does he have the right attitude (willingness to play a complete game).

That's what people thought about Drouin.. these types of players produce less when they aren't given every opportunity to squeeze points out of them, that's why his production fell this year. The supporting cast got better and needed this opportunities and he couldn't create without being handed o zone starts, the puck in every situation, the main point on the PP etc.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That's what people thought about Drouin.. these types of players produce less when they aren't given every opportunity to squeeze points out of them, that's why his production fell this year. The supporting cast got better and needed this opportunities and he couldn't create without being handed o zone starts, the puck in every situation, the main point on the PP etc.
His production fell because he didn't play many games. He is a far better player than Drouin. If he was on MacKinnon's wing he is a 90 pter. Don't know if he s a winner but he will put up points.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
His production fell because he didn't play many games. He is a far better player than Drouin. If he was on MacKinnon's wing he is a 90 pter. Don't know if he s a winner but he will put up points.

He was on pace for ~40 points. The games thing didn't matter at all, he was atrocious before he got hurt and when he came back he was somewhat better but still nothing great.

He's a regretful move if we make it.

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013

We need to explore more than only the point production to understand if the guys can still be VALUABLE and EFFECTIVE in a contending team. Take example with us, Max Domi hit 72 points and Drouin 53pts if I can remember well and we where glad they are somewhere else because you don't win with that kind of guy if you pay them the big bucks in the big spot.

Everyone can produce with ice time and opportunity, Jesse Belanger once hit 57 points playing for a Florida expansion team and Craig Conroy hitting the sixty points playing with Iginla; points are not everything. Zegras will always put points on board whenever he play but we don't need to be blind by that production and look at the player habits if he fits in the team we try to built.

Talent wise every teams will take look at Zegras and a team like Montreal in the past would jump on that guy at every price but building a contender with what we already have in place, like Caufield and Hutson, I really doubt they will go that way. Remember we need goals since forever and they have not taken Matvei Michkov when they have the chance to do it, I just don't see Montreal paid a big price for a soft playmaker when they looking for goals and size. Zegras will add you some goals because of his playmaking skills but it's not what they target!

I would not touch Zegras with a ten foot pole with some red flags and future contract negociations. Nothing against him but only my thought; for me its Drouin 2.0 all over again even if it's better than Drouin. This guy would be the most talented player this franchise would never have in terms of pure skills but I will put my bucks somewhere else and ready to paid more assets for the next target to avoid him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
We need to explore more than only the point production to understand if the guys can still be VALUABLE and EFFECTIVE in a contending team. Take example with us, Max Domi hit 72 points and Drouin 53pts if I can remember well and we where glad they are somewhere else because you don't win with that kind of guy if you pay them the big bucks in the big spot.

Everyone can produce with ice time and opportunity, Jesse Belanger once hit 57 points playing for a Florida expansion team and Craig Conroy hitting the sixty points playing with Iginla; points are not everything. Zegras will always put points on board whenever he play but we don't need to be blind by that production and look at the player habits if he fits in the team we try to built.

Talent wise every teams will take look at Zegras and a team like Montreal in the past would jump on that guy at every price but building a contender with what we already have in place, like Caufield and Hutson, I really doubt they will go that way. Remember we need goals since forever and they have not taken Matvei Michkov when they have the chance to do it, I just don't see Montreal paid a big price for a soft playmaker when they looking for goals and size. Zegras will add you some goals because of his playmaking skills but it's not what they target!

I would not touch Zegras with a ten foot pole with some red flags and future contract negociations. Nothing against him but only my thought; for me its Drouin 2.0 all over again even if it's better than Drouin. This guy would be the most talented player this franchise would never have in terms of pure skills but I will put my bucks somewhere else and ready to paid more assets for the next target to avoid him.
Agreed that they need a goal scorer. If they add a goal scorer in the draft they can afford to add Zegras for a fair price if nothing else materializes. And as others have said Hughes will know if Zegras fits what he is trying to build.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
one tweet on a trade thought.. not a rumor

In Montreal:
Trevor Zegras

In Anaheim:
Logan Mailloux
1st round 2024 (Winnipeg pick)
Anaheim says no. Last thing they need is a dman. A late 1st doesn’t get Trevor! The only reason people keep proposing Logan in trades are because of his past

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No way habs trade their 2024 1st pick for Zegras.

No way Anaheim accepts a late 1st like Winnipeg's.

The only way i see Habs get Zegras is if they use their 2025 1st and Ana think that pick will be top 10. And we would need to add on top of the pick. D prospect and F prospect.

So i would propose :

Habs 2025 1st (top 2 protected)
Mesar
One of Barron/harris/Struble/Engstrom

Anahaiem would probably ask for Beck instead of Mesar.

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
Anaheim says no. Last thing they need is a dman. A late 1st doesn’t get Trevor! The only reason people keep proposing Logan in trades are because of his past
Or maybe because Verbeek said he needs a top4 RHD and we won't part with Reinbacher ?
1714071894448.png

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Anderson + Harris/Barron + WPG 1st is going to get beaten to death in the lead up the draft

Is it enough for someone like Farabee? Some rumors that Farabee is on the outs in Philly, and Anderson played well under Torts before

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No way habs trade their 2024 1st pick for Zegras.

No way Anaheim accepts a late 1st like Winnipeg's.

The only way i see Habs get Zegras is if they use their 2025 1st and Ana think that pick will be top 10. And we would need to add on top of the pick. D prospect and F prospect.

So i would propose :

Habs 2025 1st (top 2 protected)
Mesar
One of Barron/harris/Struble/Engstrom

Anahaiem would probably ask for Beck instead of Mesar.
No chance. Montreal's 1st is not available. Mesar, Barron and the Jets 1st should be enough.

Last edited:

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
They have a bunch of d prospects which they spent 1st round picks on and have money to spend. It’s literally why they felt comfortable trading a young Dman to Philly.
I think otherwise. Gauthier is litterally why they traded a Dman to Philly.
Why would Verbeek say that if he wasn't looking to replace Drysdale at top4 RD ?

The only asset of value that fits their need and would be available for Zegras is Mailloux, this is why he is always brought up.

I think Mailloux + WPG 1st makes some sense if they soured on Zegras.
With Mailloux added, this is significantly better than a late first as an offer. His NHL readiness makes him the main piece of the deal.

We can play Barron as a stopgap until we find better through the draft, and even cross our fingers he blossoms late with reps.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Zegras is reminding me a lot of Mikael Granlund. Granlund got overhyped because he scored a lacrosse goal at the World Juniors, showed a lot of flash and made some highlight reel plays, however at best he's shown to be a 60ish point guy, one dimensional player who isn't someone you build around if you want to win in the playoffs.

I'd say Zegras has higher offensive potential than Granlund, but this isn't a guy you want to end up signing for $8M+ a year in their prime when your goal is to win a Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Expos94

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I think otherwise. Gauthier is litterally why they traded a Dman to Philly.
Why would Verbeek say that if he wasn't looking to replace Drysdale at top4 RD ?

The only asset of value that fits their need and would be available for Zegras is Mailloux, this is why he is always brought up.

I think Mailloux + WPG 1st makes some sense if they soured on Zegras.
With Mailloux added, this is significantly better than a late first as an offer. His NHL readiness makes him the main piece of the deal.

We can play Barron as a stopgap until we find better through the draft, and even cross our fingers he blossoms late with reps.
Anaheim won’t accept this. Logan’s value to Montreal is different compared to other teams not wanting him / dealing with public relations nightmare. There’s a reason a lot of fans on this board put him in trade rumors

Furthermore, a late 1st from the jets would mean nothing to Anaheim

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Zegras is reminding me a lot of Mikael Granlund. Granlund got overhyped because he scored a lacrosse goal at the World Juniors, showed a lot of flash and made some highlight reel plays, however at best he's shown to be a 60ish point guy, one dimensional player who isn't someone you build around if you want to win in the playoffs.

I'd say Zegras has higher offensive potential than Granlund, but this isn't a guy you want to end up signing for $8M+ a year in their prime when your goal is to win a Stanley Cup.
What the hell has the Michigan got to do with anything. He had already had 2 60+ seasons before he attempted it. I rated him at the top of his draft because he was good at all areas of offense.
as I have said there is the only question is whether he is a winner. He was taking a lot of stupid penalties. Was that frustration at his garbage team or immaturity. Hughes will know.

Reactions: Pat Riot

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
2 busts and a late 1st, irresistible
It's not supposed to be irresistible. That is the sort of offer that should be made. Mesar is not a bust. Barron might be if he lacks hockey sense. Maybe Farrell would interest them if Barron doesn't. If someone offers more they can have him.

Anaheim won’t accept this. Logan’s value to Montreal is different compared to other teams not wanting him / dealing with public relations nightmare. There’s a reason a lot of fans on this board put him in trade rumors

Furthermore, a late 1st from the jets would mean nothing to Anaheim
He is put in trade proposals because he has a lot of value. There is a reason that the late 1st is only part of the deal (and it may be as high as 22nd). I suspect if the Ducks wanted to move Zegras they would be very interested in a Mailloux and late 1st offer.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Zegras is not the player I would target. If we are going to willy nilly toss around 1st round picks we might as well go big or go home and OS Byfield 10m+ and go from there. Zegras does nothing for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad