HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
does anyone see CAR dealing with MTL?
I mean MB is gone - but i'm still so grouchy about the 2006 playoff series that i've deleted them from my phone.
I don’t see why not, since as you mentioned, MB is no longer there. Only trading hurdle appears to be with the Rangers on account of the bad blood with Gorton as was widely reported last year.

I believe that before he was named Habs GM, Hughes had cultivated relationships of trust with several management individuals on other teams — that would likely presuppose he’d have no issue dealing with Carolina.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
If they go for a reclamation prospect, i think Kakko is a possible target.

Buit i think they start trageting players that are more known commodities. So i guess Necas fits the bill.
Necas, Zegras or Mercer while interesting option would cost quite a bit. They all proven in the past that they could perform in the NHL and none of these team will part ways with them cheap.

I would pass on Kakko as a primary target. I would try to aim for a player that have more offensive upside. If Kakko can be had cheap-ish then maybe, but he's got the upside of a good 3rd liners and I want more top end offensive talent.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
And where does Primeau go???

0dad72dd-7421-4298-ab01-7892af136a03_4_5005_c-1.jpeg

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Necas, Zegras or Mercer while interesting option would cost quite a bit. They all proven in the past that they could perform in the NHL and none of these team will part ways with them cheap.

I would pass on Kakko as a primary target. I would try to aim for a player that have more offensive upside. If Kakko can be had cheap-ish then maybe, but he's got the upside of a good 3rd liners and I want more top end offensive talent.
Here’s a good start to where Hughes can start looking.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So if we are expecting Kent to pull a Dach, Newhook trade at this draft we need a team that has the same circumstances that made Newhook and Dach available......Any ideas?
Dorofeyev, Poulin, Chatfield, Dellandrea, Blais, one of the CBJ boys... A lot of possible name. A lot of potential to shore up the bottom 6, not much for top 6.

Chatfield would be my main target.

Reactions: CHarlie

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wonder about Barrett Hayton as a potential target.
23 years old, upcoming RFA - would fit Hughes pattern of acquiring young guys like this (dach, newhook). We have excess D and Salt Lake City appears to not have a lot going on for D.
just a thought.
I can't see it. Hayton is mid line player. Habs deep in them. Montreal would be looking at high scoring winget

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
We need to add offense its not a secret, they need to acquire at least one top 6 player this offseason, its got to be either a younger guy that fits with our core group’s age, between 21-24 or i would also look at the possibility to sign a stop gap for 1 year, maybe a guy like Victor Arvidsson who played only 18 games this year. If your not competing for a playoff spot at the TDL you’ll receive good assets for him.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
We need to add offense its not a secret, they need to acquire at least one top 6 player this offseason, its got to be either a younger guy that fits with our core group’s age, between 21-24 or i would also look at the possibility to sign a stop gap for 1 year, maybe a guy like Victor Arvidsson who played only 18 games this year. If your not competing for a playoff spot at the TDL you’ll receive good assets for him.
Yup
Need scoring

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I had the same thought for Arvidsson, good stop gap and go for a bigger bang next year when there is cap space coming off the books (plus something will be done with Anderson at this time imo) and we become closer to the final mature team we will have to compete.

Reactions: Simarino

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Dorofeyev, Poulin, Chatfield, Dellandrea, Blais, one of the CBJ boys... A lot of possible name. A lot of potential to shore up the bottom 6, not much for top 6.

Chatfield would be my main target.
Dorofeyev won't be available. The rest are of no use. I'd rather get a Rempe to play on the 4th line and beat the crap out of anyone who looks sideways at any of the Habs top players.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Hes not a more complete player. That's just Habs media propaganda to make you guys feel better. He's never going to be good two-way. In fact, he's getting heavily exposed playing with the other two.

I'm not throwing him away, of course, but I believe his value is only going down, if we can upgrade the RD, 2nd line C or first line with him +, I'd do it.
His two-way play does not concern me. When I first saw him in the U18s I was blown away by three aspects of his game.
1) His ability to find open space in the offensive zone.
2) The rapidity with which he released his shot.
3) The pinpoint accuracy of his shot.

Of late he has been unable to maintain the high level of those three aspects. That concerns me. I don't know if it has to do with coming back from shoulder surgery or the league getting a book on him. When I saw him as a junior I was certain he would be a perennial 40 goal scorer. Maybe once the Habs build a proper offensive second line it would take some of the pressure off our first line. Maybe moving him onto the second line with Dach is another option.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I'm certainly in minority here but I would trade Winnipeg 1st in order to drop Gallagher or Anderson contract.

Also maybe Dvorak to SJ or Chicago for future consideration?
We received a 1st for one year of Monahan, its gonna cost alot more imo to get rid of Gallagher or Andy for 3 years

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
His two-way play does not concern me. When I first saw him in the U18s I was blown away by three aspects of his game.
1) His ability to find open space in the offensive zone.
2) The rapidity with which he released his shot.
3) The pinpoint accuracy of his shot.

Of late he has been unable to maintain the high level of those three aspects. That concerns me. I don't know if it has to do with coming back from shoulder surgery or the league getting a book on him. When I saw him as a junior I was certain he would be a perennial 40 goal scorer. Maybe once the Habs build a proper offensive second line it would take some of the pressure off our first line. Maybe moving him onto the second line with Dach is another option.
That's the point I'm making. I don't care about his defensive play if he's the caufield I think he can be. I care about his short comings if he's this Caufield we've seen this past year. He was just not dynamic enough offensively to swing the other aspects he does not provide. Teams have lived with unidimensional players, and some have even thrived. Kuznetsov is 2019, Mcdavid, Drai, Price, Matthews, Kucherov, Connor, etc all have fairly "uni" dimensional impact, but that dimension is so overwhelming that.. really who cares? Cole isn't there at all.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad