HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Dach? Newhook? Demidov? Roy?

It's more than the shoulder. He's been making shit decisions and he's costing a lot of puck possession. He's just not as smart as we thought he was.

I'd seriously explore the trade avenue while his value is still high. The last thing we want is to fall in love with players and not see beyond their qualities . The end goal is at least a cup and I'm not sure Caufield is that essential.
Over-reaction.
Is your memory that short that you forgot how instrumental Caufield was in getting us to the Cup finals in 2021?

I keep Caufield and move him to our second line to shelter him way before trading him. We have evidence he produced really well with Dach on the 1st line last year.

He didn't have a perfect year but he's a far more complete player, dual-threat type guy.
Like most of our top players, his numbers will be shinier once our PP starts being dangerous again.
Most of the league's snipers make brain-dead plays routinely, especially when they're young and figuring out what works and what doesn't. Blame it on over-exposure to the PowerDonkey.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Over-reaction.
Is your memory that short that you forgot how instrumental Caufield was in getting us to the Cup finals in 2021?

I keep Caufield and move him to our second line to shelter him way before trading him. We have evidence he produced really well with Dach on the 1st line last year.

He didn't have a perfect year but he's a far more complete player, dual-threat type guy.
Like most of our top players, his numbers will be shinier once our PP starts being dangerous again.
Most of the league's snipers make brain-dead plays routinely, especially when they're young and figuring out what works and what doesn't. Blame it on over-exposure to the PowerDonkey.
Hes not a more complete player. That's just Habs media propaganda to make you guys feel better. He's never going to be good two-way. In fact, he's getting heavily exposed playing with the other two.

I'm not throwing him away, of course, but I believe his value is only going down, if we can upgrade the RD, 2nd line C or first line with him +, I'd do it.

Reactions: Vachon23

Spacehabs

Mar 3, 2020
To Montreal : Jack Quinn

To Buffalo : 1st WPG 2024, 2e COL 2024 Jordan Harris

Reason : Quinn got a huge injury and Buffalo got couple small players they think can be as good with Zach Benson, Matthew Savoie and Jiri Kulich. Does it make sense ?

• Haha
Reactions: sampollock

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
To Montreal : Jack Quinn

To Buffalo : 1st WPG 2024, 2e COL 2024 Jordan Harris

Reason : Quinn got a huge injury and Buffalo got couple small players they think can be as good with Zach Benson, Matthew Savoie and Jiri Kulich. Does it make sense ?
Buffalo has a bunch of small players so they will trade the only 6' one among them???

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
What are the targets this summer to upgrade our physicality like hughes said?

My money is on Olivier. Former Hughes’s client also.

Reactions: Expos94

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think this team is a good landing spot for Laine. Great leadership in all major positions, supportive teammates and a good locker room, exceptional player-centred coaching and development staff, and a very clear role for him... The way they've supported guys like Armia and Anderson tells me that there'd be space and understanding for Laine finding his game and getting back on track. Lots of momentum with an up-and-coming team and lots of big names and personalities to take the heat off.

There's not a single player available in UFA or by trade that has his upside and the Habs have all kinds of asset to acquire him and more than enough cap space to take on his full salary. This is the kind of deal that puts the team over the top and maybe the only one that won't cost core assets to acquire. While he's a UFA in two years, I think that the Habs should be confident in their ability to retain him.

I think I take a shot at Laine over Zegras or Necas.

What are the targets this summer to upgrade our physicality like hughes said?

My money is on Olivier. Former Hughes’s client also.
Voronkov, Pospisil, and Joshua are interesting 3rd line guys.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Witj his season he’s gonna ask for a big payday. Dont see us overpaying money though.

And i don't think NOW is the time to add to our bottom 6, unless we can trade a player like Armia or Dvorak. We still have Gallagher and Anderson who are good bottom 6 players but with big contracts. Dvorak will be replaced by Beck during 2025-2026 season. We will need to ride Anderson and Gallagher for at least two years.

There is a spot on the top 6 though, that we must fill this offseason.

2024-2025

Slaf-Suzuki+ Caufield/Player X
Newhook-Dach-Player X/Caufield
Roy-Dvorak-Armia
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher

2025-2026

Dvorak and Armia are being replaced by Beck and 2024 1st pick (if a forward)

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
i wonder if NYR would be interested in deal around Armia and Kakko.

Armia fits more their contending window and there is no place for Kakko on the top 6. They can extend him for 2-3 years. He is been good this season and is always a force in the playoffs.

I would give them Winnipeg's 1st and Armia for Kakko.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
And i don't think NOW is the time to add to our bottom 6, unless we can trade a player like Armia or Dvorak. We still have Gallagher and Anderson who are good bottom 6 players but with big contracts. Dvorak will be replaced by Beck during 2025-2026 season. We will need to ride Anderson and Gallagher for at least two years.

There is a spot on the top 6 though, that we must fill this offseason.

2024-2025

Slaf-Suzuki+ Caufield/Player X
Newhook-Dach-Player X/Caufield
Roy-Dvorak-Armia
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher

2025-2026

Dvorak and Armia are being replaced by Beck and 2024 1st pick (if a forward)

But Hughes said they want to add toughness.

Reactions: Habssince89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad