Confirmed with Link: Trade! Petersen & Walker & Grans and a 2024 2nd to Flyers : Kings 30% retention on Provorov and get Connauton and Hodgson

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Okay, so I have the three stooges on ignore, but I gotta know which one in particular is saying Stuztle is a fluke?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
You know part of this that's kind of funny that I haven't thought of until now

Connauton is 33

Thus that qualifies him to get 20 minutes on the LAK roster while they send toby to the minors.

See: Christian Wolanin
I am prepared to see a Connauton - Durzi 3rd pair. Bjornfot is waiver eligible so hell be the 7th dman while Clarke marinates in the AHL and Spence stays down there so long hes past marinating and starts burning to a crisp and loses confidence and any value he once had.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Is it possible to trade salary you're retaining?

For example could Provorov's 2.025M cap hit be moved? Or are we stuck with it?

Reactions: Rorschach

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Norris is better than Vilardi, he’s more productive and he plays a more important position.

I don’t even know if you realize the stats you posted. But they aren’t stats of players on the same tier.

Norris is a C who over 82 game avg has been a 33-24-57 player

Vilardi is a RW who over 82 game avg has been a 22-19-41 player

Tell me, would you put Elias Petterson and Clayton Keller on the same tier?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I am prepared to see a Connauton - Durzi 3rd pair. Bjornfot is waiver eligible so hell be the 7th dman while Clarke marinates in the AHL and Spence stays down there so long hes past marinating and starts burning to a crisp and loses confidence and any value he once had.
I'm concerned about this as well.

But honestly I can't imagine Clarke not being in the NHL next year.

My fear is:
Anderson-Doughty
Durzi-Roy
Gavrikov-Clarke

Reactions: Schmooley

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Okay, so I have the three stooges on ignore, but I gotta know which one in particular is saying Stuztle is a fluke?
I'll... give... you... one... guess...

Though to be clear and fair (with what little credit is owed) he was positing a hypothetical more than making a declarative statement: "What if he becomes Yakupov?"

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Though to be clear and fair (with what little credit is owed) he was positing a hypothetical more than making a declarative statement: "What if he becomes Yakupov?"

What if an asteroid hits the earth tomorrow and all the draft picks technically bust?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I don't believe so. You can't trade cap space - it has to be attached to the player you're trading.

Reactions: johnjm22

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Tell me, would you put Elias Petterson and Clayton Keller on the same tier?

No. Keller is a good player but EP is at a higher tier.

Can you also tell me what you are basing QB being a “damn solid pick” on? He was taken #2 overall and has provided 8 goals and 33 points in 100 games. That production is literally bottom 5 percentile for players taken that high. I just struggle to see how that can be called a solid pick.

This is the exact quote on Stutzle and Norris.

“What does Ottawa do if their # 1 C turns into Yakupov, and there #2 C turns into Connor Bleakley? Or is that just...not in the realm of possibility?

If they are one hit wonders what then?”

I really don’t understand what it even means, not sure if it’s a defense of Blake or a shot at Stutzle (which is just another way they defend Blake)

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Can you also tell me what you are basing QB being a “damn solid pick” on? He was taken #2 overall and has provided 8 goals and 33 points in 100 games. That production is literally bottom 5 percentile for players taken that high. I just struggle to see how that can be called a solid pick.

“What does Ottawa do if their # 1 C turns into Yakupov, and there #2 C turns into Connor Bleakley? Or is that just...not in the realm of possibility?

I really don’t understand what it even means, not sure if it’s a defense of Blake or a shot at Stutzle (which is just another way they defend Blake)

Per the bolded...because I don't believe Byfield has peaked....I think he will put his game together....that's a solid pick...

Tell me, is Simon Nemec a solid pick, or is he just dogshit, he hasn't even played in the NHL.....per your own logic, it's a wasted pick.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

But it just makes no sense. It’s like saying what would Colorado do if Makar retired tomorrow.

And if it was a hypothetical on what Ottawa would have done had he flopped or had Ottawa drafted QB? They'd probably do the same thing most other teams woukd have done, continued to accumulate young pieces through the draft. Had TS flopped its very likely Ottawa is drafting one of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlson or Smith in this years draft.

They probably would not have ended their rebuild prematurely and traded for and signed a bunch of older players.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
But it just makes no sense. It’s like saying what would Colorado do if Makar retired tomorrow.

And if it was a hypothetical on what Ottawa would have done had he flopped or had Ottawa drafted QB? They'd probably do the same thing most other teams woukd have done, continued to accumulate young pieces through the draft. Had TS flopped its very likely Ottawa is drafting one of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlson or Smith in this years draft.

They probably would not have ended their rebuild prematurely and traded for and signed a bunch of older players.

Like....Giroux, Brassard, Harmonic

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Per the bolded...because I don't believe Byfield has peaked....I think he will put his game together....that's a solid pick...

Tell me, is Simon Nemec a solid pick, or is he just dogshit, he hasn't even played in the NHL.....per your own logic, it's a wasted pick.

Huge difference between a player after 1 season vs one after 3.

BTW, a better way to word your description of the QB pick would be.

"I know he has been a huge disappointment, but I still have faith in the player"

Calling the pick "damn solid" when the player has been historically bad through 3 seasons for a player taken that high is a ridiculous take.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Like....Giroux, Brassard, Harmonic

Their rebuild is over, they are on to the trying to compete and take the next step part. They did not bring in the guys that were the right fit and the GM deserves blame for that, but they have significantly more key young pieces than the Kings.

Remember we are talking about your hypothetical world where TS is at a similar level to guys like Yakupov, Turris and Byfield through 3 seasons and how they would have reacted to that.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Huge difference between a player after 1 season vs one after 3.

BTW, a better way to word your description of the QB pick would be.

"I know he has been a huge disappointment, but I still have faith in the player"

Calling the pick "damn solid" when the player has been historically bad through 3 seasons for a player taken that high is a ridiculous take.

No, it's still a damn solid pick.....the problem is, you are judging it based on 3 years.....but you won't judge Nemec? Weren't you the one saying that top 3 picks in this day and age should be playing in the NHL 99% of the time?

So when it doesn't happen.....it's a mistake, your logic, your words, but you won't say what NJ did with Nemec was a mistake....

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I agree with you. I just wanted to summarize his positions fairly and not misrepresenting their words. The rest speaks for itself.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
No, it's still a damn solid pick.....the problem is, you are judging it based on 3 years.....but you won't judge Nemec? Weren't you the one saying that top 3 picks in this day and age should be playing in the NHL 99% of the time?

So when it doesn't happen.....it's a mistake, your logic, your words, but you won't say what NJ did with Nemec was a mistake....
I wouldn't call Byfield a damn solid pick. A top 2 pick that you're still waiting for him to put together certainly isn't "damn solid." You can still have hope for him, but you're kidding yourself if you thought this is where he'd be at this point when he was first drafted, far from being damn solid

Reactions: head eyes and Herby

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake

With respect, Connauton is 32 years old, did not play a single game for one of the worst teams in the league and has scored a single goal this decade, and you want him anywhere near Staples Center? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: steepdrop

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
With respect, Caonnauton is 22 years old, did not play a single game for one of the worst teams in the league and has scored a single goal this decade, and you want him anywhere near Staples Center? Am I missing something?
No I dont want to see him on the team. I am just prepared for Tmac to trot him out there on the third pair and penalty kill.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I wouldn't call Byfield a damn solid pick. A top 2 pick that you're still waiting for him to put together certainly isn't "damn solid." You can still have hope for him, but you're kidding yourself if you thought this is where he'd be at this point when he was first drafted, far from being damn solid

He is behind, no question about that, but is he behind because he doesn't have it....or is he behind because he broke his leg, got sick (not sure if it was Covid I don't remember) but 3 seasons, his first two, he lost serious amounts of playing time,

Last year was the one year he wasn't injured, and he looked good, I still think he relies too much on himself, like he did in Juniors....can't do that in the pro game.....but he made plays last year that were just jaw dropping......and he's defensively responsible, yea, that's again, a damn solid pick.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
What's also real good as well is that there is the old "DL's first draft wasn't really his since he came into it late" but they wound up taking Bernier and Lewis. DL is the "build from the net out and up the middle" guy and his first pick is a goalie and his second is a total "DL type" player.

Now, I've always said it is his draft and never cared for that argument; however, it kind of became gospel on here. If that is the case, is Blake's first draft (Vilardi/Anderson) actually "his" draft? He's the AGM so he is the GM of the Reign and not an amateur scout. It's DL's scouting staff working that draft all year.

I mean, I'm just putting it out there because it is fun to hear some opinions. Plus it would be hilarious to ding Blake on his two best picks per NHL success so far since they weren't necessarily "his guys".

• Haha
Reactions: Herby

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't think that is possible. Seems like it would be including cash (cap space) from a separate transaction in a different trade.

Reactions: johnjm22

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Because it means nothing. You may as well ask, “what if the NHL goes bankrupt tomorrow?”

Just a meaningless red herring from an individual who has completely lost the ability to objectively evaluate his favorite sports team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: