Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And Ennis isn't softer than butter? Foligno has offensive skills anywhere in same galaxy?

Our main deficiency is a lack of bottom two lines. Pominville was a part of those in the recent past. Conclusions can be drawn from that.
That Parise is out because of his back and Haula is gone due to the expansion. That’s what I draw from it. The difference in Ennis and Pominville is minimal at best. Line mates are completely different though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ennis isn't fit to carry Pominville's .... Gym bag. Can't believe that anyone would argue that Ennis is better.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Russo mentioned on his most recent podcast that he believes the Wild are looking to trade one of Reilly/Olofsson. Thinks Reilly is more likely.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Interesting. Don't think he has much value, but who knows? Anyone Dman making a low salary and who can skate would be of interest to some teams.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i think reilly & olofsson are both decent prospects that need some time to develop. unless somebody else is ready for a spot that i dont know about? belpedio? soucy? bueller?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Trading Reilly or Olofsson just to keep Prosser is such a typical wild trade:nono:
I think it's more to keep Murphy. Same age as Reilly, but more NHL experience and is less erratic. Once Spurgeon's back Prosser will be right back to being Mr #7, a role he fills admirably.

I have no idea what sort of trade value Reilly has; maybe a middle-ish pick? I see upside to him and I think he's ready to start playing in the NHL, but he hasn't shown enough to really bring back much in trade.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think it's more to keep Murphy. Same age as Reilly, but more NHL experience and is less erratic. Once Spurgeon's back Prosser will be right back to being Mr #7, a role he fills admirably.

I have no idea what sort of trade value Reilly has; maybe a middle-ish pick? I see upside to him and I think he's ready to start playing in the NHL, but he hasn't shown enough to really bring back much in trade.

Russo thinks Reilly will get something like a mid-round pick.

Side note: Souhan keeps saying "wow" to everything Russo says and it makes my ears bleed

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo thinks Reilly will get something like a mid-round pick.

Side note: Souhan keeps saying "wow" to everything Russo says and it makes my ears bleed
So I'm not totally out to lunch. Maybe a 2nd from a team that's got nothing for LD in their system and sees some potential.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

I really got the impression that Quincey was very unpopular in the locker room from that podcast :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i like how smooth reilly skates. i like how defensively responsible olofsson is. takes time to adapt to the nhl game. murphy is better than quincy but i dont think hes a long term solution. ps if i were a gm buying i wouldn't pay more than a 3rd for either.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Hopefully if someone goes, the gentle wind current created by them going through the doorway is enough to carry Ennis along with them.

Reactions: 57special

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So I'm not totally out to lunch. Maybe a 2nd from a team that's got nothing for LD in their system and sees some potential.

Much rather see them jettison Quincey for futures. I'm not big on Reilly but a mid-round pick for a guy who might have more to him is a pretty bad ROI. Way way too soon to sell Olofsson in my opinion.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Much rather see them jettison Quincey for futures. I'm not big on Reilly but a mid-round pick for a guy who might have more to him is a pretty bad ROI. Way way too soon to sell Olofsson in my opinion.
Getting rid of Quincey for anything would be ideal, but I get the feeling if that was possible it'd be done by now. I guess you never know what'll happen as the season goes on.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo-Souhan podcast speculating the Wild are trying to trade one of Reilly or Olofsson because of Murphy.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I don't understand trading Reilly or Olf but if the return is good then go for it. Not sure what the wild would be looking for... Futures?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Ennis isn't fit to carry Pominville's .... Gym bag. Can't believe that anyone would argue that Ennis is better.

No joke. I said it immediately after the trade and I'll say it again. Ennis and Foligno are awful. The trade was pure trash and made us immensely worse for no damn good reason other than to sign such gems like Kyle Quincey and Nikolas Svedberg.

Reactions: 57special

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't understand trading Reilly or Olf but if the return is good then go for it. Not sure what the wild would be looking for... Futures?
Probably because soon we'll have too many guys that require waivers to get sent down. Makes sense, but it'd be nice to get some defensive depth back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad