TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Pretend your guy is not a UFA
Trash the other guy
Assuming the other GM is an idiot
Steal

Dude, no one is pretending RNH isn't a pending UFA. Any trade for RNH would be predicated on an extension being pre-negotiated. I mean, read the OP. He explicitly stated that RNH has a contract in place.

If you also bother to read this thread I was responding to a thoughtful post backed up with stats talking about RNH. I used the same stats examining Laine and new flash they weren't good.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Dude, no one is pretending RNH isn't a pending UFA. Any trade for RNH would be predicated on an extension being pre-negotiated. I mean, read the OP. He explicitly stated that RNH has a contract in place.

If you also bother to read this thread I was responding to a thoughtful post backed up with stats talking about RNH. I used the same stats examining Laine and new flash they weren't good.

He is a UFA...he is pretending

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I actually think Laine would look good on Edmonton.

Laine - McDavid - Puljujärvi

McDavid is an upgraded McKinnon. Puljujärvi is Landeskog-lite and Laine the finnisher like Rantanen. Oilers can then have Drai centering their 2nd line for good and actually run 2 good lines.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Neither side would consider doing this. If the Jackets are moving Laine, the center piece needs to be an undisputed 1st line player, or at minimum a blue-chip guaranteed no-miss 1st line prospect plus plus. Laine is a hot mess right now, but so is the team and it’d be easier for them to just eject Tortorella and see if another coach can unlock him. From the Oilers side, Laine would be just as big a crybaby primadonna in Edmonton that he was in Winnipeg, a city which is a carbon copy of what he left. Maybe the allure of playing with McJesus or Drai would coax him to pull his head out of his a$$, but if I’m Holland, I’m not taking that low-percentage bet at any cost.

Reactions: TFHockey

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Laine isn't looking for more money and has met expectations? I don't think so.
Big difference between 22 and 28 in term of expectations

I thought you guys are claiming the other 22 yrs old on your team is still developing? No? Lmfao

Last edited:
Reactions: Dumais

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce